How often should you eat?

2»

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    edited April 2016
    The most effective method to weight loss is to keep it simple.

Find the meal timing that keeps you most satiated and go with that.

Over complicating a procedurally simple thing will likely decrease your chances for success.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    ^
    Typical day: one coffee in morning, a light lunch between 2 and 5pm. Then, dinner around 8. Done.
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    I try to keep it super simple. I eat when I am hungry and do not eat when i am not. Since I worked 1845 - 0715 for many many years I have different eating times than most. I am not usually that hungry in the mornings but am very hungry about 1 AM. I just let my body tell me when I need food.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Villae81 wrote: »
    ^
    Typical day: one coffee in morning, a light lunch between 2 and 5pm. Then, dinner around 8. Done.

I'd be dead if I eat like that. I get hungry every 2 to 3 hours I don't worry about food my body tells me when it wants food. I floss and brush every night and brush in the morning. Don't you have anything else to do other than worrying about brushing your teeth all days?

You underestimate your body's survivalbility. I would brush all day if I snacked on cheetos, beef jerky, ice cream (notorious for cavity) etc. throughout the day, but i don't. :)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Like everyone else is saying, do what works for you.
    I find if I eat 500-700 calories through the day then 1300-1000 at night I hardly feel hungry.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    ^

I'd be dead if I eat like that. I get hungry every 2 to 3 hours I don't worry about food my body tells me when it wants food. I floss and brush every night and brush in the morning. Don't you have anything else to do other than worrying about brushing your teeth all days?

You underestimate your body's survivalbility. I would brush all day if I snacked on cheetos, beef jerky, ice cream (notorious for cavity) etc. throughout the day, but i don't. :)

Nah I just don't like feeling hungry all the time if I go 5 hours with no food then that's all I'm gonna be worrying/thinking is food then that 2k Cal limit I have is out the window

Proves the point that everyone is different and that there's no one best way of doing things.