favorite weird food combo

Options

Replies

• mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    As a kid: 1) apple cake and mustard, 2) plain chips drenched in lowry's seasoning salt and vinegar
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    pbprincess wrote: »
    Beerios. It's exactly what it sounds like. Honey nut with something hoppy is the best.

Ugh, not Beer-eal! I got convinced by someone it was good and tried it during a night of imbibing. But it was not good. Haven't tried it since, lol
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Pizza dipped in ranch dressing. So good you can feel your heart slow down.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    My daughter dips her french fries into her chocolate milkshake. I used to make sandwiches from baked beans. If the beans were heated, the sandwich was open-faced. If the beans were cold, it was just a sandwich.
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    pthyay wrote: »
    I make poached eggs, then melt cheddar cheese on them and eat them with a handful of walnuts. It came about as an attempt to cobble together a high-protein lunch from whatever was left in the fridge and I ended up really liking it. :-)

Got to try this sometime...plus it's textbook keto

When eating an Avocado like an apple (no I pealed the skin off though...rather like a banana), I get this bizarre look from 1 of my co-workers like I am from another planet or something..."normal".
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Fresh tomato on biscuits and sausage gravy is awesome. I thought that was a normal thing but I mentioned it once at work and everyone thought I was nuts...
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Another kind of weird recipe from my childhood...half a hamburger bun topped with "beanie-weenies" (pork-n-beans with cut up hotdogs and a little mustard), a slice of onion, and crowned with a slice of cheese. Put under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese melts. I still get a craving for these every once in a while, 50 years later.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    ASH_DVM wrote: »
    pbprincess wrote: »
    Beerios. It's exactly what it sounds like. Honey nut with something hoppy is the best.

Ugh, not Beer-eal! I got convinced by someone it was good and tried it during a night of imbibing. But it was not good. Haven't tried it since, lol

It's an art form. It turns to mush if you use regular cheerios or multigrain, the flavored ones have a kind of coating so they don't go soggy so quick, and you can't just add any old beer. I've done it with a few local brews and they do fine.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    ridge4mfp wrote: »
    Another kind of weird recipe from my childhood...half a hamburger bun topped with "beanie-weenies" (pork-n-beans with cut up hotdogs and a little mustard), a slice of onion, and crowned with a slice of cheese. Put under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese melts. I still get a craving for these every once in a while, 50 years later.

i used to LOVE this as a kid
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Things that I ate in a previous life:

Bread, buttered and covered in sugar
    Golden syrup sandwiches
    Sandwich filled with fried egg, bacon, tomatoes and a slice of dairylea cheese
    Sandwich filled with bacon, chicken, melted cheese and barbeque sauce
    Chip butties (sandwiches)
    Hot cross buns filled with strong cheddar and apple slices
    Chips covered in grated cheddar and vinegar
    Garlic bread & pizza with garlic/herb sauce

Just the thought of eating these now makes me shudder.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Watermelon smeared with sunflower butter. As a child I used to eat fudgecicles with dill pickle spears, too.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My daughter dips her french fries into her chocolate milkshake. I used to make sandwiches from baked beans. If the beans were heated, the sandwich was open-faced. If the beans were cold, it was just a sandwich.

I used to gross out all my friends at Wendy's because I'd dip half my fry in ketchup and the other half in my frosty. But I loved it.
  • fbg419
    fbg419 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Chocolate sauce on pepperoni pizza. And I use hummus instead of mayo on my sandwiches.
  • fishshark
    Options

I used to gross out all my friends at Wendy's because I'd dip half my fry in ketchup and the other half in my frosty. But I loved it.

I feel like the french fry and milkshake/frosty is so normal!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    pickles and chocolate :blush:
  • amyvanblaricom
    amyvanblaricom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    As a teenager I love fries dipped in a mix of ketchup and caramel sauce. I also love ketchup with scrambled eggs. Most people find that disgusting.
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    As a teenager I love fries dipped in a mix of ketchup and caramel sauce. I also love ketchup with scrambled eggs. Most people find that disgusting.

I used to dip my french fries in mayo. I may still do that occasionally if no one is looking. :(
  • fishshark
    Options
    baby food and baby food

it's better than you think.... most of the time.

when I had my tonsils out as a kid they broke an artery and it opened up 3 times so I had to get it cauterized... i lived on baby food for about 6 months. The sweet ones are amazing. Loved plum and pear combo.
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    baby food and baby food

it's better than you think.... most of the time.

when I had my tonsils out as a kid they broke an artery and it opened up 3 times so I had to get it cauterized... i lived on baby food for about 6 months. The sweet ones are amazing. Loved plum and pear combo.

I involuntarily had an "Mmmmmm......that sounds good" moment. Plum and pear. :)