Mid month beginner challenge

2»

Replies

• ronna1961
    ronna1961 Posts: 6 Member
    My doctor told me to eat protein and green vegetable for all meals and keep it under 1200 calories! I followed this advise last October and by mid November, I had lost 10 lbs.! I also walked 5 miles a day, split in 2 times a day! I am starting that up again today, April 18, hoping to lose 10 lbs. by The end of May! If anyone wants to do this with me, let me know and I will give you some sample of my meals! This really works!! Good luck everyone!!
  • erelyl
    erelyl Posts: 48 Member
    well i'm logging in.. and tracking (good and bad) and dammit i'm getting the water in to me. Not as much as i should, but enough that i think i might float away! I've never taken so many pee breaks in my life (i know, tmi, but you all know how it is i'm sure!). One thing i hate is feeling cold when i'm drinking so much water... wrapped up in a shawl already this morning! How are you all doing?
  • riricici
    riricici Posts: 22 Member
    Is like to join, a few days past mid month! I need some help drinking all my water - i often forget to drink anything at all through the day. I should also track my 'bad' days
  • Shoebacha1
    Shoebacha1 Posts: 2,113 Member
    I had trouble with drinking a lot of water at first, but now I seem to crave it. I did pee a lot, but it has slowed down to a more normal average. My biggest challenge this week is getting my work outs in. I have to be at work an hour earlier than normal and my husband is sick, so I just cant seem to get out of bed early enough, and then I want to get home to check on my husband when I get off work so the gym gets missed again. I know when I get back in the pool I will feel it.
  • lakechasmith
    lakechasmith Posts: 36 Member
    I would like join not sure if I'm doing this right.
  • rubydrm
    rubydrm Posts: 112 Member
    I would like to join!
  • jtuttle803
    jtuttle803 Posts: 3 Member
    I would like to join too.
  • lindacstitch
    lindacstitch Posts: 11 Member
    Can I join too please. I start each day motivated then something happens and I fall off the wagon. When I am motivated I do very well in losing weight and keeping fit. I want to lose a stone and truthfully 20lbs but need to just get myself in gear.
    So from today I track my food intake and make sure I drink enough fluids. 10 days left in April so I am starting now.
  • erelyl
    Welcome folks! How are you all doing? I'm on my tenth day of logging! Yay! Trying to get my water in is proving to be really freaking hard. But i'm trying. So far i have a little weight gone. I know it's water weight but still makes me happy. Feel free to check in and tell us all how it's going for you.
  • mrscarnevale
    mrscarnevale Posts: 10 Member
    This sounds like a great challenge to begin with! I am new and have a lot to lose. I guess I joined this area a year ago (but I don't remember this so must not have been for long :smile: )

I will log my food daily and drink water (the water has been a challenge).

Thank you for starting this.

Tammy
  • mrsrichards1kr
    mrsrichards1kr Posts: 13 Member
    I have been doing this everyday for the past 47 days....good luck to everyone!

• erelyl
    So how are you all doing now that we approach the end of the month? I'm on 15 days of logging... yay! My water intake is much improved.. and i have a few pounds gone.

To kick it up a little, my personal challenge for the next three weeks or so will be to make my own lunch every day. No more eating at the cafeteria! Easier to track the portions and calories, and much friendlier to my bank account. This is in addition to the logging and water.

What do you guys have in mind as your next step?
  • lakechasmith
    erelyl wrote: »
    So how are you all doing now that we approach the end of the month? I'm on 15 days of logging... yay! My water intake is much improved.. and i have a few pounds gone.

To kick it up a little, my personal challenge for the next three weeks or so will be to make my own lunch every day. No more eating at the cafeteria! Easier to track the portions and calories, and much friendlier to my bank account. This is in addition to the logging and water.

• lakechasmith
    I don't know how to add people but send me the request and I'll accept. I feel the same way the more people the merrier. I have logged in 16 days now. My water is up and down just depends on my mood. I have lost another 2.5 pounds this week for a total 6 pounds lost. Not quite sure why my home page says only 4.5 pounds lost but 260-254=6 lol. I did bad this weekend and today as we were eating at restaurants. But I made up for it by getting in extra steps.
  • wendywoo68
    wendywoo68 Posts: 5 Member
    Not really joining mid month am I?? But I REALLY like your tiny steps goal achievements, so I will start just pastmidomnthnearlyintoanewmonth!!! I detest dieting, not going to lie.. and exercising! So now I find myself middle aged (always been on the skinny side) having to diet. Good Lord its hard! I have just completed my 2nd day of entering my food, so far so good until my kids get home from training and I will then feel the need for a Shiraz and blow my quota!!! We are entering Winter here and I am going to need all the help you can give!! I also figure that as long as I enter everyday and TRY to keep under my allowance...then that is good :) Right???
  • erelyl
    Yay for more people.. who cares if the month is almost over? There's no time like now, or something along those lines. i'll make a new thread come May 1.

So, my eating is not bad today. I'm drinking some water. I even got some cardio going first thing this morning.. shovelling snow. Seriously. Where the hell did spring go?

However for my newest challenge add on, packing lunch.. umm well. Lets just say it snowed. And i rolled over and went back to sleep for an hour. And then had to rush about and shovel before i could go to work. SO no, i did not pack my lunch. Great start huh? I guess i'll put that on the list for tomorrow :)