Just got a food shock...

Options
13»

Replies

• Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I record everything, every bite. Butter has a lot of calories and is mostly fat. Cream cheese, ditto. But something like ketchup has calories too and can add up as others have said. I count everything, even a ten calorie jello or 40 calorie popsicle. And all my veggies and fruits. There are no free foods for me.

Well I used whipped butter and whipped cream cheese, and I started measuring those. I also use it sparingly, that alone isn't enough to cause weight gain or losing the same amount of weight. I rarely use ketchup too. It's the pre-packaged stuff that apparently has been the culprit.

But yeah, I've started weighing and logging my butter and such as a result.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Well I used whipped butter and whipped cream cheese, and I started measuring those. I also use it sparingly, that alone isn't enough to cause weight gain or losing the same amount of weight. I rarely use ketchup too. It's the pre-packaged stuff that apparently has been the culprit.

100 grams of whipped butter has the same amount of calories and fat as 100 grams of solid butter (717 calories). That's why weighing is better than measuring spoons and cups.

• Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    64crayons wrote: »

100 grams of whipped butter has the same amount of calories and fat as 100 grams of solid butter (717 calories). That's why weighing is better than measuring spoons and cups.

I weigh my butter now. And it's not really about the calories. In a previous answer, I said I used whipped butter because it's easier to spread and less dense texture wise than regular butter.