HELP! Not sure if I should be eating in maintenance yet or not

Options
2»

Replies

• LifeNewandImproved
    LifeNewandImproved Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have such similar stats as you (33, 5'6", lost 85-90 lbs, in the upper 140s) and have a similar body 'look'. I personally am still going for fat loss but that's just me. I am having the same struggle and concerns with regards to fat placement. My upper body is like ripped, I can see my ribs on the top half, collar bone is boney AF, and yet I have alllll this fat on my hips/thighs/belly. I think I have about 25 lbs of fat to go myself and so that's where I'm at.

I want to point out that in these pics it's obvious to me you are retaining water. So it's CLEARLY water weight. How do I know? Look at your left calf on the behind pic, and your sock prints from the bottom half of the one where you're facing forward. You don't get printing like that unless you're carrying serious water around. Don't fret the 5 lbs, I promise.
  • chanell84
    chanell84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    AceofIvies wrote: »
    I have such similar stats as you (33, 5'6", lost 85-90 lbs, in the upper 140s) and have a similar body 'look'. I personally am still going for fat loss but that's just me. I am having the same struggle and concerns with regards to fat placement. My upper body is like ripped, I can see my ribs on the top half, collar bone is boney AF, and yet I have alllll this fat on my hips/thighs/belly. I think I have about 25 lbs of fat to go myself and so that's where I'm at.

I want to point out that in these pics it's obvious to me you are retaining water. So it's CLEARLY water weight. How do I know? Look at your left calf on the behind pic, and your sock prints from the bottom half of the one where you're facing forward. You don't get printing like that unless you're carrying serious water around. Don't fret the 5 lbs, I promise.

I hear you! I'm in the same boat! My arms are getting almost muscular, my clavicle bones are protruding, you can see my upper rib cage and my face at times looks sullen but... I have all this weight on my bottom half. I will say that starting to run 2 months ago has helped me to lose almost an inch off of each thigh. I was hoping to get in shorts for the first time in 11 years this summer but I'm not quite there yet. I'm just going to keep working. I mean look how far we've come, we can't quit now! I have lost 3 of those "5" lbs already :-).
  • LifeNewandImproved
    LifeNewandImproved Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am wearing shorts - and f*** whoever dares to comment ;) My ultimate goal is a bikini... my belly area is nowhere close to being able to pull that off though. I hope this year...will take a cruise somewhere warm just to do it :)
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! You look great! I think you have a excess skin issue more than having excess fat. You lost a lot of weight and your skin can only retract so much. You may want to consider surgery to remove the excess skin at some point.
  • catsdogsh
    catsdogsh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    There is fat under that skin unfortunately. Your best bet is lift like a man! Squats with heavy weights etc. if you add muscle you lose fat. If that skin hangs completely flat with no flab underneath then you would need surgery. But you definitely aren't at that point. Muscle gain is what is needed.
  • chanell84
    Options
    AceofIvies wrote: »
    I am wearing shorts - and f*** whoever dares to comment ;) My ultimate goal is a bikini... my belly area is nowhere close to being able to pull that off though. I hope this year...will take a cruise somewhere warm just to do it :)

That's awesome! You rock 'em girl!! I bought Bermudas for the first time this year. I'm not quite at the f*** it stage yet lol
  • chanell84
    Options
    catsdogsh wrote: »
    There is fat under that skin unfortunately. Your best bet is lift like a man! Squats with heavy weights etc. if you add muscle you lose fat. If that skin hangs completely flat with no flab underneath then you would need surgery. But you definitely aren't at that point. Muscle gain is what is needed.

You are absolutely right about the fat under the skin. I do not have any intentions of getting surgery. My plan is to literally work my *kitten* off. I lift heavy twice a week at this point. I do not think my butt and legs are hopeless. My stomach skin hangs but I don't really care about that.
  • sbermud
    sbermud Posts: 58 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I am almost 5ft 6 and at 150 I weigh too much. I don't feel great and I have a lot of fat on me. I am similar to you. If I were you I'd keep losing. I am at 127.8 now ad So far I have lost 52lbs.
    Really it depends on how you feel....