Options

Replies

• mrprater1
    mrprater1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    eeejer wrote: »
    mrprater1 wrote: »
    Supplements do not replace food. It sounds like you need some professional therapy, seriously. The world is made of poo, you drink water that has been poo'd in. This is what your immune system is for.

Agent Orange is a pesticide. It caused 100s of thousands of people to have birth defects. Leukemia, cerebral palsy, down syndrome, blindness, just to name a few... Pesticides that are being sprayed on vegetables right now have never been tested longer than 3 years. FDA doesn't regulate pesticides. The EPA does... EPA is piss poor in the pesticide department. It took them 50 years to figure out that chloridane was killing people. Just one more reason that I do not trust vegetables... Pesticides have a residual that can last for years. Chloridane is still being found to this day... Termidor a leading product on the market busted in my sprayer a few years back and burnt me... yet they spray your yards with it, they put it on your dog for flees.. active ingredient (fipronil) goes in Front Line... I bet after years of use an exposure people will have nerve problems because that is what Fipronil attacks is the nervous system of insects...

what do you think your meat eats and concentrates far more than veggies contain? There is this thing called organic farming by the way... I buy local organic fresh food, it is not hard. Seriously, if this is your worry then you should cut all meat out of your diet first.

I think processed food is the SAFER choice than local grown food, the more processing the better. (cow processes food into their system) we then process the cow etc.. I don't know the cycle of processing vegetables but I am going to assume the most processed you can get is in a can. The FDA regulates this pretty harshly. They check all the food for diseases and etc... This cuts out on a lot of sickness in America. Millions of people die in across the globe because they don't have people checking their food to make sure its safe for consumption. And just because its organic food doesn't mean it is not exposed to bugs, and I bet you it is... And I bet you they may not use miracle grow and steroids but I can almost 100% guarantee you that they have pest control. Why do I know this? Because I had at least 25 different "Organically Grown Greenhouses/Farms" on my route when I was a Pest Control Technician before I became the State Inspector.
  • mrprater1
    Options
    agbmom556 wrote: »
    I understand your view point. My husband works in cancer research and has strong opinions about certain foods.
    That being said have you tried lentils..?

Seeds right? I'm pretty sure I've never tried it, but I have seen it at the store. Is it like sunflower seeds where I just suck on them or something?
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I do not think you should eat vegetables if you do not want to. If you are satisfied with obtaining your nutrients with vitamins that is fine but what kind of advice are you actually asking for then?

That being said, if your main argument is pesticides, you do understand that when you are eating animals, they ate the plants right? Not to mention the hormones and antibiotics they were most likely given. Do you eat grains? Wheat is generally treated with pesticides as well, so does your aversion include flour? Yes they are "processed" but what does that mean? Is it ok because they may have been treated with additional chemicals or heat? Then how is that different then scrubbing some veggies and roasting them to kill any possible pathogens?
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Supplements do not replace food. It sounds like you need some professional therapy, seriously. The world is made of poo, you drink water that has been poo'd in. This is what your immune system is for.

THIS^^^

Oh my, and only 27 years old. Many many long years ahead of you. Please consider talking to a professional and perhaps explore the organics sections or grow your own. And by the way - if insects, larvae, poo, insecticide, all of those things keep you from eating vegetables; surely you aren't able to eat any meat, dairy, and processed goodies. Haven't explored the growth and process of all of those yet? ......Good luck!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I think you should just go for a diet of soylent green...
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Most of what you describe in agriculture also applies to meet production.

I second some counseling...
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Do you eat bread or pasta rice? Grains probably all have as many pesticides used on them as vegetables do, where do you draw the line?
  • mrprater1
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I do not think you should eat vegetables if you do not want to. If you are satisfied with obtaining your nutrients with vitamins that is fine but what kind of advice are you actually asking for then?

That being said, if your main argument is pesticides, you do understand that when you are eating animals, they ate the plants right? Not to mention the hormones and antibiotics they were most likely given. Do you eat grains? Wheat is generally treated with pesticides as well, so does your aversion include flour? Yes they are "processed" but what does that mean? Is it ok because they may have been treated with additional chemicals or heat? Then how is that different then scrubbing some veggies and roasting them to kill any possible pathogens?

Farmers don't spray their pastures with pesticides. Only spray their crop field..

And no I don't eat flour'd food or and I don't eat many grains... Brown rice is about the only grain I ever ate and its rare that I eat it.

Do I worry about the hormones and antibiotics they give the animals? No because the body breaks them down well before it gets to me... Just like antibiotics the doctor gives us breaks them down within days. Cocaine (dr doesn't give it to us) but it breaks down in just 3 days.The FDA also tests the meat and other foods to make sure it doesn't have these things because it could have adverse affects on people that are allergic. They however do not check for pesticides... Which I would love to see. I would jump for joy if they started doing it.

Processed veggies meaning its tested more I would think, I don't know.. They check the residual/resin on the plant. However the FDA doesn't do it, the EPA does and the only time the EPA goes to check it out is when he's called out there. Say if a bunch of people got sick or their was a complaint.

Processed is safer because yes they use extra chemicals that are proven to be safe with substantial amount of testing that lasted more than 50 years. Keep in mind processed also means cleaned to perfection/heated with steam/used testing chemicals on.. (chemicals used to check for certain diseases) but again, the fda does all of this... They don't check for pesticides... Which worries me... How many of you have had pest control and said "hey is that stuff going to hurt me, my dog, or my family?" your pest tech might of told you no, just let it dry, or something else. But truth be known, nobody knows because its never been tested longer than 3 years... NOBODY knows the long term effects on these residual chemicals
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options

Farmers don't spray their pastures with pesticides. Only spray their crop field..

And no I don't eat flour'd food or and I don't eat many grains... Brown rice is about the only grain I ever ate and its rare that I eat it.

Do I worry about the hormones and antibiotics they give the animals? No because the body breaks them down well before it gets to me... Just like antibiotics the doctor gives us breaks them down within days. Cocaine (dr doesn't give it to us) but it breaks down in just 3 days.The FDA also tests the meat and other foods to make sure it doesn't have these things because it could have adverse affects on people that are allergic. They however do not check for pesticides... Which I would love to see. I would jump for joy if they started doing it.

Processed veggies meaning its tested more I would think, I don't know.. They check the residual/resin on the plant. However the FDA doesn't do it, the EPA does and the only time the EPA goes to check it out is when he's called out there. Say if a bunch of people got sick or their was a complaint.

Processed is safer because yes they use extra chemicals that are proven to be safe with substantial amount of testing that lasted more than 50 years.

definitely don't read this then http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/GuidanceDocumentsRegulatoryInformation/SanitationTransportation/ucm056174.htm
  • mrprater1
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've already read that... Quick hit CTRL+F to do a quick search type in Pesticides... You will see they do not test for pesticides...

Here is what it says about pesticides.
    USE OF CHEMICAL SUBSTANCES TO ELIMINATE DEFECT LEVELS

It is FDA's position that pesticides are not the alternative to preventing food defects. The use of chemical substances to control insects, rodents and other natural contaminants has little, if any impact on natural and unavoidable defects in foods. The primary use of pesticides in the field is to protect food plants from being ravaged by destructive plant pests (leaf feeders, stem borers, etc.).
    A secondary use of pesticides is for cosmetic purposes--to prevent some food products from becoming so severely damaged by pests that it becomes unfit to eat.

And beyond that I can tell you that they do check the aggricultural water (nearby lakes/ponds) for pesticide contamination anything that the plants could be using as food. And that is it... That doesn't include what the old man dragged behind is tractor or did a fly by with in a crop duster. I assure pesticides are on all veggies and pesticides have residuals. Some with residuals so long we don't know when they will stop being effective. How do I know this? 5 years in the pest field 4 years of college degree in entomolgy. 3 years I've been liscensed by the state. I could start my own company if I wanted to. But no, I'm a state inspector... I work for the EPA making sure pest companies, lawn companies etc... aren't destroying our planet with chemicals... Doesn't mean I can shut the farm down, just the business that did the bs... Or I would of shut down MANY MANY MANY farms for being sprayed with cyfluthrin and imidaclorprid.

I would also like to argue that we do not know enough about the pesticides being sprayed... Most pesticides being used now have been on the market less than 10 years. And most have only been tested for 3 years before being released into the market. It's not like a drug... They don't have to go through 20 years to see the long term effects..
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Troll

Yep
  • mrprater1
    Options
    Troll

Yep

I'm not trolling people are just trying to push my buttons... I clearly asked way before hand not to try and push veggies on me... Yet they all have to bring up the veggies. I had one question that is it... Just one... 100 people commented... only 2 answered the question... Who's the real troll?

So back to the real question folks. What foods can I eat besides, Meat, Eggs, Nuts, to maintain a sugar free diet? and at all costs avoid vegetables.
  • mrprater1
    Options
    dw920 wrote: »
    Troll

Yep

I'm not trolling people are just trying to push my buttons... I clearly asked way before hand not to try and push veggies on me... Yet they all have to bring up the veggies. I had one question that is it... Just one... 100 people commented... only 2 answered the question... Who's the real troll?

So back to the real question folks. What foods can I eat besides, Meat, Eggs, Nuts, to maintain a sugar free diet? and at all costs avoid vegetables.

I think the problem here is that you're a 27 year old adult asking other adults to tell you what foods exist in the world besides meat, eggs, and nuts. Surely after 27 years of hating and avoiding vegetables you've encountered other foods that have made up your diet. You'll just need to eliminate added sweeteners and eat more of the things you were already eating, right?

wrong...
  • mrprater1
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Troll

Yep

They didn't answer the question because there IS no answer to the question. If you're not going to eat anything with sugar that pretty much eliminates carbohydrates (as carbohydrates are composed of starch, fibre, and sugar) and rules out grains/pulses legumes pretty much in the entirety. Most dairy contains some sugar too, so according to your parameters that's out too. I suppose you could go with spoonfuls of olive oil...

Seriously, guy, a balanced diet is called that for a reason. Unless you have a doctor-mandated reason (like insulin resistance) to avoid sugar, there is no need to cut carbs from your diet for weight loss, especially if you are an absurdly picky eater already. Living on meat and vitamin supplements is not a recipe for long-term health and longevity.

Finally, your fixation on pesticides etc sounds pretty obsessive and it is obviously interfering with your life as you seem to be unable to eat a large number of foods. I really agree with the people here suggesting that some professional help might be a good idea. No one is trying to troll you, they are trying to show you that your attitude towards food is pretty extreme and might be indicative of a real issue. No one here can diagnose you via the Internet but we can definitely tell you that it sounds like there is something very wrong here and that you might need some help with this. I know your thinking seems perfectly reasonable to you, but please recognize that there are a chorus of people here who have noticed that it's not.

I'm not really sure why I'm bothering to even post this as I can tell it's going to fall completely on deaf ears, but oh my goodness, I couldn't leave it alone as what you are doing to yourself with your incredibly mistaken ideas on nutrition is so bad for you. Please actually consider what all of these people are saying.

I have to stay away from sugar because its trigger for trigeminal neuralgia. Sounds stupid right? What does facial nerves have to do with sugars? I don't know but I have noticed it is a trigger anytime I eat a sweet. No I'm not confusing it with a bad tooth.. That was my first thought too. I went to the dentist and got verification. So next time I went to the ER and the ER told me that's what it is trigeminal neuralgia and to look out for triggers. Again, I don't know why sweets are triggers but they are. I'm too big of a coward to try natural sugars because the pain is unbarable. I was blown up in Iraq and it didn't hurt this bad. When the pain comes on I instantly collapse to the ground in pain. I can't see, I can't talk, I can't move, the only thing I can do is hold my face and cry. When I told the DR that I think sweets is triggering this issue he told me that I should avoid them. Simple as that.
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I find your aversion to vegetables quite comical.

You eat meat -consider that it is quite literally the flesh of a creature that has been killed. Muscle, tendon, guts, sinew and all the gross things that go along with that - diseases, cholesterol, bacteria, PLUS all the stuff you claim to think is gross about vegetables because that is what they ate before you ate them.

Don't get me started on eggs... they are chicken periods, unfertilized secretions that come out of the same place the chicken pees and poops. Yummmmmm *sarcasm*

Sorry if me saying that leaves you with only beans and nuts on the menu :D

- I really have no idea what you would eat without vegetables and factoring out sugars. The only suggestion I have is pasta. Do you eat other dairy items? Cheese or sour cream, yogurt anything like that? Are you into grains at all? Rice or stuff like that. I would be worried about getting enough fiber, whole grains will help with that.

Fruit has sugar yes, but it also has a ton of different minerals vitamins fiber etc, it does not react in the body the same way as refined sugar as a result. I would personally load up on the fruits if I was not into veggies.

There are some protein powders that also include "greens" like Vega.

What kind of soups are you digging - that could help us with suggestions as we'd get an idea on what you do enjoy.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I really don't know what advice we can give you. If you won't eat vegetables or grains then all you're really left with is meat, dairy and a little fruit. That's all the food groups. If pesticides trouble you so much, would you be able to eat vegetables if you grew your own and knew they were totally chemical free?