Incentive for working out?

Options
The obvious incentive is looking and feeling better but does anyone have any tricks to further motivate themselves. I've lost 8 pounds in 5 weeks from just eating right. Between renovating my house, student teaching, work, and school, I'm always too beat to work out.

Replies

• TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    The more I exercise, the more I can eat. :)

My sentiments exactly LOL:) And my legs are shaping up nicely due to my bike rides:)
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be stuck with only 1200 calories so I exercise every day to earn more food!!

It's also just become
    A habit at this point.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    amusement parks!
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    For me its alone time, kids are not generally welcome on my runs. I listen to music, daydream etc.

My weightlifting, well I do get company for those workouts from time to time. But weightlifting is more about results for me. I like that my arms are getting some definition.

• pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Buying work out clothes and signing up for races keeps me motivated. Having a routine and stress relief also keep me motivated.
  • paganvegan
    paganvegan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I find that once i started working out i gained more energy to do more. You may find the same.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I find walking is the perfect antidote to what you're describing!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    The more I exercise, the more I can eat. :)

Yep! That's all the motivation i need :lol:

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Yep, exercise = more food! This was my biggest motivation for the first year. Now that I'm in maintenance I've found that exercise was such a normal part of my life that I didn't need that extra motivation anymore and I switched to the TDEE method. But it took a while to really change my life style to get to that point.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    It makes me feel good. Its a huge stress reliever and I never regret a workout. And food ofc.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Exercising clears my mind, gives me more energy and a feeling of accomplishment. Plus I can eat more without the effects of weight gain. It's my "me time" thus my motivator, I guess!
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yep, I'm one of those people who exercise so I'll have the strength and energy to get through my next workout... :smile: Actually I'm pretty sedentary when not working out, so it's my time to feel physical and active. I like that feeling. Also, when out of shape and not exercising I feel very lethargic with no energy. I hate that feeling.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    I find walking is the perfect antidote to what you're describing!

That is so true and the perfect prescription for sleeping soundly at nights
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda over the "more food" bit as motivation. But I can easily lose a pound a week on 2k cals a day. Ymmv!

My motivation is mostly in looking and feeling better. I've got my resting heart rate down to about 55 bpm average, and I'm looking to lower it even more. I feel great, and that is motivation enough for me!
  • AmberNew16
    AmberNew16 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. I love walking. I guessa big part of it is being low on free time but if I want to do it bad enough, i'll find the time. I should add that on weekends, I am renovating a house and my job involves lots of standing and walking. I'm really not sedentary but I want to love working out again.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Truth is some days there's no motivation. When you get into the habit of exercise the way you feel afterwards is worth just sucking it up and doing something.
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Try to find a type of exercise you enjoy; my work out is my reward and I look forward to it daily. I hate rest days.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    AmberNew16 wrote: »
    Between renovating my house, student teaching, work, and school, I'm always too beat to work out.

OK, I can see that renovating your house is physical work, but I find that with mental work (like teaching and studies) that I become lethargic rather than tired and that a work out (gym, run, other) makes me feel less tired not more.