What to eat to cope with incredible hunger?

Options

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, yogurt, meat, up the protein
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    when i am really hungry this is my quick fix

3 sugar free jello's ( volume for 15 calories only)
    225 gram fat free yogurt ( 100 calories and lots of protein)
    100 gram quinoa ( carbs and some protein , filling and 100 calories)

215 calories of goodies and i am stuffed. Its a big!!!! bowl lol

But this only when i am very very hungry. Normally i get hungry ( read getting an appetite) an hour before dinner or lunch. Then i just wait.
    I wont die you know. People say quickly they are hungry, but as long as i feel good and not getting fatigue or feeling sick/strange or horrible...then it is appetite for me.
    So i wait that hour before it is eating time( i eat 4 times a day. breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, evening snacking so the time in between is never long)

• barryfit128
    barryfit128 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ive been eating alot of carrots and celery
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    wortn wrote: »
    This is might be my wake up call to increase proteins. I'm trying to loose weight and stay on 1580 calories per day.

1580 is my maintenance :neutral:

Poor you

mine is close to this on non-workout days where i'm closer to 1,800. i know the feel of being a petite woman. :(

OP, my suggestion is the opposite of the above. i go for INSANE volume on low calorie fruits and veggies.

I'm talking a pound of greens, 2-3 cups of watermelon, a head of broccoli, a head of cauliflower, 3 or 4 heads of romaine, lots and lots of grapes, a whole cantaloupe, etc. I also load up on hot soups and broths (sipping broth is amazing), and low calorie foods like a whole box of sugar free jello/pudding.

When i start getting that insatiable hunger eating SO MUCH (without killing my calories) makes all the difference. I looked into your allergy and you can eat these:

Bananas
    Grapefruit and lemons
    Mangos and papayas
    Pears
    Rhubarb
    Tangerines
    Asparagus
    Carrots
    Fresh mushrooms
    Green and wax beans
    Greens
    Lettuce, spinach, and other greens
    Squash
    beans
    cabbage
    peas
    potato

These are all things you can eat in high quantity. :wink:
  • JaiDessaT
    JaiDessaT Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Seltzer with my meals helps fill me up. Lentil soup (a lot of protein and fiber), 3 scrambled eggs cooked with butter or avocado oil and 2 bananas, Smoothie with honey yogurt and banana and any fruit you can eat (I also add chia seeds and kefir), celery with tuna and mayo, turkey rollups. Try to base your meals around protein and pile your plate with veg and some fruit. You could also try banana dipped in dark chocolate, if safe.
  • Wophie
    Wophie Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    When I get like that I eat bananas and drink green tea. The tea tricks yourself into thinking you're having a hot meal, and the bananas fill you up!
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Banana with peanut butter and drink your water and then some! Good luck!
  • wortn
    wortn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    This is might be my wake up call to increase proteins. I'm trying to loose weight and stay on 1580 calories per day.

1580 is my maintenance :neutral:

Poor you

mine is close to this on non-workout days where i'm closer to 1,800. i know the feel of being a petite woman. :(

OP, my suggestion is the opposite of the above. i go for INSANE volume on low calorie fruits and veggies.

I'm talking a pound of greens, 2-3 cups of watermelon, a head of broccoli, a head of cauliflower, 3 or 4 heads of romaine, lots and lots of grapes, a whole cantaloupe, etc. I also load up on hot soups and broths (sipping broth is amazing), and low calorie foods like a whole box of sugar free jello/pudding.

When i start getting that insatiable hunger eating SO MUCH (without killing my calories) makes all the difference. I looked into your allergy and you can eat these:

Bananas
    Grapefruit and lemons
    Mangos and papayas
    Pears
    Rhubarb
    Tangerines
    Asparagus
    Carrots
    Fresh mushrooms
    Green and wax beans
    Greens
    Lettuce, spinach, and other greens
    Squash
    beans
    cabbage
    peas
    potato

These are all things you can eat in high quantity. :wink:

Thank you, but I cannot eat most fruits and veggies due to food allergy.
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky is my go to. 40 calories a serving.
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Can you have watermelon?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,382 Member
    Options
    Review your diary (and your memory) and look for patterns that involve the days where you're more hungry. Some things to think about:
    • Enough sleep? Good sleep quality, or no?
    • Macros different that day (especially protein/fat, which many people find satiating), or the day before?
    • More or less fiber that day, or the day before?
    • More carbs or sugar (they make some people crave-y)?
    • Did you do extra exercise or get extra activity that day or the day before?
    • How has your hydration been from water, other beverages, or water-containing foods?
    • Is there something different in the timing of your eating (calories, or macros), such as more/less that morning, the previous night, etc.?
    • More/less stress than usual?
    • More or fewer calories than usual the day before?
    • Later or earlier eating the night before?
    • etc.

If you can find a pattern, you can make a change. If you don't immediately see a pattern, consider experimenting with some of those variables to see if it makes a difference. Perhaps making some notes (in the notes section of your MFP diary) about issues like sleep quality or stress, or time of day for each meal if that varies, might help you identify patterns as you go forward.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    On days like this I eat a lot of eggs throughout the day.
  • wortn
    Options
    Thank you for all your support. It actually got me thinking about trying ketogenic diet. This is my second day. I'm doing okay and not terribly hungry. I guess upping my fat and protein helps.
  • wortn
    Options

I love eggs, but scared of all the cholesterol.
  • cocobee2016
    cocobee2016 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt works for me too with crushed walnuts and a little honey or jam. Oatmeal satisfies me too, I add mashed banana as sugar only makes me more hungry.
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options

There is nothing to be scared of at all. That scare was a lot of years ago now and sadly has never left us, even though they were wrong. For a Keto diet, eggs are your best friend so don't be afraid of them :)
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options

Funny thing, my cholesterol is really good. Just had a blood check done.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options

The fat & the cholesterol & calories are in the yolk.
    The protein is in the Whites.

If your body has too high cholesterol, just limit the yolks. I eat alot of whites only & they are very tasty. Cheap source of protein.