What was the main thing you did to help you lose the weight?

Options
1235»

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Eating the right number of calories - and the maximum amount of cals I can eat while still losing.
  • mankars
    mankars Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Tracking my calories closely... this app somewhat helps.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Got rid of my fatlogic.
  • StaceyWalks
    StaceyWalks Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »
    42firm03 wrote: »
    In addition to sticking to a calorie deficit and weighing my food?

Finally grasping that it takes time. Allowing it to take time and getting over the fact that it wasn't going to be fast. This finally allowed me to do the first part long enough to get 60lbs off myself.

I have more to lose but not being morbidly obese is awesome and well worth the patience.

This, exactly. I stick to a calorie deficit and weigh all food in addition to working out for a cardio health and a little additional deficit.

In the past I was entirely too impatient. I have(had) a lot of weight to lose (100 pounds) and starting from the beginning was scary. I have been up and down for years because when I didn't see the weight coming off "fast enough" I would become frustrated and give up. I've also finally just kept on trucking, knowing that my diligence would pay off. And 60 pounds later, it sure has. I've got 40 more to go, and I'm well aware it's going to take some more time, so I'll just stick with it!

I realized this has been me for years. Impatient and giving up because it's not fast enough.
    Trying to take it one day at a time right now. With a lot of patience !
  • Betterfocus
    Betterfocus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Exercising (walking at 3.5 mph or more for at least a half hour) in order to be able to have a less restricted calorie intake is the main thing for me. Second would be minimal sugar intake which helps me not crave junk food/sweets.
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A. Setting the mind to the hard work
    That is to say, getting over the mental block. By that I mean being resolute in success and not giving in.

B. Weighing food
    Its so simple, even a cave man can do it... Calories in, calories out. Eating the right omega-3 & omega-6 foods.

C. Staying in ketosis
    For me 60/35/5 was the right balance and fat heavy diet with ghee and other heart healthy fats

Results? I am down a total of 32 pounds and I have about 40 to go to goal weight.
  • AndrewLavish
    AndrewLavish Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Life-long program dieter. No matter how much I exercised, I could never get off of the plateau that I would eventually hit. I found an amazing nutritional system that only helped me reach my goal weight but to help me crush it. And I have maintained for nearly 18 months now!

What's the 1-800 number? And do I get a free shaker cup with my order?

(Sorry, but this post just read like the script of a bad commercial.)

• AndrewLavish
    AndrewLavish Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You're really not sorry. If it were a commercial, I would've advertised my product. My story is real and personal to me. Be kind.
  • CompanionNerd
    CompanionNerd Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Commitment, I used to do really well and then I would slip up and get so discouraged I would quit, now I am just committed to making these lifelong habits so if I mess up I just do better the next day and move on. No stress. I view my exercise as just a part of being an adult, like paying bills or brushing my teeth. Sometimes I even enjoy it. 55+ lbs gone and I just keep on, keeping on.
  • jamesorainbow
    jamesorainbow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keeping a food journal, weighing my food and getting plenty of exercise has allowed me to lose weight and maintain a healthy diet.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Using MFP - kept my calories within the recommendation and logged everything I consumed.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    You're really not sorry. If it were a commercial, I would've advertised my product. My story is real and personal to me. Be kind.

Yeesh...I was kidding around because every radio commercial for a gimmicky weight loss product touts their "amazing nutritional system."
    No offence was intended. Just being goofy.

(That said, 99.99999% of the time someone touts a "system" or product in their very first post, it's bait to get people to PM them for more info.)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    ETA Oops, wrong thread.
  • springs47
    springs47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Food scale. Stopped eating after 5pm. Allowing myself an indulgence meal once a week, so I don't feel deprived. It also really helped to get my family on board with eating healthy!
  • Doit4theOMG
    Doit4theOMG Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Main thing was counting calories.
    And switching junk food for healthier options
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Measure and weigh everything you consume.

Walking on the treadmill faithfully at least 3x per week for 20-40 minutes per time.

Not eating fast food. I didn't eat it for 2 months straight and lost 25 lbs fast. Have had fast food a few times the last two weeks and weight loss has stalled.

I don't eat the calories back that I lose through exercise. I won't lose if I do that.
  • maintenanceready
    maintenanceready Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    logging everything I ate, using a food scale and CICO. I was able to lose 180+ pounds in 20 months.