• chrisfwood
    chrisfwood Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    0s8esc5jqgnv.png

Worrying!
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I had to go get my HRM on to see. Sitting on the couch quietly, it's down to 41.
  • robman5151
    robman5151 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    KDar1988 wrote: »
    I had to go get my HRM on to see. Sitting on the couch quietly, it's down to 41.

Nice! You might be dead!
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Usually mid 40s
  • KDar1988
    Options
    robman5151 wrote: »

Nice! You might be dead!

Nice! You might be dead!

LOL - I had surgery in November and the monitors kept going off because my hr was lower than their machines liked. The nurse said I had the hr of an athlete. I'm no athlete but I have been working my butt off :)
  • robman5151
    robman5151 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Nice! You might be dead!

Nice! You might be dead!

LOL - I had surgery in November and the monitors kept going off because my hr was lower than their machines liked. The nurse said I had the hr of an athlete. I'm no athlete but I have been working my butt off :)

That's awesome! Glad you're doing good!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    typically 42-45 bpm
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    and here I was worried that mine last night at 43 was too low.
  • cheche555
    cheche555 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    As long as you don't have Afib, and your body can handle it, you should be OK. My husband always had a very low HR but it started to go way to low and an ECG determined that he was on Afib all the time. He dipped to the 30s, ended in the ER, and three days later he was the proud owner of a pacemaker.

The cardiologist said that having a constant low HR is not necessarily a sign of fitness, specially as we age. Genetics also seems to have a saying in how low our heart beats in the resting stage with or without exercise.

• rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Mid to low 50s, usually, if I'm completely relaxed.

And low heart rate can be good or bad depending on why it's low. If you have a conduction block in your heart, a low heart rate is bad. If you have done a lot of cardiovascular exercise and have a low heart rate because you have a very strong heart with a high stroke volume, it's good.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    33bpm. Distance runner. 70mi/wk.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »

And low heart rate can be good or bad depending on why it's low. If you have a conduction block in your heart, a low heart rate is bad. If you have done a lot of cardiovascular exercise and have a low heart rate because you have a very strong heart with a high stroke volume, it's good.

^ Agree. (swim/bike/run workouts, 9-12hrs per week, led to my low HR.)
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    What is the actual *normal average* HR?
  • rawley69
    rawley69 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    LushFix wrote: »
    What is the actual *normal average* HR?

I think 60ish is the preferred resting heart rate.
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Resting is average 47.
    Exercies is typically 90-145
  • KDar1988
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »

Mine is due to all the exercise I do. It has come down a lot since I committed to the exercise and lost weight.