Name your favorite 200 calorie dinner- HELP!

Replies

• AmandaIsherwood3
    AmandaIsherwood3 Posts: 47 Member
    w1smiafzpjs1.png
    pt4mht8zse49.png

A couple of low cal meals I enjoy xx
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    I would agree with a maintenance calorie day. Not like it's going to derail you.
  • MariaCMcDonald
    MariaCMcDonald Posts: 31 Member
    Steamed salmon with mixed veggies....love it.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Bag of Birdseye Steamable Broccoli and a can of tuna, chicken breast or turkey breast will equal about 200 calories and you get a lot of steamed broccoli...
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    28 grams (1 oz) of penne pasta, 40 grams of broccoli steamed ( or sautéed or whatever) in water, 30 grams extra small shrimp, 20 grams Alfredo sauce. Makes a delicious shrimp alfredo for just around 250 cal
  • SnappyDresser
    SnappyDresser Posts: 549 Member
    A little bigger than small baked potato with ~2-3 oz of protein like chicken, fish on top with some salsa, yes to a few good veggies too if you have on hand. Filling and reasonably tasty & healthy. I usually bake 3 or 4 potatoes at once for days like that during a busy week ahead. Life does get busy.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    I'd go with a frozen meal. Like:

h3nf2bvjygec.png
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    edited April 2016
    I fry a ton of chopped veggies in a bit of soy sauce and rice vinegar (spinach, mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini, onion, broccoli) and eat it with a fish fillet like tilapia, or salmon with dill and some lemon juice. I add 100g cooked rice if I have the calories for it. Sometimes a spoonful of salsa on the fish. Always under 300 cals.

Sometimes I don't add meat, and pour a cup of chickpeas into the veggies while I cook them.
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Chicken and Broccoli. Done!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2016
    I def do not call dinner anything that is only 200 calories. That my friend is called a snack!

So you want easy.. and filling :( .. and low calorie and cheap for 200 calories? The can of tuna or chicken is your best bet on a couple of crackers or low calorie bread. Is that satisfying not really.

I plan my day around dinner not the other way around.

edited to add: ditch some of the wine for more calories or heck, just drink dinner tonight.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    edited April 2016
    Just gonna point out that when I eat a very light dinner like that and drink a couple of glasses of wine, my inhibitions go down and my noticing hunger goes up. Then all the things get eaten, and instead of being a little over my calorie goal, I'm way over.

That said, make sure you get a good chunk of protein, a small dose of fat, and as much volume of veggies as you can. That should help with satiety.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    edited April 2016
    Stir fry:
    - Bean sprouts (this is the base instead of rice or noodles) and whatever veggies you like and a lean protein..
    - Broccoli florets - Mushrooms- Snap peas- Red pepper- Garlic- Spring onions
    - Chicken breast strips (or shrimp or tofu)
    - Reduced sodium soy sauce and club house seasoning

Wraps:
    WW Whole wheat tortilla wrap with refried beans and avocado (80 cal wrap, 90cal 125ml refried beans and some avocado) add salsa and cilantro

Or chicken breast strips on a wrap with romaine and caesar dressing.. can also make fajitas within 200 cal.

• itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    1 oz avocado, 3 oz 0% fage greek yogurt, 5 grams parmesan cheese, 92 grams egg whites.

mix the avocado, half the greek yogurt and the parmesan together and mash till smooth. put the egg whites on a small paper plate and microwave for 142 seconds (well, that's how long it is in my microwave). spread the mixture across the egg circle, fold in half. eat the remaining greek yogurt, then eat the egg with the avocado mixture.

• nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Oh also, today for lunch I mixed a third of a can of Kirkland chicken breast with 2 tbsp salsa, and put it on a whole wheat 120cal tortilla with spinach leaves and diced tomatoes.

That, with some steamed broccoli, would be quite filling for me.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    definitely a stirfry or steamed veggies and lean meat. tuna or boarshead turkey breast-excellent
  • a0akley
    a0akley Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks everyone! Now my problem is deciding which delicious idea to try
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    A tin of tuna and some salad. :)

This^

Low fat protein & fiber. But you will be famished in the a.m.

Can you go for a brisk walk and earn another hundred or so? If not, just give yourself fewer calories tomorrow. Don't sweat a hundred or so extra calories.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    I don't know why people are so hung up on what dinner is supposed to be. There are no rules. If you want to eat 200 calories and save more calories for wine, go for it. Some days I eat a really big lunch and then eat a very tiny dinner. Other days I eat a larger breakfast. It varies.
    The only issue I Might have, as someone else pointed out: if I'm not sufficiently satisfied with the small dinner, drinking wine will get me drunk fast and lower my inhibitions which could lead to drunk snacking later. But that's totally a personal issue.
  • kikuska13
    kikuska13 Posts: 5 Member
    There are packets of tomato/ chicken/ vegetarian soup you can buy which fills one tea cup and it kind of makes me full which is surprising because I need a lot of food to fill me up.
    One packet is 99 calories and all you do is pour hot water into the cup. P.S- tomato soup is the best out of the 3
  • Citycat2015
    Citycat2015 Posts: 86 Member
    Two egg omelette with mushroom, spinach, pico de gallo and feta.