The bare truth

Options
Warning - if you don't want to read about personal body image issues, stop reading!
This is my moment of truth! One I know plenty of my friends can relate to. I've been bitchin' to my reflection in the mirror lately. That I'm still not skinny enough, toned enough...good enough. That I "need" a tummy tuck, a boob job, a leg extension...heck, maybe just a full body transplant. I KNOW I am not the only one who does this and I know that I shouldn't be wasting precious energy on thoughts like these. Thankfully, on most days I don't. But on the days that I do it annoys the heck out of me. I get angry at myself for talking myself down in a manner I would never let my girlfriends, daughters and sister talk to themselves. So instead of continuing to put this body down tonight I am going to put it online and say this: This is my one and only body, no make-up, no filter, my amazing tummy that has stretched beyond anything I ever believed possible and grown 5 human beings, breasts that have fed these same children for 45 months and my thick thighs that carry #walkinginga wherever I want to go. I'd say that's pretty damn amazing....but I still want a tummy tuck

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    You don't need a tummy tuck, you look awesome!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Rockin2014 wrote: »
    This is my moment of truth! One I know plenty of my friends can relate to. I've been bitchin' to my reflection in the mirror lately. That I'm still not skinny enough, toned enough...good enough.

So... question. Just what or who is it you think you are not good, skinny,toned enough for?

What does enough mean? What do you think it should feel like?

What are you hoping to achieve when you finally do reach your enough?

• Tanical
    Tanical Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look great. If I look like that after having even one child, I'll be over the moon! :smiley:
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    What a brave thing to do... I totally applaud you (and do know where you're coming from)
    Tummy tucks are very invasive but so helpful for people who have terrible excess skin.
    Yours doesn't look too bad at all, and just remember that saying goodbye to some skin and stretchmarks, says hello to a lovely long scar..some people think it's totally worth it.. it's up to you to pick the lesser of the 2 evils! lol

We all like to criticise ourselves to oblivion...but you know there is always someone out there who would kill to have your body - and that will never change.

You really do genuinely look great and your picture will be inspiring to many I am sure. :)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I kinda love this. :)
  • shabbal
    shabbal Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I hear what you are saying...but you look great!! 5 babies! Wow! Continue on being the strongest and healthiest you can be. Some days can be tough...when we don't all look like Kate Hudson prancing around in, all Fabletic, or whatever it's called.
    <insert a joyous and jealous sarcasm>
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
  • MermaidAmanda10
    MermaidAmanda10 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
  • VeronicaShukla
    VeronicaShukla Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are gorgeous!
  • PR3TTYNPNK2
    PR3TTYNPNK2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    One Woman to all women. You look great. You are BEAUTIFUL. Be happy. I know you don't regret your awesome children, so don't regret that banging body they helped shape and mold. Maybe you can help me with some workout tips and healthy food tips. I need all the help I can get