For those of you eating breakfast at your desk this morning, what are you having?

Options

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    This morning I have a container of 4% cottage cheese and a 1/2 oz. of pork rinds. It might sound like a strange combo, but I like saltiness and it fills me up.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    selina884 wrote: »
    Thin Bagel (120 cals) with smoked salmon and a smidgen of mayo.[/quote

Is the smoked salmon from a can or where do you get it? Do you have to cook it first?
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    either protein enriched cereal/porridge or fat free greek yoghurt with granola. [/quote

What is porridge and where do you get it?
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I cook one serving of oatmeal with 1.5 servings of eggwhites, 1/4 cup of milk and a cup of blueberries. Lots of volume for little calories. Oh and a tablespoon of maple syrup for added sweetness.
  • edonald774
    edonald774 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I eat at my desk every work day. To make life easy I make oat bars which are my "work day" breakfasts.
  • michmill98_1
    michmill98_1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    COFFEE! Chobani coconut greek yogurt with a hazelnut granola and mini chocolate chips. A little change up from my usual plain greek yogurt with frozen berries (prep the night before so the berries have time to thaw out) and granola. Occasionally one of the Quaker Oats medley cups (I know they're higher sugar but it's about the only way I can stomach oatmeal).
  • ednawhatnot
    ednawhatnot Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    We have a toaster at work so recently it's either boiled egg or banana on wholemeal toast and a small pot of flavoured greek yoghurt.
  • michmill98_1
    michmill98_1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    joobey wrote: »
    Thin Bagel (120 cals) with smoked salmon and a smidgen of mayo.[/quote

Is the smoked salmon from a can or where do you get it? Do you have to cook it first?

@joobey -- The smoked salmon that I buy is in the fresh seafood section at the grocery store. It's usually in a flat package and will be thinly sliced already. Look for Smoked Salmon or Lox on the package. It's ready to eat straight from the package so you don't need to cook it.
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Chobani cherry greek yogurt and a breakfast bar. I get my protein and it's yummily delicious! :smile:
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Protein bar and blueberry Greek yogurt with granola mixed in
  • annieu613
    annieu613 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    When I have time I make a protein smoothie. When I'm running late I grab a packet of breakfast biscuits.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Leftover crockpot banana steel cut oats, a scrambled egg and a Starbucks vanilla iced coffee.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Thin Bagel (120 cals) with smoked salmon and a smidgen of mayo.

This sounds delicious. I love bagel thins!!
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    3 eggs and 3 medium sausage patties. My usual is 2 eggs and 2 patties (500 calories) but I didn't pack a mid-morning snack today. I pick it up in the neighborhood and they cook the eggs the way I like them. It's easier than doing it at home, and practically cheaper. I occasionally do an all-fruit breakfast and take a heavier protein/fat hit at mid-morning. It's hard to eat 500 calories of fruit and still keep the carbs low!
  • zebacuff
    zebacuff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Rolled oats with banana and mixed spice, cooked in our microwave here.
  • Furtado2
    Furtado2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    4oz of scrambled egg whites, a Bakery Series Coffee (Chocolate Glazed Donut flavored) with my PEScience Snickerdoodle Protein and 4oz of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and a light and fit boston cream pie greek yogurt.

Keeps me full and happy until my mid-morning meal!
  • iangelab
    iangelab Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    overnight oats with steel cut oats, almond milk, protein powder, cinnamon, cacao and chia seeds..... oh, and some coffee in it too!
  • BlakeKellyD
    BlakeKellyD Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Had my Zurvita protein shake! My sinful yet healthy treat to myself for a workout done. :)
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Strawberry Banana Smoothie
  • sunshyneson
    sunshyneson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    1/2 scoop Vanilla Ice Cream Protein powder mixed in 0% Greek yogurt (tastes like icing!) with 3 strawberries and 40g oatmeal with 1.5 tsp honey :)
    Some of these breakkies sound delish! Thanks for the ideas!