Coffee...I need coffee

Options
juliahyeyon
juliahyeyon Posts: 23 Member
Heavy coffee drinker over here. What makes it worst...I love tons of sugar and cream. 10 days without coffee, I think I'm relapsing over here. :s

Replies

• barbara3213
    barbara3213 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I measure the cream and use Splenda. Then just add it into your daily total. I'm down to one cup a day because the cream was killing my calorie allotment.
  • IriaSparcast
    IriaSparcast Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Stevia/Splenda for sweetener, and unsweetened almond/coconut/soy milk? If not, it won't be *quite* the same, but you can have your sweet&creamy coffee for ~10-20 calories instead of 10x that.
  • Rowood101
    Rowood101 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love coffee too. Luckily only (perhaps?) with 10% cream. I'd love to be able to drink it black but with cream it tastes SO smooth!
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    One I like it black, but try Splenda or truvia, they also have drops you can put in. We use Fairlife milk which is protein heavy, just measure and figure it in your calories.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I add a quarter cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a tablespoon of flavored creamer. 53 calories. Yum!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Try coffee black. If you can't stand it, you love sugar and cream. Try peaches with sugar and cream. CHEAT DAY!
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I have a latte with 2% milk and that's where I put my milk for the day, just dump a whole cup of it (heated, and sometimes foamed!) into some espresso. This and a kashi bar (or piece of toast, or whatever) instead of cereal and milk. It doesn't need much sugar because the milk is kind of sweet, and it's at least marginally nutritious. Have not been able to transition to skim milk, though I do like that in cereal, but you could probably rock the 1%, it just needs some fat to taste good.

I hate splenda, and stevia, bleah. like diet soda though.
  • juliahyeyon
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone!! I don't think I could do it black, I might just try unsweetened almond milk! I have that in the fridge for sure! Peaches and cream sounds delish!
  • RLMsFitnessPal
    RLMsFitnessPal Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm also a heavy coffee drinker. I switch up how I drink it depending on my mood. I use Splenda instead of sugar when I want it sweetened. I just figure the creamer into my calories when I want creamer. I can drink it black, and I count it as a cup of water when I do. I also drink tea heavily. I count it as a cup of water when I drink it unsweet. I use Splenda when I want sweet tea. I don't use milk or cream in my tea. I sometimes flavor my tea with fruit juice or koolaid, and just count it in my calories. It all depends on my mood.
  • juliahyeyon
    Options
    Borrowed coffee and sugar from a coworker. A lot of getting used to for sure. ;)
    edcdaxzlof15.jpg
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Why not just plain 2% milk and splenda? No reason to give up coffee.....
  • juliahyeyon
    Options
    I never like the taste, so I just go without. The creaminess is what I desire the most. I may go ahead and get some splenda and give that a try!
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Black is best. But I am a coffee snob... B)
    I must grind whole bean Kenyan AA.
    Whole bean Costa Rican is my back up.
    Best over the counter coffee IMHO is Peet's - House Blend or Columbia Supreme
  • juliahyeyon
    Options
    I was just speaking with a coworker about Peet's coffee. We have one walking distance away. Thanks Tweaking Time! I heard they can replace milk with almond milk.
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have lactose intolerance, so no cream for me or sugar - for that matter. Just make mine Jet Fuel and I'll be happy. Oh, and nothing but Kona for me, thanks. Folgers and those commercial brands just won't do unless I'm on deployment and there's nothing else available.
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I have a brand of coffee for you to try that may help.
  • Citycat2015
    Citycat2015 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I tried to give up coffee once - lasted 15 angry minutes. Now I use 2% milk and a mixture of Stevia and sugar and limit myself to 2 a day. Compromise.
  • juliahyeyon
    Options
    Ant488 wrote: »
    I have a brand of coffee for you to try that may help.

Great! What brand do you use?

This is a little harder than I thought. I couldn't finish my coffee from this morning. :(