Biggest Binge

Options

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Is it bad that I read these threads for the descriptions of deliciousness?

I feel emasculated. I thought 1k cals in alcohol and an extra 500 or so in popcorn was a big binge.

Clearly we need to try harder.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    Zipbsky wrote: »
    Not my worst, but the worst recently: I ate an entire large jar of nutella over 3 days in addition to all my normal food. I didn't log those 3 days so I don't know how bad the totals were.

I want this.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Once when I was in college and going through some kind of hormonal imbalance (paired with a terrible day) I ate an entire bag of baking chocolate. Not even the super tasty chocolate, it was not meant for straight consumption. I ended up getting so sick, it triggered the worst migraine of my life, I was in bed for at least 24 hours after that.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    If my memory serves me right, it was around 27K calories. I did a cheat day after restricting for several months, and I reached a milestone so allowed a cheat day. I ate lots of donuts, pizzas, several lbs. of spaghetti and meatballs and sauce, a couple of cakes, some cookies, brownies, potato chips, ice cream... basically I just stayed home cooking spaghetti and cakes and eating all of the foods. I only left home to pick up donuts and pizzas.

Whaaaaaaaaat? I have so many questions.
    1. How much did you gain?
    2. How many poos happened?
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Def had some crazy binges back in undergrad and grad school. Nothing too crazy of late more cheat days. But back in the day, 2 pints of ice cream with a 2 bag of candy, prob more . Or a dozen donuts with 2-3 chocolate peanut butter sandwich. I think once in grad school, I was so stressed and depressed I ate a full chocolate pie
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    If my memory serves me right, it was around 27K calories. I did a cheat day after restricting for several months, and I reached a milestone so allowed a cheat day. I ate lots of donuts, pizzas, several lbs. of spaghetti and meatballs and sauce, a couple of cakes, some cookies, brownies, potato chips, ice cream... basically I just stayed home cooking spaghetti and cakes and eating all of the foods. I only left home to pick up donuts and pizzas.

Whaaaaaaaaat? I have so many questions.
    1. How much did you gain?
    2. How many poos happened?

1. I don't remember exactly, but less than 5 lbs. when all was said and done. I gained a lot of water weight right away, but that was gone in less than a week.
    2. IDK... 3 or 4?

This was back in 2014, so I don't remember all of the details of the effects, But I do remember most of the glorious foods. I have an insatiable appetitite, so restricting food intake for weight loss is incredibly difficult. Also, it happens very slowly for me compared to what MFP calculators expect. So to have a cheat day 2-3 times per year when I hit milestones is very helpful because for that day, I'm not super hungry.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I have binge eating disorder, so I can't begin to remember my biggest binge. They always include candy and always Reese's peanut butter cups. Spicy sweet chili Doritos usually play a part and I can recall eating entire pizzas, as well as entire boxes of skinny cow chocolates (pre-packaged for portion control).
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

This is very impressive. :o
  • krissyrey
    krissyrey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i had an entire cheesy bread with marinara sauce and also a huge piece of fried churches chicken....boy was my stomach stuffed and I had alot of hiccups probably because of the high fat content of the meal..
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    You know, I always thought of binging as the person sneaking into the kitchen in the middle of the night to shove a whole cake, a chicken, a jar of peanut butter and bag of chips in their mouth in like 15 minutes. You guys describe my everyday life (or what was). I just called it snacking. LOL
  • _qO_op_
    _qO_op_ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm really not trying to be a jerk but I'm not sure a lot folks around her understand what a binge really means. When I'm seriously in the depths of depression I can put down 15K+ calories in a day easily. Multiple pizzas, multiple bags of chips & cookies, 100 oz of soda and so on. Until you've taken measures to make it look like all the food your buying is for a group of people and not just you by doing things like ordering three different kinds of soda or requesting four sets of utensils, I'm not sure you can understand how horrifying and serious a problem binge eating can be.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm really not trying to be a jerk but I'm not sure a lot folks around her understand what a binge really means. When I'm seriously in the depths of depression I can put down 15K+ calories in a day easily. Multiple pizzas, multiple bags of chips & cookies, 100 oz of soda and so on. Until you've taken measures to make it look like all the food your buying is for a group of people and not just you by doing things like ordering three different kinds of soda or requesting four sets of utensils, I'm not sure you can understand how horrifying and serious a problem binge eating can be.

Everyone has their own perspective, so while I don't see 3K as a binge, I accept that it can be for some people.

Having said that, I make no efforts to hide it.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options

Since being on this website, I've learned that the word "binge" means something different from person to person. I've struggled with disordered eating, too, and a "binge" to me is what you describe - thousands of additional calories, done in secret, followed by a shame spiral.
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I think it depends. If we're just talking 'binge' then that is subjective. Binge eating disorder is something else http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Binge-eating/Pages/Introduction.aspx

If someone 'binges' it doesn't mean that they suffer from BED. It was my understanding that this thread is not necessarily about BED but the act of binging...which again, is subjective.
  • _qO_op_
    _qO_op_ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Those are all fair points. And I'm willing to accept it means different things to different people. But I feel like we need better words then. Because when I "binge" it is pathological and terrifying. So to hear someone else describe overeating as "binging" as though it were a charming quirk kind of sets my teeth on edge.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options

This is very impressive. :o

I find this to be a possible miscalculation of calories. Sometimes you think you eat alottttt more than you actually do. 27,000 calories is a RIDICULOUS amount of food.....

Not doubting you, but the possibly of it not being 27,000 is pretty high
  • anamibell
    anamibell Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    mgookin1 wrote: »
    Last night I ate 4 smores, half a bag of roasted marshmellows, then later ate hAlf a party size bag ofor crunchy cheetos. I felt really sick afterwards and realized that I can't eat like I used to. Hopefully yesterday will be a reminder to keep me from binge eating again.

;) glad to hear you'll get back on track !
  • anamibell
    Options
    Two litres of Ice Cream, 4 pieces of fried chicken and gravy, french fries, cola, half a dozen chocolate cookies and some candy before suffering the worst gall attack of my life. It keeps me motivated to not try this again under penalty of severe torturous abdominal pain.

(I have to applaud you for that enormous amount of food first!)

And yeah, the experience can be a really effective reminder in the future ;D
  • anamibell
    Options
    Jams009 wrote: »
    6k calories is the most I've ever logged, but I've easily been way over that before. Many times.

It's really difficult to log once the numbers become too high, its like 'screw it, there's no point' :neutral:

Logging really does help though :)
  • anamibell
    Options
    n0000dle wrote: »
    Last Friday, probably my worst for a while. After 6-7 beers I devoured 8/10 slices of a Large Dominos Meteor Pizza with cheese stuffed crust AND an entire starter of cheese-stuffed dough balls, followed up with a few rum and gingers (at least the ginger was low-cal...). Total intake for the day ~7000 calories :(

They all sound really good :smiley: (not at once though)

about the 8/10 (fractions always bother me a little) , is it 80% of a pizza, or 8-10 slices ._.