Options
13»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Options
    lhorton83 wrote: »
    How is everyone tracking these workouts?

I wear a heart rate monitor when working out, which is the most accurate way. You could also search for a similar workout in the database, cardio or something and use that but it won't be as accurate.

Yes, most of them are. I'm pretty much on board for anything Tony Horton puts out, and anything Shaun T puts out (except for his dance-y videos, like Hip Hop Abs, etc.).

I agree, I've never had any desire to try any of the dance type videos from Shaun T. All of his other stuff I love. I tried P90X before but it was when I first started getting into working out and it was a little too much for me. So this is really the first thing from Tony I've done and I'm loving it. (he drove me nuts on P90X lol)

HRM arent very inaccurate for things other than steady state. If anything, I would use the bb models to calculator caloric requirements or use a TDEE calculator.

That is what I have done. And I am currently doing P90X3 and 22 Minute Hard Corps
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I agree, I've never had any desire to try any of the dance type videos from Shaun T. All of his other stuff I love. I tried P90X before but it was when I first started getting into working out and it was a little too much for me. So this is really the first thing from Tony I've done and I'm loving it. (he drove me nuts on P90X lol)

Yeah, Tony Horton's sense of humor needs some work, or shouldn't exist at all (I'm assuming that's what drove you nuts was his corny jokes......although it's great, even my eyes get a workout during P90X from rolling so much at Tony's jokes).
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Tony Horton's sense of humor needs some work, or shouldn't exist at all (I'm assuming that's what drove you nuts was his corny jokes......although it's great, even my eyes get a workout during P90X from rolling so much at Tony's jokes).

Yes, definitely the corny jokes. Good point on the eye workout :D They aren't kidding when they say it's "full body". lol. He can put together a darn good workout though.

• Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Today was my first time doing Special Ops Cardio, ohh those rolling burpees :s:s Not sure if I'll ever be able to do those!! How are they for everyone else?