any assisting drugs or herbs i could use to lose weight faster ?

Options
I always keep hearing about stuff like green tea i just neve felt they made any difference am i using it wrong .. What should i have that really works

Replies

• markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Water works the best. Seriously, the only weight loss due to teas, powders, cleanses..... is your waller gets lighter.

What works is weighing food, accurate logging, staying in a calorie deficit. Make sure you hit your protein and fat targets. If you want to loose more and faster, go for a walk, bike, lift weights.... That way your wallet stays fat as you get lighter.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    There are none.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You never felt they make a difference because they don't. Green tea can give you some energy because of the caffeine, so it might make it easier for you to get some exercise in, but then it's the exercise making a difference, not the green tea :)

Most diet pills are either caffeine, or something with a history of bad side effects. Some people need to feel like there is a magic ingredient helping them out, but your best bet is accurate and consistent logging to ensure you are in a calorie deficit. And patience!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is about calories. You get a deficit by eating less or burning more and you will lose weight.
    Losing more than 2 lbs a week is not reccomended for healthy weight loss. If you have less than 50 lbs of weight to lose 1 lb a week is a realistic and good goal.
    Skip pills or teas that promise fast weight loss.
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Pantothenic (sp?) acid Also L-Carnitine (sp?) I avoid them because they make me mean after a couple weeks.
  • sunshinenixon4412
    sunshinenixon4412 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Melon and strawberries both boost the metabolism. Also spices: chilli, cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric, cumin, oregano, thyme, garlic, ginger and rosemary each have amazing contributions to weight lost.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Melon and strawberries both boost the metabolism. Also spices: chilli, cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric, cumin, oregano, thyme, garlic, ginger and rosemary each have amazing contributions to weight lost.

All these things have a negligible effect on metabolism. They won't do much besides make your food tasty. I would definetly advocate for using them cause bland food sucks, but don't expect miracles.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

I've been looking for information on the actual tested amounts that each of these might have on weight loss for ages and keep coming up with bupkus. Do you happen to have that information handy? Everything I've seen in studies shows maybe an extra 20-50 calories burned a day, but most are small study sizes and I can't find replicated results.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options

I've been looking for information on the actual tested amounts that each of these might have on weight loss for ages and keep coming up with bupkus. Do you happen to have that information handy? Everything I've seen in studies shows maybe an extra 20-50 calories burned a day, but most are small study sizes and I can't find replicated results.

Sounds too negligible to even bother with. But if it makes you feel like you're doing something good for yourself, by all means... :)
  • alexandriamccann26
    alexandriamccann26 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you need a boost to losing weight or a quick flush I highly suggest jillian michaels 7 day cleanse water. You lose 5-7 pounds in a week. I've done it several times and it deff works. Take 64 oz distilled or purified water. Steep a dandelion root tea bag in a cup of boiling water for 15 minutes. Let it cool and then add it to the 64oz of water along with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of pure cranberry juice (not cocktail!) Drink all 64 oz throughout the day and do this every day for a week it really works the first time I lost 7 pounds before my wedding and the other couple of times I've lost 6 pounds. You eat while doing this just try and eat healthy. I found the tea bags at GNC
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If you need a boost to losing weight or a quick flush I highly suggest jillian michaels 7 day cleanse water. You lose 5-7 pounds in a week. I've done it several times and it deff works. Take 64 oz distilled or purified water. Steep a dandelion root tea bag in a cup of boiling water for 15 minutes. Let it cool and then add it to the 64oz of water along with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of pure cranberry juice (not cocktail!) Drink all 64 oz throughout the day and do this every day for a week it really works the first time I lost 7 pounds before my wedding and the other couple of times I've lost 6 pounds. You eat while doing this just try and eat healthy. I found the tea bags at GNC

Just for the record, dandelion root tea is a natural diuretic. It's great for a quick fix like an event, but it's water weight lost and not lasting fat loss. I'd hate for anyone to get the wrong idea about it.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Nothing you can get legally and the ones that aren't legal aren't safe which is why they're not legal.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Meth will get the weight off.

HA!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    No. This is just a diuretic. And diuretics can be dangerous.
    Funny, because even Jillian states there are no quick fixes.....

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Meth will get the weight off.

And your teeth, and your looks.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

How much strawberries and melon do you have to eat in one sitting to boost metabolism? Seems like you'd have to eat so much for the boost that it would wipe out your deficit. For the spices I'd think the amount you'd have to use would make the food unappetizing.