Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• Will2029
    Will2029 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

My wife told me that I shoud not bother with planning the week and working the plan, because the first oportunity I get, I will eat out and throw away all of my efforts. This actually used to make me feel very unwilling to move foward with my health goals. Turns out that she is right, and it hurts me to have lost her confidence in me, and to have lost my confidence in myself. So I am "getting up again" and eventhough I may fall off the wagon again, as it is expected of me. I will not stop getting up. Even if I drink, and don'tgo to the gym, even if I brake my diet...I will start again and again...until I can achieve what I want. Like I said in the "about me"section, I see that the major deseases happens between the ages of 40 and 50...I am now 42....and nothing has happenend yet. It's bound to happen, and I want to stop it before it does. I wish myself luck, and let's go for it.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Welcome Will. We are always here to help you get back up again.

• FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well, we had a nice weekend but the weather still sucks. I sometimes hate the loopback on Facebook as this morning all my pictures are so sunny and nice, today is raining and cold - AGAIN.

We had a fund raiser on Saturday so I got to get all dressed up which does not happen often and actually had a glass of wine, totally off plan, but oh well I figured it was for a good cause as it costed $9.00. Other than the wine I am still going strong on the cleanse. I did fail on my goal to stay off the scale until Thursday morning and hopped on this morning. I am down about 6 pounds so I will take it!!

Have a great and cheerful day. Hopefully someone is enjoying the sunshine.

@health_guard - thanks for asking, the shoulders are getting better everyday. I am still working out, just modifying some stuff but spend the rest of the day just sitting. It is crazy how EVERYTHING we do involves out shoulders.

@Will2029 - you have the attitude you need to make this work. Don't get yourself down, you can do this!! Goodluck and when you feel yourself falling come back here, these boards are great.

Gillian - do you belong to a gym? They normally have the tools needed to measure your body fat if you don't want to purchase a scale. I also have the Fitbit Aria Scale...I love it...just not what is says :)

@47Jacqueline - how was the ride?
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Everyone! I'm back from North Dakota and as per usual it was foodapolooza so I am definitely bloated and out of sorts. Glad to be back to my regular eating today for sure. Look forward to catching up with all of you soon, I hope you had a great weekend!
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! It's Monday! Officially time to get back on track! I didn't have a terrible weekend, and it was incredibly active. We unloaded one trailer full of rock, 4 trailers full of dirt and two trailer loads of sod. We worked out butt's off all weekend! Over 15000 steps both Friday and Saturday. (Close to 20,000) But-we are done with the house! I am so excited to stay home for a couple of weekends! My inlaws are coming to visit this Wednesday and I have no idea how long they are staying. But-I am back on track today! I lowered my calories again and I am going to do my best with sticking with it. I am GOING to make it to onederland! Have a great Monday everyone! Are y'all with me?
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    Great job Dana. Just think of how many calories you burned while getting something accomplished. I love when that happens.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, lovely ladies!

Karen! 6 lbs!?!? That is awesome!! Yup, definitely take that! Congrats, that cleanse is working!

Dana - nice that you are finally finished the house! All that hard work paid off, and now you can step back and be proud of all that you've accomplished. That was a lot of travel and a lot of sweat equity, but you can relax now! Yay!

Rachel, glad you had a good time on the weekend. HA! Foodapolooza! I think I had that at my own house this weekend. Man, I am glad it's Monday (not really, but you know what I mean - get back to a routine). I'm ready to really get back at it now. It's been two weeks of being away, and being exhausted, and not following my diet and exercise plan like I want to. So it's now No Excuse Monday. I biked to work, brought a healthy lunch and have dinner planned. So I'm off to a good start. Plus, my coworker asked me to go for a walk at lunch! Sun is shining and it's a good day today.

Gill, I don't know how to figure out how fat I am... just have to look in the mirror and estimate! LOL. Today I'm estimating I'm 40% fat! hahah!!! No, but really, I wish I knew what my % was, would be nice to know and then check it again in a month or so. And your numbers are probably right, because you have been working out so much!!

@ChangeIsADecision Welcome back! Nope, we aren't starting a new page for sexy beasts who are killing it... just going to keep posting in our awesome thread. :)

My son moved home this weekend.... wow, what a lot of work! I actually went to the house and cleaned the kitchen for them. If you can imagine 3 dudes living together for the last 9 months and what that fridge would look like??? It took me over an hour to clean it, and it didn't even have food in it! YIKES!!! I think I get the mom of the year award for that! LOL!

Have a great day today - Make Monday Count!!!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
  • jwagner1204
    jwagner1204 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Im from the Philadelphia area and this really seems like a great group for me just jumping back into shedding about 20lbs and getting back to fitness and eating heathy, too. I'm brand new to this app, so I'm not quite sure how it works. Please add me as a friend and direct me in the best ways to get the most out of this app and interacting with the community here. (Also, how do you add friends, when you're in chatting like this??)
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    Have you guys read the thread What's your most recent NSV under Success Stories. It is one of my favorites.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Cari – Hope things are going better for you… Still thinking of you… cannot be easy! Hope you enjoy RC and get back into it strong!
    Karen – Nice job on the cleanse! 6 lbs is awesome!
    Gill – Nice job with the inches lost!! Woot! Woot!

Nicole – Glad your mom is doing better… Hope you had a great weekend with the hubby away!

Jen – Hope you made it through Friday… that sounds like a long day! Glad you have holiday and enjoyed the movie!

Karina – Great job!!

Jacqueline – Way to go on the bike ride!! Motivating!!

Joy – Glad you are rested up and ready for a butt kicking week!!

Missy – Way to go on the steps!!!

Jen – Welcome back! Breaks are always good! Hope you managed that early morning workout!

Will – Welcome! You got this… stick with it and if you fall … you can get right back up… it’s not failing if you fall, it’s working through it!

Rachel – Glad you had a great trip!

Dana – Nice job on the steps!! Yippee! Done with the house and ready to focus on you!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    d864edec2590baed533aa15b8795aafc.jpg
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I hope you do not mind me jumping in. I read a few pages of posts and feel comfortable enough (now) to post as well. I wish I would have found this thread a few weeks ago when I rejoined MFP (I am a veteran that lost 75 pounds). But better late than never.

I just recalculated a new goal (4 more pounds to go) and plan to stay active on MFP long after I reach it because of my wife who has lost 40 pounds (since January 10) and has a lot to go. I want to be super supportive for her!

I love cycling as we have a ton of trails and love working on our 120 acre farm which will give me a total body workout better than any gym.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 i wish it was true but i have only just got to the "normal" weight range and the calculations say im 14% body fat and i just know that isnt right lol :blush:
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    So my weekend went well... I was bad on Saturday but made up for it Sunday... I was really, really good Sunday. Of course I had way more fun on Saturday... Friday was the funeral and all went well. We had a tribute to my uncle at his tree stand. Saturday I was in a triathlon... not like you would think... it was bowling, darts, and bean bags... involved a lot of drinking.... Sunday was a work day. I painted my 2 of my 4 new windows and I worked in the flower beds... My girlfriend bought a new house and the previous owner had a ton of flower beds... She slimmed it down and I gained some new plants! So I enjoyed that. Would have been nice to have nice weather but the weekend sucked and was gloomy and rainy. Looks like today is a nice day since I am in a cubicle though... kind of depressing how that works. Today so far is a great day!! Let's do this!!
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    Weekend with hubby away was great up until I had to work on Sunday. We had inventory and they asked me to help out. The only thing good about that experience is that I got 11400 steps in 8 hours. They feed us donuts which I had 2 of and then Jimmy Johns. That was a little healthier as it had roast beef, lettuce and tomato on it. Then Monday they feed us donuts again. Stop with the freaking donuts. I made tacos for dinner last night. And then went to Timbucktoo with hubby to pick up a bow (apparently you can never have to many bows) so that was a 3 hour round trip. needless to say I didn't make it to the gym. With the tacos and the donuts I was over my calorie intake for the first time in forever. Oh well today starts my killing it portion of the week. I just snuck in 5 pushups and I have 7 more to do. I will get them done before anyone else gets here. Im at work working har incase you were wondering. :/ LOL

@jwagner1204 & @Tweaking_Time I sent you both friend request. Welcome to the group it is the best around.

@ShyCush6 I agree. why is it always nice while you are a work and when the weekend finally gets here the weather sucks. It was cold and raining again in Akron.
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    Just did my last 7 pushups. YEAH one thing done on the killing it plan. :) I guess I will wok now. :# that is what they are paying me for.
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies (and will! Our honorary man!) Sorry I've been MIA for a while! Read through 2 pages of posts, I'll try get to the others later!
    I went back to weight watchers last week, started as a new member with a new leader so hopefully that'll help me get back on track! The class was Monday and I was having a great week....even prelogged some boldness for the weekend because I knew I was going out Saturday and Sunday nights (holiday weekend in Ireland!) but unfortunately I let my hair down way more than planned or expected and was extremely bold with food and alcohol! I had a great time though!!! I got up and punished myself with a fat blast class in the gym at 9.30 this morning so I'm back on the wagon!!!! I've a week to undo the damage anyway because of the holiday there was no class last night so not weighing til nxt Monday!

Hope you are all doing well, I promise I'll be better for checking in with you all this week!!
  • DarthSamson
    DarthSamson Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate you people The Emperor is Not as forgiving as I am

http://img.youtube.com/vi/k7k9_xuJG8c/0.jpg