Fit for Future Families - June 2011

Options

Replies

• jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    EEEeeeeekkkkk!

We're going to Las Vegas for our 1 year anniversary! I'm SO excited! I've only ever travelled for work (except 1 long weekend I took to NYC).
    We're going for 3 or 4 days only, with the main goal to see Garth Brooks! I am super super super excited and happy! We'll also be taking a tour of the Grand Canyon and going to the M&M store (also, hitting up the grocery store for some gluten free food, yum).

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kt4au
    kt4au Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hope I didn't miss anyone!

Pam – Sorry to hear about your flooded garden. Here we either go weeks with no rain for weeks with rain every day, so I feel your pain. Enjoy your vacation with the fam!

Amanda – I know what you mean with the grandbaby talk...luckily my BIL had another one, so that hushed them for a while. Appetizers are my fav…but they are evil. I think I could snack on them for hours. BTW, great job on the treadmill. I have been trying to do C25K and I never get past week 4.

Peggy – Sorry to hear AF showed...I just had a cycle where I ovulated on day 41

Ashley – Happy BDing

Pixie – Hopefully AF will regulate herself soon

Karen – I know what you mean when trying to schedule your fertility treatment around hubs schedule. I am sure hospitals and insurance companies are always out to get us…at least you got a deal out of it.

Dani – I read “What to Expect Before You Are Expecting” and it was really insightful

Alisa – I hated the HSG…the doc said that my cervix was twisted and he had to use a catheter to get the dye in. Then I felt like I was peeing on myself…definitely don’t want to do it again. Can you please pack me in your suitcase??

Jalara – that was a funny little WW story. I am so jealous of you getting to see Garth. I just told DH the other day that if he ever went on tour again, I was going. We just went to the Grand Canyon in January and it was awesome. Hope you have fun!

Mrs Dec – the 1st day back is always the hardest…so good for you

Carina – So sorry for your troubles…this is a great group of women who are always here to listen

Redheadmommy – Welcome and sometimes a break is just what you need

Suzanne – Welcome and good luck with your transfer

Laura – Welcome and good for you to want to have those babies so close together…that takes a lot of guts

Stephanie – It seems like everyone I know is having a baby…I can’t get away 

AFM – Wednesday my friend and I went to see New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys. It was awesome. The youngest person there was probably 20 yrs old. They really put on a great performance. I have tried to stay within my calories but making it to the gym has not been so good. The gym at out apartment is not real good. I am planning on joining a real gym on Monday. I really need some classes and better equipment. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Jalara - you're going to have a great time!!!!!!!

Katie - my sister saw the show when it was in Toronto and said there was a point when Donny ripped off his shirt and she screamed like a 13 year old girl.....LOL So many of my friends went....
  • kt4au
    kt4au Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh yea! I screamed like a little girl too!
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hugs to you Carine, I really hope things improve for you. We'll still be here when you get back and if you feel like you do want to talk then I'm certain you will find non-judgemental, confidential support here. Sometimes you need to let it out (and sometimes you don't and that's fine too).

Welcome new people.

Jalara, I'm so jealous of your trip (in a nice way of course)

Hope the visit goes well Pam!

Here goes another week then *sigh*
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    2011 SW: 241.8

Week 19: 227.7 lbs (-0.5lbs)
    Week 20: 226.0 lbs (-1.7lbs)
    Week 21: 230.1 lbs (+4.1lbs)
    Week 22: 232.0 lbs (+1.9lbs)
    Week 23: 231.5 lbs (-0.5lbs)
    Week 24: 231.0 lbs (-0.5 lbs)
    Week 25: 233.7 lbs (+2.7 lbs)
    Week 26: 231.9 lbs (-1.8 lbs)

Welcome to mid year all!!! Ouch, I hope pt. 2 of the year is better to me than pt. 1.....I'm not quite 10lbs down so far......I doubt it will be better though. Hopefully I will gain a modest 20-30 between now and this time next year.....
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. :/
  • sdavisneill
    sdavisneill Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

SW: 211 (March 2011)
    Calendar week 19: 193.6
    Calendar week 20: 189.8 (-3.8)
    Calendar week 21: 189.2 (-0.6)
    Calendar week 22: 187.4 (-1.8)
    Calendar week 23: 186.2 (-1.2)
    Calendar week 24: 184.0 (-2.2)
    Calendar week 25: 184.8 (+0.8)
    Calendar week 26: 183.4 (-1.4)

Starting the week on a good high! Treated myself to a spa morning on Saturday and then had a fun sushi dinner with friends for my birthday yesterday. DH & I even went to the gym for over an hour yesterday afternoon so I could really enjoy dessert last night with no guilt. Love that we're keeping each other motivated! The best surprise of the day though was my crazy digital scale flirting with 180. It wasn't consistent enough to record this morning, BUT, usually when I see that much variation on the low end it means I will probably see good results at the next weigh-in. Yay!

In other news...
    Welcome newbies! Glad to see you here! I hope you will find the support you are looking for. These gals are amazing!
    Jalara - AWESOME!!! So excited for you. I love Vegas and Garth Brooks!
    Katie - I guess I didn't realize you were in Georgia too. When you posted about NKOTB, I thought, wasn't that the night they were here? A few of my girlfriends went and had a blast! I wasn't really into them when they were big, I think I was going through my country phase then. ha! :tongue:
    Carina - Still sending good thoughts your way.
    Pam - nice loss! FC for your 2nd half goal. :wink:

Have a great week everyone!
    :flowerforyou: Stephanie
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Stephanie, I know how you feel! DH and I act/react differently when it comes to this subject too. It why I love this thread so much, I can actually talk to people about all my insecurities and worries about the TTC process and can leave him to himself. I hope your husband knows that this is just how you react to the news, it’s not easy to hear about someone else getting what you’ve been working towards for so long even if they deserve it too.

Karen, I’m glad to hear you got everything worked out with the hospital. That’s crazy expensive! I know this doesn’t help you, but wow did you remind me why I should be happy to live in Quebec!

Welcome Laura, Suzanne & redheadmommy! Hopefully none of you will need to be on this thread for long (meaning you’ll be heading over to the pregnancy thread instead).

Pam, Enjoy your vacation! You deserve it!

Carina, I’m so sorry to hear things aren’t ok. We’re all here to support each other. If ever you want to talk, feel free to msg me.

Jalara, Enjoy! I’m not a country music fan, but Garth Brooks one of the only singers I actually like. I’m sure you’ll have a blast, and after all your hard work, you deserve it!

Katie, I know a bunch of people that went to the NKOTB concert, they all loved the blast from the past. Hope you enjoyed yourself as much as they did.

AFM, I’ve been MIA for the past couple days because this was a Quebec long weekend, so I did what any good Quebecer does on Saint-Jean-Baptiste day, I went to the U.S.! So this weekend was a bust health wise, actually it was half and half. Friday DH, my mother and I climbed a mountain! It was just less than 4000 ft high, and there were points that were so steep I thought I was going to give up, but we did it and now DH wants to do it again this weekend. So I got in a bit of exercise, but I cheated with the eating a bit and now I weighed in a pound heavier this morning. So I’m all in it this week, next Monday I will have lost weight I swear it!

Ashley
  • jalara
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Down to 220.6 this week, which is a 1.6 lbs loss for the week! :drinker:

Carina - I hope things get better for you, and all I can say is to listen to your instincts when dealing with heartache and trouble. We're here if you need to talk!

Katie – I’m jealous! I wish they would come to Halifax, I love them! Although I do get a kick out of their abbreviated name NKOTBSB....my husband said the last two letter stand for *suck balls*.... he's SO not a groupie :wink:

Pam - I love your outlook for the next year! I hope you gain that weight too (thanks goodness we know what we're talking about or that would sound HORRIBLE). I wish you nothing but the best!!!

AFM - WW is going pretty well (obviously). Even if this weekend I ate a little too much than I should, it seemed to work for the scale.

Today I'm going to apply for my passport - yay! The last time I ws in the US, all I needed was my birth certificate, so I want to hurry up and get that so we can book everything.
    Also - can you ladies tell me what the team buying websites are for the US? And do you have any tips about Vegas?

TTC - Today is CD27 and I don't feel any different - although with clinical this month I haven't been in the mood to BD as much as we should have.

Have a good day ladies!
  • jalara
    Options
    Ooooogh! I hit MFP double digits for the first time EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!!!

Jalara - thats awesome!! Sooooo exciting!!!! Btw I've never been to Vegas (which is a shame bc I live 6 hours away....) but....I have heard the billagio buffet is AMAZING....probably not the best considering ur most recent awesome progress but that is the one and only reason I have any desire to go to Vegas these days haha

Carina- I'm sorry ur dealing with stuff...we're here if u need to vent, chat or cry to...one of the beauties or boards like this; anonymity on a personal level.

Ashley - at least u have some exercise to justify bad eating! I am impressed w the whole moutlntain climbing! That stuff is no joke! I have had a huge desire lately to go hiking.....hmm...here in the states have a long weekend coming up this weekend....I have too many half completed projects around my house to go anywhere and do anything really fun...

Katie - I was a diehard NSYNC fan so even though I loved NKOTB attending a BSB concert would have been blasphemy.... All I can think is what a complete ego boost....20years later and still having GROWN WOMEN screaming at them like 13 year olds....I know I would have been screaming right there w the best of them :-)

AFM - I started spotting 2days after i had my HSG and still kinda spotting which is SO annoying....I have my follow up w my GYN next week but if it hasn't stopped by thursday I
    Going to try to be seen bc I'll have been spotting for a full week...AF doesn't even last that long.... Also according to FF I O'd on CD 12!! I'm hoping it's right bc that would be AWESOME!!! I haven't ovulated that early in my cycle....since October!! I also got an appointment with a dietitian on the 8th. He's going to go over natural ways to manage the PCOS. I spoke w my friend who is a dietitian and she said even with the PCOS if I stay active I can have 40-60 grams of carbs per meal! As long as the carbs were from veggies and whole wheats.
    Weigh in today: 149lbs...I leave 9 weeks from tomorrow...I plan to hit the gym for 30-60min tonight...but I need to finds HRM so I can properly log my calories....
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    can anyone join this group? i started a round of clomid and we are hoping for a july 9th conception. looking for support and encouragement.
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry, it's been a minute since I logged in here on the computer; I tend to just track from my phone.

Congrats to all those who lost weight the past week! I sure hope to be in that club next Monday!

Jalara - congrats on hitting double digits! We went to Vegas for our HM in December and had a blast. We stayed at the Bellagio and the buffet IS delicious! (They do have long lines though, just fyi.) Oh, what's a team buying website?

Carina - I'm sorry you're having a rough time. Just know that there are people out here thinking about and I hope things change for the better soon!

AFM:
    TTC: I got a negative HPT last Wednesday, so I'm now waiting on AF and then we are cleared to start TTC again! woot, woot!

Thanks to all who encouraged me when I was getting back to working out. I had been working out regularly before my d&c, so I'm good. I have had some great workouts last week and this week, but my eating was the.suck. Hoping, no expecting to see a loss after this week.

Puerto Rico in a week!!!!!!!
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hey all--I've been reading, but not so much posting. Just wanted to check in to let you all know that I'm praying for those of you needing support, and so excited for those of you experiencing victories, whether in weightloss, babymaking, or any other facet of your life. I'm taking care of a sick little boy right now (silver lining--it's the ONLY time he is ever cuddly), and am gearing up for hubby to be gone for a week starting Thursday. Pros: I can fix whatever I want without taking him into consideration, and I can pretty much set most of my own schedule. Cons: The week he is gone falls on the week that I should be ovulating. The one schedule I can't control. Oh, the irony of it all!

Hope the week is treating everyone well...
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Jalara, FC for you that this is your month even if it does mean no drinking in Vegas!
    Oh, and congrats on the double digits!

Alisa, The spotting could easily be because of the HSG and not your actual cycle, especially if it hurt as much as yours did, it might be from that but your Dr. will be able to give you a better answer. As for food, I’ve heard a low GI diet is what is often recommended for both PCOS women and diabetics. I’ve been loosely following the diet (even though I don’t have PCOS or diabetes) but am trying to get back in it, so if you’re looking for new recipes or have some you want to share let me know.

Welcome godblessourhome!

Newmrsdec, Sorry to hear about the BFN, baby dust being sent your way for this month.

Karen, I love how you manage to have a silver lining about everything! Your upbeat attitude in all this is refreshing! FC you ovulate early or late!

AFM, well I’m trying to crack down on my eating, and am not doing so well. Last night I was fine till I got home and binged! I wasn’t even hungry, it’s all mental! I need to work at this one meal at a time, the good news is that I’m still working out regularly so at worse I’m maintaining.

Ashley
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Well the spotting stopped yesterday afternoon. So I think it was a combo of residual from the HSG and the fact that i potentially ovulated last week so obviously stuff is moving around in there! Now just gotta see if AF shows up next week to verify...last time o had a legit luteal phase it was 8 days so we shall see! I was talking to my friend last night about it and I said "well if I did infact ovulate on CD12 then AF should be here next week...didn't I just get off my period?? These 60 day cycles have me spoiled!" haha

Ashley- when I find some good ones i will share for sure! I'd love some if u have some yummy ones!

Karen - sorry ur boy is sick! Hopefully u don't get it and u O early or late so u can have this month!

Newdecber- glad to hear U'll be back in full swing this month! Babydust and sticky vibes for u!

Godbless - welcome! Join right in!

AFM - Hubs emAiled me and said he's down to 156 and has changed his goal to 148-150....I'm currently at 148....I'm NOT ok w that...gotta get my butt back in gear!! I am really watching my foods and water and I'm getting ready to start the 30day shred....I have 9 weeks from today before o leave Hawaii....based on what I ate today MFP says I'll be at 143 in 5 weeks....so double that and I should be at goal by that point....pray for no plateaus!!!
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this group. :blushing: My husband and I would like to get pregnant sometime in the next year. I started at 353, and I'm 331 right now. I'd like to be 230 before I get pregnant. :smile:
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Anybody care to explain some of the initials I've been seeing here?... :ohwell:
  • jalara
    Options
    Anybody care to explain some of the initials I've been seeing here?... :ohwell:

Sure! We haven't done this in awhile. This is going to be BIG!

#
    2WW - Two-week wait until time to take pregnancy test (approximately 14 days after ovulation)

a
    AF - Aunt Flo (menstruation)
    AI - Artificial Insemination
    AMA - Advanced maternal age
    AO - Anovulatory
    AP - Adoption Process
    AR - Assisted Reproduction
    ART - Assisted Reproductive Technology
    AW- Attention Wanted

b
    BBs - Breasts
    BC - Birth Control
    BCP - Birth Control Pills
    BBT - Basal Body Temperature
    BD - Big Deed (baby making sex)
    BF or BF'ing - Breastfeeding
    BFN or BF0 - Big Fat Negative (home pregnancy test result)
    BFP - Big Fat Positive (home pregnancy test result)
    BIL - Brother-in-Law
    BIO - The Nest Baby Community Bio
    BM - Bowel Movement or Breast Milk
    BOTB - Babies On The Brain
    BRU - Babies R Us Store
    BW or B/W - Blood Work

c
    CB - Cycle Buddy
    CBEFM - Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor
    CD - Cycle day
    CDs - Cloth Diapers
    CF - Cervical fluid
    CIO - Cry It Out
    CL - Corpus Luteum
    CM - Cervical Mucus
    CNM - Certified Nurse Midwife
    Colpo - Colposcopy
    CP - Cervical position
    CVS - Chorionic Villae Sampling

d
    D&C - Dilation & Curettage
    DD - Dear/Darling Daughter or Designated Driver
    DC - Dear/Darling Child
    D&E - Dilation & Evacuation
    DH - Dear/Darling Husband
    DI - Donor Insemination
    DPO - Days past ovulation
    DS - Dear/Darling Son

e
    E2 - Estradiol
    EBF- Exclusively Breastfed
    EBM - Expressed Breast Milk
    EDD - Estimated Due Date
    EFF- Exclusively Formula Fed or Eco-Friendly Family (board)
    ENDO - Endometriosis
    EP- Exclusively Pump
    EPT - Early Pregnancy Test
    ER - Emergency Room
    ET - Embryo Transfer
    ETA- Edited to add
    EWCM - Egg White Cervical Mucus

f
    FC- Future Child(ren)
    FET - Frozen Embryo Transfer
    FF or FF'ing - Formula Feeding
    FI - Fiance(e)
    FM - Fertility Monitor
    FWP - F* With Purpose (baby making sex)
    FMU - First morning urine
    FP - Follicular Phase
    FRER - First Response Early Response
    FSH - Follicle Stimulating Hormone
    FTTA - Fertile Thoughts To All
    F/U - Follow-up
    FWIW- For What It’s Worth

g
    GMA - Geriatric Maternal Age
    GP - General Practitioner
    GTKYFB- Get To Know Your Fellow Bumpie

h
    HCG - Human Chorionic Gonadotropin
    H&H - Happy and Healthy
    HOM - High Order Multiples
    HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
    HRT - Hormone Replacement Therapy
    HSC - Hysteroscopy
    HSG - Hysterosalpingogram
    HTH- Hope That Helps

i
    IB - Implantation Bleeding
    IC - Incompetent Cervix
    IBS - Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    ICSI - Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
    IF - Infertility
    IHO- In Honor Of
    IM - Intramuscular
    IMO- In My Opinion
    IMHO- In My Humble Opinion
    IR- Insulin Resistant
    IRL- In Real Life
    ITA- I Totally Agree
    IUI - Intra-uterine Insemination
    IVF - In Vitro Fertilization

k
    KU- Knocked Up

l
    LAP - Laparoscopy
    LGBT - Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender
    LH - Luteinizing Hormone
    LIP - Link in post
    LMP - Last Menstrual Period
    LO - Little one
    LP - Luteal phase
    LPD - Luteal Phase Defect

m
    MC - Miscarriage
    MF - Male Factor Infertility
    MS - Morning Sickness
    MUD- Made Up Drama

n
    NAK - Nursing at the Keyboard
    NBR - Not Baby Related
    NFO - Not Finding Out (gender)
    NFP - Natural Family Planning
    NFT - No Further Text
    NIP - Nursing In Public
    NMS- Not My Style
    NP - Nurse Practitioner
    NTD - Neural Tube Defect
    NWT - New With Tag

o
    O - Ovulation
    OB - Obstetrician
    OB/GYN - Obstetrician/Gynecologist
    OC - Oral Contraceptives
    OHSS - Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome
    OP - Original Poster
    OPK - Ovulation Predictor Kit
    OPT - Ovulation Predictor Test
    OTC - Over-the-counter
    OV - Ovulation
    OWT - Old Wives Tale

p
    P4 - Progesterone
    PA - Physician's Assistant
    PC - Post-Coital (after sex)
    PCO, PCOD - Polycystic Ovary Disease
    PCOS (POS) - Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
    PCP - Primary Care Physician
    PCT - Post-Coital Test
    PG - Pregnancy or Pregnant
    PI - Primary Infertility
    PIAC - Pee In A cup
    PID - Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
    PIH - Pregnancy Induced Hypertension
    PIP - Picture in post
    PIT - Pitocin
    PM- Private Message
    PMS - Premenstrual Syndrome
    PNP- Pack and Play
    PNV - Prenatal vitamin
    POAS - Pee On A Stick
    POMF - Pee on My Fingers
    POTW- Picture Of The Week
    Pough - Pee+Cough
    PP- PostPartum or Previous Poster
    PROM - Premature Rupture of Membranes
    PTL - Preterm labor
    PZ - PregnantZilla (self-centered pregnant woman)

r
    RE - Reproductive Endocrinologist
    RPL - Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    RSA - Recurrent Spontaneous Abortion

s
    S/A - Sperm/semen analysis
    SAHD - Stay At Home Dad
    SAHM - Stay At Home Mom
    SAHW - Stay At Home Wife
    SAIFW - Success After Infertility Welcome
    SHG - Sonohysterogram
    SI - Secondary Infertility
    Sniss - Sneeze+pee
    SO- Significant Other
    S/O - Speaking Of
    SonoHSG - Sonohysterogram
    STD - Short Term Disability
    STTN- Sleeping Through The Night

t
    TCOYF - Taking Charge of Your Fertility (book)
    TI - Timed Intercourse
    TIA - Thanks in Advance
    TL - Tubal Ligation
    TMI - Too Much Information
    TR - Tubal Reversal
    TRH - Thyroid Releasing Hormone
    TSH - Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
    TTA - Trying to Avoid
    TTC - Trying To Conceive

u
    UC - Unassisted Childbirth
    US or u/s - Ultrasound
    UTI - Urinary Tract Infection

v
    V - Vasectomy
    VBAC - Vaginal birth after caesarian
    VR - Vasectomy Reversal

w
    WAHM/D - Work at home mom/dad
    WBC - White Blood Cells
    WDYT- What Do You Think
    WOHM/D - Work outside home mom/dad
    WTEWE - What to Expect When You're Expecting (book)
    WWYD- What Would You Do

x
    XP- Cross Post (Posted on multiple boards)

y
    YGM- You've Got Mail
    YGPM- You've Got a Private Message
    YI - Yeast infection
    YKWIM- You Know What I Mean