Which Fitbit do you recommend?

Options
2»

Replies

• festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    ziggy2006 wrote: »
    Since you mention running, I'll suggest that you at least consider the Surge because of the GPS. It is handy if you don't want to bring your phone on your run.

Though, to be honest, if you are looking at the Surge, be sure to compare it with other GPS watches out there. In particular, I'd mention the Garmin Forerunner 235, VivoActive, and TomTom Spark.

This. It's much easier to press a button on the watch than to carry your phone. I favor the Garmin line myself.
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I hate wearing anything on my wrists and not really interested in hrm so I got a zip. It's cute and very discreet, haven't lost it yet ( had it over 6months ) and does the job.
  • phyllis731
    phyllis731 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have a zip now and am looking to get a Charge HR once I hit my next weight loss goal.
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and love it but just upgraded to the Blaze yesterday and love it! My boyfriend is going to borrow my Charge HR to get more active. :)
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I have the Blaze and love it as well. You can use the GPS on your phone with the Blaze. I have not used it though, so I can't comment on how that works. I do like the display on the Blaze and like how I can see my text messages and phone calls. I teach so I can't answer my phone during the day, it has to stay on silent, but I know when a call comes in or I get a message because of my Blaze. I have a ChargeHR as well and I use that when my Blaze is charging.
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and I love it. I'm tempted to upgrade to the Blaze model but I only got this one a couple of months ago!

Hopefully I'll get it as a wonderful wedding gift from the fiancé ;)
  • senennieves
    senennieves Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i got the Surge from my wife, i had bought it for her for Christmas, the strap developed a crack and she contacted Fitbit and they sent her a new Surge and told her to keep the one with the crack so she gave me the one with the crack which works fine, i went to Home Depot and bought some black color expoxy that works with rubber and fill in the crack so it wont crack any further and it is working fine, but i recommened stay away from the surge due to the strap problem otherwise is awesome
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i have a fitbit one that i've used for almost two years. it's bigger than the zip, although still small, and has a screen, but the only reason i actually prefer it to the zip is because it has an altimeter so keeps track of stairs or stair equivalents. i prefer it to the ones worn on the wrist because it doesn't measure arm movements as steps and i just don't like something on my arm.

btw, i keep it on with a pedometer leash, which has saved it for me several times.

• pianoplaya94
    pianoplaya94 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have the flex and am addicted to it! I NEVER go a day without it. I think the only time I went without it was for 2 days a few months ago because it broke. But they sent me a new one for free and it arrived 2 days later! Although there are several options that include more features than the flex... I think the flex has everything that I need.
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I was using the zip for almost a year now and just got the HR today. Target has it on sale for 129.99 this week and it now comes in pink! I am a little obsessed with pink. I'm excited to have stair tracking and sleep monitoring. Target also has a promo for the Alta.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Anyone like the blaze?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Anyone like the blaze?

I have the blaze and love it. Although I did do a test comparison between it and the Zip; the blaze actually misses steps. Sometimes only 100 or so, but other days closer to 2000. It's pretty interesting since that's not what you'd expect from a wrist based tracker. I had the Surge prior to the Blaze and when I did the same experiment with it the steps were either the same or the Surge had up to 100 more (not a major difference imo). The band on my Surge started breaking around the year mark and that's why I have the Blaze now (replaceable bands). It doesn't have the built in GPS like the Surge does, but that's okay since I only used it a couple times over the course of a year anyway. The Blaze can connect to your phone and use your phone's GPS though (like how apple watch does it's GPS tracking). The color display is nice and it looks a lot nicer than the Surge does.
  • amandatapar
    Options
    Anyone like the blaze?

I have the blaze and love it. Although I did do a test comparison between it and the Zip; the blaze actually misses steps. Sometimes only 100 or so, but other days closer to 2000. It's pretty interesting since that's not what you'd expect from a wrist based tracker. I had the Surge prior to the Blaze and when I did the same experiment with it the steps were either the same or the Surge had up to 100 more (not a major difference imo). The band on my Surge started breaking around the year mark and that's why I have the Blaze now (replaceable bands). It doesn't have the built in GPS like the Surge does, but that's okay since I only used it a couple times over the course of a year anyway. The Blaze can connect to your phone and use your phone's GPS though (like how apple watch does it's GPS tracking). The color display is nice and it looks a lot nicer than the Surge does.

I'd like to get a fitness watch for my birthday in September if not before so I was just wandering. I like how the blaze looks. One of my husbands Co workers has the blaze and loves it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've had the zip for nearly 18mths, haven't had a problem with it. I've got the alta on lay-by now, can't wait. I like that it automatically picks up when you're exercising compared to normal everyday steps, and gives you reminders if you haven't taken enough steps, plus I've always wanted a sleep function. And last but not least, it's pretty :lol:
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    I've had the zip for nearly 18mths, haven't had a problem with it. I've got the alta on lay-by now, can't wait. I like that it automatically picks up when you're exercising compared to normal everyday steps, and gives you reminders if you haven't taken enough steps, plus I've always wanted a sleep function. And last but not least, it's pretty :lol:

Blaze is supposedly going to be getting a firmware update that will add this function to it as well.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Blaze is supposedly going to be getting a firmware update that will add this function to it as well.

The blaze is too big and chunky looking for me, plus it's $300 :worried:
  • shadow2soul
    Options

The blaze is too big and chunky looking for me, plus it's $300 :worried:

Oh wow. It's $200 in the US, but was really mentioning for those considering the blaze.
  • amandatapar
    Options
    I don't care how big it is personally. I really like the way the screen looks. Pretty sure I'm getting the blaze when I get the money.