What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I do a 16 hour LeanGains fast until noon daily. Breakfast is usually grassfed beef, chicken, steak or salmon with veggies.
  • pjrisher
    pjrisher Posts: 152
    Options
    I eat a huge breakfast, usually. (And I'm pretty picky, too). I like vanilla yogurt with almonds and a little bit of frozen fruit, bialys with jelly, oatmeal with honey or raisins.. anything along those lines :)
    Unfortunately I don't like eggs, but egg whites are super healthy and can be made a lot of different ways too.
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    2 boiled eggs and 2 mugs of coffee. Keeps me full til lunch - I need protein to feel full, nothing else works! Though I do miss cereal :O)
  • mamasitatata
    Options
    I normally mix it up some. Yougurt, Oatmeal with bananas, turkey sausage, protein shake, boiled eggs, fresh fruit, etc...like pp said you don't have to eat "breakfast food" for breakfast! GL hun!
  • dovenotes
    dovenotes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I work out before breakfast then usually have a smoothie immediately after made of:

1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
    ice
    water
    protein powder
    1 tb psyllium seeds whole husks fiber powder (for bulk)
    1 tb flax seeds powder
    1/4 c strawberries and or blueberries
    1 medium banana

Its plenty to drink and is very filling!
    I used to eat far more than that, and with more calories, but this keeps me going for several hours.
  • bkweibel
    bkweibel Posts: 77
    Options
    I get a lot of recipes from the Hungry Girl Website (hungry-girl.com). I never knew diet foods could taste so good! This morning, I'm going to make her pina coloda oatmeal. Sounds YUMMY!!!
  • limestang
    limestang Posts: 24
    Options
    I eat a nutri grain bar
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • harvick29fan
    harvick29fan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump....Great idea, I never thought of putting my laughing cow on cucumbers!
  • coggins6170
    Options
    when I get bored of the typical "breakfast" foods, I sometimes make a 1/2 wheat pita, shredded cheese and 5 or so slices of turkey pepperoni. warm it in the microwave. YUMMY, almost like a mini pizza with out the sauce. I haven't had one since I have been on MFP the past month (lost 12 lbs so far), so I am not sure of the calories - but I will check it out for quick snacks as well. Another quick tip for the tky pepperoni is to place them in a single layer inside a paper towel and microwave them 10-20 seconds, they get real crispy and are a great addition to a salad - almost like bacon bits.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Well right now im having eggs w/ veggies and salsa .. also a kolache :) I know you said no eggs and sausage lol.. I got bored with cheerios too.. try getting a different one. Fiber one honey clusters is tasty and it fills me up.. I also cut up banana in it with almond milk. Greek yogurt with granola and a piece of fruit. Like some of the others mentioned.. it doesn't necessarily have to be "breakfast foods" eat what you feel like eating at the time.
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Special K has some very tasty bars, my favorite is rasberry cheesecake, but there are many flavors. those are quick and easy and you can have some fruit with that. to get a little extra protein, a slice of cheese or a cheese stick (lowfat if you like it). Regular cheese slice if it fits within your calorie and fat. one kraft american single has about 70 calories and 5 grams of fat. the 2% has 50 calories and 2.5 grams of fat.

There are also delithins or deli flats that come in a variety of brands. they re great for sandwichs but for breakfast you can toast and put 1 tablespoon peanut butter or some type of cream cheese spread or cheese as above.

As others have said, doesn't need to be breakfast food. when I get tired of breakfast food, I have made a turkey sandwich.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I usually grab a bowl of cereal, i have mini wheats, Honey Bunches of Oats With Almonds, Kellogg's Raisin Bran, Heritage Ancient Grains Almond Granola, All Bran is a filler that i will add if the cereal is not filling enough, oatmeal, peanut butter jam sandwich, egg white scrabbled with veggies in it, Pita Break - Breakfast Muesli Pita with peanut butter in it.. i usually have a green tea at breakfast too.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    thank you for the suggestion to hungrygirl.com :)
  • Andreag001
    Andreag001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I eat yogart (Chobani), fresh fruit (strawberries and about 10/20 grapes with low fat cottage cheese), whole wheat toast with little jelly, 2 hard boiled egg whites, decaf coffee or green tea. On the weekend I treat myself to 2 small pancakes with lite maple syrup. I alternate breakfast items during the week ,so I won't get bored.
  • freakaleek1
    freakaleek1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I usually have some coffee with stevia and 1 cup of fruit. I am not a big breakfast person so its been a big step for me to even eat anything in the morning.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating a non breakfast food for breakfast? I'm dong Atkins and instead of eggs sometimes, I will have a grilled chicken salad, or whatever last nights dinner was. Who says oatmeal, bagels or cereal is the only thing you can do for breakfast?
  • glampixxie
    glampixxie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like to have cottage cheese and either an apple or a yogurt. :)
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Personally I am an oatmeal addict, but since you're not a fan, here's some of my other breakfast options that may work for you! English muffins or toast (with peanut butter, sugar-free jam/marmalade, maybe a little bit of margarine or a slice of melted cheese), ham or bacon (high in sodium but they really do fill me up! I just watch my sodium for the rest of the day afterwards), cereal or berries mixed with yogurt and chocolate protein powder, or just leftovers from dinner the night before :)
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    2 boiled eggs and 2 mugs of coffee. Keeps me full til lunch - I need protein to feel full, nothing else works! Though I do miss cereal :O)

Like someone else said, Kashi Go Lean cereal is very good - high fiber and protein; that way you can still have your cereal and get the protein you need! Plus, there's protein in the milk too!