Whats on you menu for today?

Options

Replies

• 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'M HAVING SPAGHETTI SQUASH FOR DINNER, FIRST TIME EVER, AND A SALAD!
    Hey Red...let me know how the spaghetti squash is...I want to try it...but havent'...does it really taste like spaghetti?
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'M HAVING SPAGHETTI SQUASH FOR DINNER, FIRST TIME EVER, AND A SALAD!
    Hey Red...let me know how the spaghetti squash is...I want to try it...but havent'...does it really taste like spaghetti?

I had sphagetti squash last night for the first time. IT WAS DELICOUS.. I put a little parmasean cheese on it and it tasted alot like a pasta.
  • littleleisha
    littleleisha Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - High Fiber Oatmeal
    Snack - Light String Cheese & Frozen coffee
    Lunch - pb&j on pita with added wheat germ
    Snack - 90 cal fiber one peanut butter brownie
    Dinner - BBQ Chicken Pizza (on pita) OR Chicken Enchiladas...depends if I have enough time to make the Enchiladas!
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Nothing, overslept and had to rush
    Lunch: Cajun Chicken Wrap
    Dinner: No idea, going to in-laws
    Snacks: Roysters and Twix biscuit
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Fiber One Cereal, 1% Milk and Coffee
    Morning Snack: Raspberries, Cocoa Almonds, Yogurt
    Lunch: Ham and Pepperjack with Wheat Bread and Avocado
    Afternoon Snack: Natural Popcorn
    Dinner: We are going out to a meeting tonight (at a local restaurant), so I think I'm sticking with side salad and baked potato and maybe a small petite steak.
  • taniux88
    taniux88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    7am Breakfast: 1cup almond milk, 1 small banana, 2 slices of double fiber whole bread. =290 cal
    10am Morning snack: 1 whole cucumber with lemon juice = 34cal
    1pm Lunch: wheat pita,2 slices of turkey ham and 1 tbsp of wholly guacamole=230cal
    3pm Afternoon snack: 1 cup strwaberries =49cal
    5pm Dinner: grill chicken breast skinless, rice expressions natural brown rice and broccoli with tomato bruchetta sauce =335
    dessert= healthy choice premium fudge bar=100cal
    7pm late snack:1 cup almond milk with 1 apple=110cal
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Pre/Post workout - cheesecake & ice cream :)
    f97dbdc4.jpg

a10f0990.jpg
  • Peekadoo
    Peekadoo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like your menu for the day and if you can stick to a life without meat and dairy products, you should do it. You do, however, need protein or else your body will cannibalize itself. Eat some beans. They are the best non-meat and non-dairy source of protein. Since it seems that you are trying to stick to things grown from the earth, beans are your best bet.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Yeah to the beans, and since you're not vegan you could do some cheese? They make fat free and reduced fat kinds.

I had some weird foods for breakfast / lunch today.Need to get to the grocery store!

Breakfast: FF cottage cheese and green tea
    Lunch: Morningstar Farms Veggie burger patty, 1/2 cup cucumber slices, 1/2 a roma tomato, a wasa crispbread, more FF cottage cheese, and a weight watchers string cheese

I am having kimbob and a steamed veggie bun for dinner. YUM. I make the first with half sushi half brown rice, egg strips, pickled radish, spinach, imitation crab, and grated carrot. The second is frozen food, but hopefully it all balances out...
  • soundjunkie
    soundjunkie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- Cream of wheat with vanilla whey protein powder
    Lunch- Banana pancakes with a side of 3 egg whites and a slice of swiss cheese
    Snack- 24 Butter toffee natural almonds
    Snack- 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
    Dinner- Sweet potato and asparagus, carrots, zuccini steamed with olive oil

I know you arent asking for our input- But since you posted your food, be prepared that your gonna get alot of people saying the same thing about your diet.
    I agree- You need protein in your diet. This might work at first for you, but your gonna end up loosing all lean muscle mass. Its just not healthy to eat JUST fruits and vegtables. You need to add eggs, almonds, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, or just plain ole' protein powder. You have basically NO protein or calcium and your body needs it.

Somewhat true, but only to a point. Most if not ALL people eat way too much protein. Meat is overrated and for that matter protein. Meat and fats add a bajillion calories to a meal. Quickest way to weight loss is substantially reducing protein and fats. You still need some however. Your veggie diet looks healthy AND delicious. A whole egg fried in EVOO and added to your mock cauliflower fried rice is ALL the protein you need for that meal. Thanks for the recipe...I'm going to try it! YUM! One egg fried in EVOO and sliced into strips, Cauliflower - finely chopped, sliced celery, sliced green onions, fresh bean sprouts, fried egg a dash of sesame oil and some low sodium soy sauce. I'm there!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Bfast: Coffee, special K, skim milk
    Lunch: Chicken wrap with cheddar cheese, watermelon, 1/2 serving BBQ straws
    Snack: Gala apple, string cheese
    Dinner: NO IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Snack (dessert!): Skinny cow ice cream cone, chocolate milk after my run
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese lovers try adding some fresh dill and shred a piece of cucumber. Much cheaper than Rachael Rays' Cottage Cheese. Very good and refreshing and gives that High Protein Low Fat Cottage Cheese some zing!
  • ljsmamma07
    ljsmamma07 Posts: 30
    Options
    breakfast was all egg whites on whole wheat bread and lettuce. and water
    lunch was whole wheat pasta with stewed tomatos and aspargua
    snack will probably be carrots or an apple
    dinner is still undecided....probably my left over asparagua and whatever i make for the kids
  • nash4343
    nash4343 Posts: 15
    Options
    I know that some of us plan our meals out in advance, so whats on your menu for today?
    Yesterday i had meat for the first time in about two weeks. Well I am some one who retains water very bad from the meat even if i don't put any salt in it. So today i am back on track with no meat to continue my weight loss and have no water retention. Here's my menu for the day....

Breakfast: 2 cups of black coffee with Stevia and 1 cup of watermelon- lots of water
    Snack: 1 whole mango and 1 cup of honeydew melon- lots of water
    Lunch: Large fresh salad all picked from my garden- Lettuce, cucumber, radishes, tomato w/ homemade Asian garlic lime dressing- Lots of water.
    Snack: 1 cup carrot sticks w/ lots of water
    Dinner:Home made ice tea w/ stevia and home made mango salsa stuffed in iceberg lettuce leafs.

I cant wait for dinner. LOL

Whats on you menu for today???

You eat like I do...NICE!
  • freakaleek1
    freakaleek1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I know everyone is saying i need more protein. Here's the thing though, This is just my meals for today. I eat a lot of protein usually. I still eat eggs and beans and brown rice. I also eat cheese, cottage cheese and yogurt. I like some deli meat too.I just don't eat a lot of red meat ,pork, fish and chicken. Meat now a days have so many growth hormones and other crap in them to preserve the meat. I am happy with eating little to no meat. Everyone's bodies are different. Mine just functions better without out a lot of animal meat. Some people i have seen eat more protein than veggies and fruit. what ever works for them, I don't feel offended in anyway. This is all just constructive feed back:)
  • nhgirl30
    nhgirl30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Veggie wraps with hummus
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 1 oz Sun dried tomato and basil Tuna on a white cheddar Rice Cracker with a cheese slice- 150 Calories 13 G protein

Lunch: 110 G PC Blue Menu Grilled Chicken with 2 tbsp Sweet and Spicy Sauce and two strawberries- 184 Calories 24 G Protein

Supper: If i remember to go to the store: 2 Egg White Omlette with 1.5 oz grilled Shrimp with 1 oz Light marble cheese then drizzled with 1 tbsp Sweet and spicy thai. 194 Calories- 24 G Protein.

Snack: PC Blue Menu butter popcorn with margarine added....
  • Mandys_Getting_Fit
    Mandys_Getting_Fit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 5 oz. low sodium v8 juice, SF waffle's sprinkled with cinnamon & topped with 1 TBSP SF syrup. 1 cup mango

Lunch: Salad (red leaf lettuce, grape tomato's, ff feta cheese, 1 TBSP dry roasted sunflower seeds, 4 oz. chicken breast, homemade EVOO/Balsamic vinegar dressing)

Dinner: 1/2 cup cooked whole wheat spaghetti w/a quarter of a cup Classico roasted garlic pasta sauce, topped with 1 cup each onion, broccoli, mushrooms sauteed. 1 cup skim milk

Not sure about my snacks for today, but it's usually something like activia ff yogurt, a handful of dry roasted unsalted peanuts, a part skim mozz stick, or veggies & 1 TBSP dip.
  • erica14304
    erica14304 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 1 Thomas Bagel thin with 2 tablespoons of fat free cream cheese and 1 4oz greek yogurt
    lunch: salad (spinich, cucumber, tomato), fat free dressing, lean cuisine, and 1 cup strawberries
    snack: 20 almonds
    dinner: pork tenderlion 4oz, salad (spinich, cucumber, tomato) fat free dressing
    snack: 1 rice cake with 1 tbsp hummus and 1 cup strawberries with a squirt of fat free redi-whip
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    So far I've had a cup of chocolate soy milk, 2 oz of hummus, 10 whole grain crackers and a nectarine. I've got a V8 in my bag that I'll probably drink an 1/2 hour or soy, maybe have a handful of almonds with it.

Not sure yet about dinner but if I can get the hubby to cook it's going to be blackened catfish with a side of collard greens. If I'm cooking probably some type of beans with rice and a side of collards. (my collard greens are growing like crazy this year!)