Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Why not both?
  • cocobee2016
    cocobee2016 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For me,definitely the am cos it keeps me motivated to stick to my plan for the day and not make excuses to get out of exercise or when that feeling of laziness sets in,you know,when u start sayin to yourself "ugh I can't be bothered" or "i feel like pigging out all day on junk food without tracking and start again tomorrow". It also stops me from overeating or bingeing. It's a mental thing. At the moment I do both tho, only because I have the flexibility in hours working from home so it's a brisk walk in the morning I love the fresh air and then late afternoon my workout for the day and more walking with my fitbit.
  • noah_mac
    noah_mac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I used to work out around 9-11pm; i changed to morning workouts (4am) a few weeks ago and while it's hard getting up to begin with I actually feel a lot more rested and energized now ☺ give both a shot and see which works best for you!
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.
  • ktilton70130
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    I find I burn more calories if I work out in the morning...because I have far more energy and am willing to push myself an extra few minutes each day. I would have less to give my workout at the end of the day being tired. I'd probably be burning far less as a result because I'd do the bare minimum I "made" myself do.

I agree with your statement "made myself do", because depending on how my day go I have found myself doing the bare minimum because I am making myself do it. I will however begin doing something in the morning and do a little something at night. Perhaps this may work. Thanks for your feedback.
  • ktilton70130
    Options
    noah_mac wrote: »
    I used to work out around 9-11pm; i changed to morning workouts (4am) a few weeks ago and while it's hard getting up to begin with I actually feel a lot more rested and energized now ☺ give both a shot and see which works best for you!

I will try that. I will give both a shot and see which works better. I may do part of my workout in the am and part in the afternoon. Thank you for your feedback, greatly appreciated.
  • paulajobelle
    paulajobelle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I mix it up, exercise in the evenings during the work week and in the mornings on the weekend. Ultimately it does not matter when you exercise as long as you do it consistently and keep challenging yourself. Sometimes I break it into (3) 15 minute mini sessions just so I can try something new (such as 15 min on a stair climber, 15 minutes on a rowing machine and then 15 minutes on the old faithful elliptical).
  • ktilton70130
    Options
    streem26 wrote: »
    I m hate go to gim so I do my exercise at home. In the morning 5 times per week I run. 2 times per week go to pool and try do that activity which enjoy. Also want to buy some inexpensive treadmill home like this.jonsguide.org/best-treadmill-home/ perhaps it will be elliptical. If it lasts a couple years, it's cheaper than a gym membership and way more convenient for me.

I also workout at home,outside in my neighborhood and at the park. I have began building a home gym. I feel that I have no excuse if I have the equipment at home.I have free weights, kettle bells, jump rope, my stairs and go to the park for the track or run around my neighborhood.I agree it is cheaper and more convenient. I exercise 6 times a week with one rest day being Sunday.Thanks for your feedback I greatly appreciate it.
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My schedule is crazy, I work all day and I have 2 boys who are active on several sports teams. Most times I wait until nighttime... kids have eaten, homework done, and settling in for the night. I go to the gym 9pm most times. In bed and asleep by 11:15. Not sure if I would burn more in the early am, but this is what fits into my lifestyle, so I embrace it.
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I find that if i get up in the morning and go for a run, my whole day at work goes better. I feel better. I've got a sense of accomplishment early on. My thoughts are more orderly. I feel more prepared for whatever the day will bring.

That alone has been enough to drag me out of bed before the sun comes up.
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Neither have an advantage, work out when it suits you.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the difference is negligible, do it when you will actually DO IT. I always thought of myself as an AM exerciser, used to be at the gym by 5am. But with my work, I feel more tired if I've exerted myself first thing and I have excess hunger problems during my work day. When I exercise right after work I notice myself being more productive overall (perhaps exercise makes me realize I do indeed have time to get things done? I dunno), like last night I put away a bunch of laundry and cleaned the kitchen after I exercised. Day before, I didn't exercise and ended up taking a nap from 6-7 making it difficult to sleep!

I won't do it every day, I'm not there yet, but it's a good time for me for where I'm at in life right now.