Clean Eating

Options
Anyone else out there trying to lose weight and eat clean? I am looking for new recipes, ideas and just support. :)

Replies

• kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    What does "clean eating" mean to you? There a quite a few definitions of this so maybe knowing some more specifics may help with the answers you may get.
  • Fourbeeznme
    Fourbeeznme Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to eat no processed food- I bought Ezekiel bread and liked that. My first question is with dairy? Should it be no dairy or limited? I have been drinking Almond milk but I use a little half and half in my coffee- that is the hard one I don't know if I can give up. Also I don't like greek yogurt but do enjoy plain yogurt with fruit.

Thanks for posting back.
    Dawn
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to eat no processed food- I bought Ezekiel bread and liked that. My first question is with dairy? Should it be no dairy or limited? I have been drinking Almond milk but I use a little half and half in my coffee- that is the hard one I don't know if I can give up. Also I don't like greek yogurt but do enjoy plain yogurt with fruit.

Thanks for posting back.
    Dawn

Wouldn't said bread be "processed" since it's made with multiple ingredients, shaped, cooked, then sealed in a plastic bag and frozen?
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Thanks for posting back.
    Dawn

Wouldn't said bread be "processed" since it's made with multiple ingredients, shaped, cooked, then sealed in a plastic bag and frozen?

Yep.

OP, 'clean' eating threads never end well here. I'd recommend just joining the clean eating group http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133-clean-eating-group
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Thanks for posting back.
    Dawn

There seem to be as many definitions of clean eating as there are clean eaters. Some allow dairy, some only allow certain kinds of dairy, and some don't consume it at all. You'll need to either consult with whichever type of clean eating you're following or you can do a littl research and decide if it's right for you :flowerforyou:

Just to give you a feel for how many different definitions of clean eating exist: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10337480/what-is-clean-eating
  • Fourbeeznme
    Fourbeeznme Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help I just joined the clean eating group. :)