1200 Calorie Diet Buddies

Options

Replies

• nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi all, I'm on 1200 for some hormone issues. It's rough at first but very doable so long as you hit all of your macros and time small meals throughout the day so that you never feel hungry. I'm a big fan of staving off snack cravings with fizzy 0-calorie flavoured waters, a cut of cheese, or a handful of nuts. Loads of protien makes you feel fuller longer, as well as fosters muscular development.
    I am not big on fruits and vegetables either. I like the basic carrots, green beans, peas, lettuce, tomato, etc., gag on broccoli, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, no matter how I eat them...

I am also a baby about veggies, BUT FEAR NOT. Search "healthy recipes for kids" on pinterest, there's like a billion ideas for how to cook veggies so that they don't taste like feet. As for the veggies you DO like, learn to dip them in things like hummus or tzatziki instead of creamy dips or ranch. Or search them on pinterest (example: "green beans recipe") and get some more ideas on how to eat what you like in different ways so that you don't get bored.

My stats are below, I am trying to find other people with similar body types/goals. Add me if you like.

Height: 5'9"
    Starting Weight: 146lbs
    Current Weight: 128.6lbs
    Goal Weight: ~125lbs, but I don't care how much I weigh so long as I have high muscle and lower bodyfat (~18%), I just want to be lean.
    Bodyfat: ~22%
    Diet Parameters: 1200-1500 calories, mostly on the low end because I have a deskjob. I have one cheat day a week, but I try not to exceed 2000 calories.
    Workout: Cardio 3x per week (walking on inclined treadmill for 60 minutes), weight training 2x per week (focus on core/back).
  • dsousa2
    dsousa2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would like to be added as well. I need to lose 25 lbs. I am just kicking off my 1200 calorie diet today and could use the support. Dealing with aging and ill parents as their primary care giver!
  • ybee1991
    ybee1991 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1230 on average, add me if you'd like.
  • getch123
    getch123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather, I am on a 1250 calorie plan please include me
  • HeatherMarie1200
    HeatherMarie1200 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great news! My doctor let me know today I can join the gym but to take it easy as my lower back pain is from arthritis. Bikes, treadmills, swimming etc. Super excited I can add some exercise to my diet!
  • amber_highlyfavored
    amber_highlyfavored Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me everyone!
  • callmecarina
    callmecarina Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 cal plan, feel free to add me! It's my second go-around here on MFP (8-day streak), but I think having more people hold me accountable will help me stick with it this time around. That, and I'm on week 3 of C25K and feeling awesome!
  • leaj1984
    leaj1984 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    please add me! i'm at 1290, but i eat less on certain days and more on others, depending on what's happening that week. i put specific goals for each day (today for ex: 1,000 cal; but Wed is going to be 1,430... Tues & Thurs at 1,100... Sunday is going to be at 1,700... and so on). I adjust according to events / social things.
  • Dentice143
    Dentice143 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • gnarlykickflip
    gnarlykickflip Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! I try to aim for 1200-1300. It can get tough, but I've found that eating lots of fat helps me feel fuller. Feel free to add me!
  • dsousa2
    dsousa2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather, thanks for the add! :)
  • athena1779
    athena1779 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1200 (technically). I usually don't reach it and my stats say I should go to 1400, but I want to lose weight. I need the motivation outside my home and a little competition, so feel free to add me!
  • xickel
    xickel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories. I log in every day and am looking for friends who also log in every day. Feel free to add me!
  • phys72
    phys72 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm supposed to be 1200 but I'm not doing great at it. I'm also not exercising due to chronic pain so I find it tough to stay at 1200 and not be allowed extra calories from exercising. You're welcome to add me as a friend.
  • wallace_4
    wallace_4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 1200 calories too, feel free to add me
  • amy_ross86
    amy_ross86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 a day!
  • ktsmiles3
    ktsmiles3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of the 1200 club. I have goofed a few times and am looking for good support.
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like. I eat under 1200 to 1400 a day if I get lots of exercise. Anyone can add me really :) looking for motivating buddies.
  • wrabbit007
    wrabbit007 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would love to have a group of people eating at my calorie goal. I am doing horrible lately so I definitely need people to give me meal ideas and support! Please add me!
  • campbell3913
    campbell3913 Posts: 64 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've been at 1200 for the last 43 days It helps that my husband is on Weight Watchers. I've used a number of the recipes on the blog. My favorite to date is the Lentil Sweet Potato & Spinach Stew. Fed it to a group including 2 teen boys everyone loved it! I lost 8lbs so far. Please add me!