Females with 100+ lbs to lose!

Options
Looking for support from women who are active here on MFP that have 100lb or more to lose! I have lost and gained weight for years, but it's crunch time. I am 26 and want to be successfully maintaining a healthy weight by 30! I am motivated, but do best with support from others. Feel free to post here, chat and add me. :)

Replies

• stephaniejenson
    stephaniejenson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm in the same boat as most of you! I'm 25 and have quite a lot of weight to lose. Diet starting today. Taking baby steps - it's a whole lifestyle change but one that will hopefully change my life for the better. Would love to add all of you, I'm looking for similar people to myself to support each other x
  • WalkingQueen1979
    WalkingQueen1979 Posts: 119 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi there I have 62 more lbs not quite 100 but I know how hard it is to lose then gain again. If I reach my goal of 150 I'll have lost 90. This app has helped a lot and of course exercising. Good luck you can do it and feel free to add me. :smiley:
  • shnoots
    shnoots Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started out with 90 to lose 10 years ago. I lost it all (through really unhealthy means) and put 80 of it back on after a few years (20 in the last 6 months). I have 74 to lose. Not quite 100, but after having a kid, getting divorced, and signing up to work nights, it feels like it sometimes.
  • Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    There is a group you can join which has a lot of people in the same situation. One big positive about the group is they are supportive and you don't get a lot of negative or condescending posts to questions or problems. It's a group that all have 100 lbs or more to lose.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I started on my own diet program 2 weeks ago. I got to the point of a weight i never wanted to reach. I saw a surgeon and he wont operate tiII I lose a substantial amount of weight. So far I have lost 14# i need to lose 136# more to be at the weight i want. If I can do this without surgery that would be better for me. I don't really have a support system so I thought coming on here would be supportive.

You can absolutely do it without surgery and it will be so much better for your overall health to do it naturally. There are quite a few on these forums who have had triple digit weight losses only by CICO. You might want to check out Shanelynch1972. He lost over 192 pounds since last year only by usimg this app and walking. With z lityle organization on your part and diligence and patience you will totally get there. All the best.
  • so583
    so583 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also want to loose around 100 pounds. I am not too sure on how to break down my long term weight loss goal into smaller goals and what time limit I should place on myself. From today onwards I want to be more active on MFP. Feel free to add me :)
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have about 140 to lose and am revved up to go. I am excited about the plans and goals I have made. My goals aren't all weight loss or fitness related. Some of them are things like moisturize every day to take care of the health of my skin, and video every day (which I am starting tonight with a video journal). The videoing I am doing is partly because my son wants to create YouTube videos so I need to learn techniques and how to edit.

I hope you are having an awesome day and if not, I hope it becomes awesome!
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone....I've got just over 100lbs to lose too. I've lost 2.7kg (about 5lbs) in the last 4 weeks and I'm just focusing on my weekly target of 0.5lb loss a week at the moment, as the overall number is too big to think about.
    I want to take it slow and steady as I've tried so many times to lose weight, but I try to do too much too soon and end up giving in. I've got a good group of friends on here so far who are so supportive, and I'm always happy to have more so anyone else can feel free to add me :smiley:

Good luck to everyone. We've all got a lot of work ahead of us, but it can be made so much more fun doing it together! :wink: