The Diamond Challenge: Round 3 - Wk 2 (DITR)

Options
Happy Monday Diamonds!

Congratulations on a truly awesome week last week! I have been doing this challenge for fifteen weeks now, and I can honestly say that last week stood out as the best week yet. Your energy level is AWESOME, and I know that we will keep that momentum going this week and for the coming weeks.

As a group Diamonds in the Rough achieved the HIGHEST weight loss number that the group has ever seen! CONGRATULATIONS ladies on an unheard of total loss of 55.2 pounds! In fact, the actual loss was over 60 pounds (DITR does not calculate weigh loss over 5 pounds due to the factors that typically cause such an extreme loss). We ROCKED it ladies.

Now let's celebrate our biggest losers on each team.

Congratulations to Sarah (sazvampire) for losing 5 pounds for the Blue Diamonds!
The Pink Diamond leader was Lisa (lisa_lotte) with a loss of 3.5 pounds.
Representing for the Yellow Diamonds was Michelle (michelle_eiz) who lost 4.4 pounds! Great job ladies!

All of our teams did a great job, but one team had a runaway lead! Congratulations Blue Diamonds who lost a tremendous 25.3 pounds. You ladies rocked it! The Pink and Yellow Diamonds are neck and neck with 14.8 pounds and 15.1 pounds respectively.

We celebrate every loss in Diamonds in the Rough, so congratulations to all of the winning losers. Every loss is a success! Great job to all of the following ladies (in alphabetical order). You ROCKED this!

Kathy M 2.5
Kristin A 3.6
Kristin M 1
Krystle 1.8
Laura 0.7
Lauren 2
Logan 2.2
Malissa 2
Maria 3.4
Maureen 2.2
Molly 1
Monja 0.8
Nicki K 0.5
Nicola 1.8
Nikki J 1
Pam 2.8
Y'Teva 2

Both our team and individual winners can claim their diamond ring here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/118GUu1IVHAVXHjgLJ-Ns95Ir30jkj7RmFxT627meXYo/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

And now for the moment you have all been waiting for. How did the Diamonds in the Rough measure up against the DiamondDolls? Unfortunately, this week the DiamondDolls were the victors... they beat us by TWO pounds. You know what this means ladies! This is a CLOSE game and it is truly time to kick it into high gear to kick some DD butt! Let's GO!

Question of the Day: What is the funniest joke you know?

My response: Okay, I'm not exactly a comedian, but here it goes:

John took his blind date to the carnival. "What would you like to do first, Kim?" asked the man. "I want to get weighed," said the girl. They ambled over to the weight guesser. He guessed 120 pounds. She got on the scale; it read 117 and she won a prize. Next the couple went on the ferris wheel. When the ride was over, John again asked Kim what she would like to do. "I want to get weighed," she said. Back to the weight guesser they went. Since they had been there before, he guessed her correct weight, and John lost his dollar.

The couple walked around the carnival and again he asked where to next. "I want to get weighed," she responded. By this time, John figured she was really weird and took her home early, dropping her off with a handshake. Her roommate, Laura, asked her about the blind date, "How'd it go?" Kim responded, "Oh, Waura, it was wousy."
Below is the list of upcoming QOTD's. For a complete list please visit the DITR Toolbox.

5876947302_766a232ac3_b.jpg

Replies

• morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of our big losers! Big Big Congrats to my partner Lisa. So So ready to kick DD's butt next week. :grumble: I knew for sure we had done it after seeing all of our big losses. You know what this means ladies. No more slacking on the weekends, the DD are in it to win it and we can't let them. The 4th is coming up and it is going to be too easy to mess up all your hard work. Plan ahead. (That was more for me than anyone else)

Have to come back to answer the QOTD, nothing comes to mind right now. I was so excited to see the results that I couldn't resist posting. :happy:
  • lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    Congrats to all of our big losers! Big Big Congrats to my partner Lisa. So So ready to kick DD's butt next week. :grumble: I knew for sure we had done it after seeing all of our big losses. You know what this means ladies. No more slacking on the weekends, the DD are in it to win it and we can't let them. The 4th is coming up and it is going to be too easy to mess up all your hard work. Plan ahead. (That was more for me than anyone else)

Have to come back to answer the QOTD, nothing comes to mind right now. I was so excited to see the results that I couldn't resist posting. :happy:

Thank you Partner!!!

Well done to the blue team - what an amazing combined loss! Us pinks have definately got some catching up to do this week!

Next week we WILL beat the DD - we simply have to!! (not that i'm competetive or anything :wink:)

Lisa :flowerforyou:
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    Way to go Diamonds! What a spectacular loss! I am a fairly competitive person but cannot get upset about losing to Chase and The Dolls when we all did so well. Between our two teams we lost a small person this week ladies.

Monday Joke OTD:
    Jeff was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary, and his wife was
    really pissed.

She told him, "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the
    driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds. IT BETTER BE THERE !!"

The next morning he got up early and left for work. When his wife woke
    up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box
    gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway.

Confused, the wife put on her robe, ran out to the driveway, and brought
    the box back in the house.

She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.

Jeff has been missing since Friday.
  • morefitmom
    Options
    Monday QOTD: Ok, this isn't the funniest joke I have ever heard but a funny that I got in my e-mail the other day. Enjoy.

The pastor asked if anyone in the congregation would like to express praise for answered prayers.

Suzie Smith stood and walked to the podium. She said, "I have a praise. Two months ago, my husband, Tom, had a terrible bicycle
    wreck and his *kitten* was completely crushed. The pain was excruciating and the doctors didn't know if they could help him."

You could hear a muffled gasp from the men in the congregation as they imagine the pain that poor Tom must have experienced.

"Tom was unable to hold me or the children," she went on, "and every move caused him terrible pain." We prayed as the doctors performed a delicate operation, and it turned out they were able to piece
    together the crushed remnants of Tom ' s *kitten*, and wrap wire around it to hold it in place."

Again, the men in the congregation cringed and squirmed uncomfortably
    as they imagined the horrible surgery performed on Tom.

"Now," she announced in a quivering voice, "thank the Lord, Tom is out of the hospital and the doctors say that with time, his *kitten*
    should recover completely." All the men sighed with unified relief.

The pastor rose and tentatively asked if anyone else had something to say.

A man stood up and walked slowly to the podium. He said, "I'm Tom Smith." The entire congregation held its breath. "I just want to tell my wife the word is sternum."
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    OK, so in keeping with the theme of this web site, here goes...

A man and his wife were working in their garden one day and the man looks over at his wife and says: "Your butt is getting really big, I mean really big. I bet your butt is bigger than the barbecue."
    With that he proceeded to get a measuring tape and measure the grill and then went over to where his wife was working and measured his wife's bottom.
    "Yes, I was right; your butt is two inches wider than the barbecue!!!"
    The woman chose to ignore her husband.
    Later that night in bed, the husband is feeling a little frisky.
    He makes some advances towards his wife who completely brushes him off. "What's wrong?" he asks. ..............
    She answers: "Do you really think I'm going to fire up this big-*kitten* grill for one little weenie?
  • DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    Sorry Ladies! My Winning Loser List got cut off! Here is the COMPLETE LIST:

Cee 2.6
    Elle 0.2
    Falicia 1.2
    Jamaica 0.8
    Jessica 5
    Kate D 1.2
    Kathy M 2.5
    Kristin A 3.6
    Kristin M 1
    Krystle 1.8
    Laura 0.7
    Lauren 2
    Logan 2.2
    Malissa 2
    Maria 3.4
    Maureen 2.2
    Molly 1
    Monja 0.8
    Nicki K 0.5
    Nicola 1.8
    Nikki J 1
    Pam 2.8
    Y'Teva 2
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all the Diamonds Wonderful job guys 55 altogether wow

Yes Blue Diamonds we did it again Sarah (sazvampire) congratulations whooping 5 pounds nice. Now we have to get ready for our next week to beat DD :angry: we can do this Diamonds

Hmm will try to translate as its a joke from one of our Indian movie
    husband n Wife lives an apt
    one day landlord talks to the Husband saying you're wife is so suspicious about everything
    Then the husband asks why what happened

Your'e wife is so worried that someone will steal all your'e belongings if no one is at the the house. Husband says That's true everyone will be worried but your'e wife is 2 steps a head of everyone she locks the door to go out but sits in front of the door to gaurd the apt :happy:

I don't know if that's funny but when u hear it in our language its funny

Kathy
  • majpal
    majpal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Diamonds in the Rough! We had a great week of weight loss! Hopefully next week we will beat the Diamond Dolls.

I would like to welcome my new partner, Trina, to DITR.

Have a great day! Eat well and exercise. ;)
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    great first week's weigh in ladies!

here's one that made me chuckle this morning!

Will's therapist told him that the way to achieve true inner peace was to remember to always finish what he started. So today, Will has finished 2 bags of potato crisps, a gallon of ice-cream, two buckets of chicken, and a chocolate cake. He feels much better already.
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Great job to everyone this week! Let's kick some serious booty and win this next weigh in!

My sense of humor is more situational comedy and pretty inappropriate...haha. So instead of offending anyone, I'm just going to share a good weight loss joke.

Having lost weight over the past few years, a lady was discarding things from her wardrobe that no longer fit. Her seven-year-old niece was watching as she held up a huge pair of slacks. "Wow," the lady said, "I must have worn these when I was 183."

Her niece looked puzzled, then asked, "How old are you now?"
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    Congratulations all you diamonds on your weight loss, am a little gutted we didn't win against those DDs but this week is another chance to kick their butts!!

0 to 200 in 6 seconds
    Bob was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was
    really angry.

She told him "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the
    driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE !!"

Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway, brought

Bob has been missing since Friday.
  • countryrose7
    countryrose7 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Way to go Diamonds! What a spectacular loss! I am a fairly competitive person but cannot get upset about losing to Chase and The Dolls when we all did so well. Between our two teams we lost a small person this week ladies.

Monday Joke OTD:
    Jeff was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary, and his wife was
    really pissed.

She told him, "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the
    driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds. IT BETTER BE THERE !!"

Confused, the wife put on her robe, ran out to the driveway, and brought

Jeff has been missing since Friday.

Maria--that is funny right there!! :laugh:
  • stepbystep6
    stepbystep6 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone! Here's to another great week!

QOTD: FUNNY

My sisters and I have weight problems and are always sharing diet tips. One day my oldest sister was showing us a low-fat cookbook and pointed out a chicken dish she had tried the night before. Reading the ingredients, I commented, "It looks like it would taste really bland."

"It did," she replied, "until I added cheese and sour cream."
  • journey2size10
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies and thanks for the warm welcomes I have received so far!!
    Congrats on the weight loss, I hope to bring the same losses to the group, plus I want some of those diamonds in my signature! :tongue:

I don't have any favorite or funniest jokes, but this one is funny

A newlywed couple moves into their new house.
    One day the husband comes home from work and his wife says, "Honey, you know, in the upstairs bathroom one of the pipes is leaking, could you fix it?" The husband says, "What do I look like, Mr. Plumber?"
    A few days go by, and he comes home from work and his wife says, "Honey, the car won't start. I think it needs a new battery. Could you change it for me?" He says: "What do I look like, Mr. Goodwrench?"
    Another few days go by, and it's raining pretty hard. The wife finds a leak in the roof. She says, "Honey, there's a leak on the roof! Can you please fix it?" He says, "What do I look like, Bob Vila?"
    The next day the husband comes home, and the roof is fixed. So is the plumbing. So is the car. He asks his wife what happened. "Oh, I had a handyman come in and fix them," she says. "Great! How much is that going to cost me?" he snarls.
    Wife says: "Nothing. He said he'd do it for free if I either baked him a cake or slept with him." "Uh, well, what kind of cake did you make?" asks the husband. "What do I look like," she says, "Betty Crocker?"
  • morefitmom
    Options
    OK, so in keeping with the theme of this web site, here goes...

A man and his wife were working in their garden one day and the man looks over at his wife and says: "Your butt is getting really big, I mean really big. I bet your butt is bigger than the barbecue."
    With that he proceeded to get a measuring tape and measure the grill and then went over to where his wife was working and measured his wife's bottom.
    "Yes, I was right; your butt is two inches wider than the barbecue!!!"
    The woman chose to ignore her husband.
    Later that night in bed, the husband is feeling a little frisky.
    He makes some advances towards his wife who completely brushes him off. "What's wrong?" he asks. ..............
    She answers: "Do you really think I'm going to fire up this big-*kitten* grill for one little weenie?

HA!! , LMBO
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    bump so i don't lose you
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies and thanks for the warm welcomes I have received so far!!
    Congrats on the weight loss, I hope to bring the same losses to the group, plus I want some of those diamonds in my signature! :tongue:

I don't have any favorite or funniest jokes, but this one is funny

A newlywed couple moves into their new house.
    One day the husband comes home from work and his wife says, "Honey, you know, in the upstairs bathroom one of the pipes is leaking, could you fix it?" The husband says, "What do I look like, Mr. Plumber?"
    A few days go by, and he comes home from work and his wife says, "Honey, the car won't start. I think it needs a new battery. Could you change it for me?" He says: "What do I look like, Mr. Goodwrench?"
    Another few days go by, and it's raining pretty hard. The wife finds a leak in the roof. She says, "Honey, there's a leak on the roof! Can you please fix it?" He says, "What do I look like, Bob Vila?"
    The next day the husband comes home, and the roof is fixed. So is the plumbing. So is the car. He asks his wife what happened. "Oh, I had a handyman come in and fix them," she says. "Great! How much is that going to cost me?" he snarls.
    Wife says: "Nothing. He said he'd do it for free if I either baked him a cake or slept with him." "Uh, well, what kind of cake did you make?" asks the husband. "What do I look like," she says, "Betty Crocker?"
    This is so funny LOL
  • GoneWithTheWhinge
    GoneWithTheWhinge Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone!

These jokes are cracking - so funny.
  • reeology
    reeology Posts: 22
    Options
    Happy Monday Diamonds!

Congratulations on a truly awesome week last week! I have been doing this challenge for fifteen weeks now, and I can honestly say that last week stood out as the best week yet. Your energy level is AWESOME, and I know that we will keep that momentum going this week and for the coming weeks.

As a group Diamonds in the Rough achieved the HIGHEST weight loss number that the group has ever seen! CONGRATULATIONS ladies on an unheard of total loss of 55.2 pounds! In fact, the actual loss was over 60 pounds (DITR does not calculate weigh loss over 5 pounds due to the factors that typically cause such an extreme loss). We ROCKED it ladies.

Now let's celebrate our biggest losers on each team.

Congratulations to Sarah (sazvampire) for losing 5 pounds for the Blue Diamonds!
    The Pink Diamond leader was Lisa (lisa_lotte) with a loss of 3.5 pounds.
    Representing for the Yellow Diamonds was Michelle (michelle_eiz) who lost 4.4 pounds! Great job ladies!

All of our teams did a great job, but one team had a runaway lead! Congratulations Blue Diamonds who lost a tremendous 25.3 pounds. You ladies rocked it! The Pink and Yellow Diamonds are neck and neck with 14.8 pounds and 15.1 pounds respectively.

We celebrate every loss in Diamonds in the Rough, so congratulations to all of the winning losers. Every loss is a success! Great job to all of the following ladies (in alphabetical order). You ROCKED this!

Kathy M 2.5
    Kristin A 3.6
    Kristin M 1
    Krystle 1.8
    Laura 0.7
    Lauren 2
    Logan 2.2
    Malissa 2
    Maria 3.4
    Maureen 2.2
    Molly 1
    Monja 0.8
    Nicki K 0.5
    Nicola 1.8
    Nikki J 1
    Pam 2.8
    Y'Teva 2

Both our team and individual winners can claim their diamond ring here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/118GUu1IVHAVXHjgLJ-Ns95Ir30jkj7RmFxT627meXYo/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

And now for the moment you have all been waiting for. How did the Diamonds in the Rough measure up against the DiamondDolls? Unfortunately, this week the DiamondDolls were the victors... they beat us by TWO pounds. You know what this means ladies! This is a CLOSE game and it is truly time to kick it into high gear to kick some DD butt! Let's GO!

My response: Okay, I'm not exactly a comedian, but here it goes:

John took his blind date to the carnival. "What would you like to do first, Kim?" asked the man. "I want to get weighed," said the girl. They ambled over to the weight guesser. He guessed 120 pounds. She got on the scale; it read 117 and she won a prize. Next the couple went on the ferris wheel. When the ride was over, John again asked Kim what she would like to do. "I want to get weighed," she said. Back to the weight guesser they went. Since they had been there before, he guessed her correct weight, and John lost his dollar.

The couple walked around the carnival and again he asked where to next. "I want to get weighed," she responded. By this time, John figured she was really weird and took her home early, dropping her off with a handshake. Her roommate, Laura, asked her about the blind date, "How'd it go?" Kim responded, "Oh, Waura, it was wousy."
    Below is the list of upcoming QOTD's. For a complete list please visit the DITR Toolbox.

5876947302_766a232ac3_b.jpg

Well, um, I wouldn't call this a joke, exactly... but every time I say something is intense I like to add, "Like the circus."

Intense. In tents. Get it.

Hahaha, yeah, I know, I'm not a comedian XD I enjoy it though.
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!! SO happy to be part of this, awesome job to everyone, we only lost to the dolls by two pounts!! great accomplishment! Amazing work sarah, and good job blue diamonds! Hopefully I'll lose a few next weigh-in, didnt lose or gain last week=/ but no worries, failure does not cope with persistence!

Can't think of a joke now, but keep up the great work everyone!! WE CAN DO THIS!