MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options

Replies

• MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Happy to see some familiar faces and some new faces.
    This week's goals:

1. Drink all my water (at LEAST 8 glasses a day)
    2. Get all my workout's in this week (missed 1 last week - my Saturday workout - I have a bad habit of missing my weekend workouts)
    3. Log EVERYTHING (another bad habit of not writing down everything plus I'm hoping if I force myself to write down everything maybe I won't do the little bits of extra snacking I find myself doing)
    4. This is a little bonus, I'd like to lose 2 pounds this week, I figure if I can make the other 3 this one would just be gravy.

Let's have a GREAT week everyone. We CAN do this!!
  • Rheagansmom
    Rheagansmom Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ok so this is my first week doing this but here goes

1) I will get in a minimum of 30 min a day of exercise for 6 out of 7 days
    2) One of these days I will add a walk/jog to the routine of 1 min jog/2 min walk
    3) I will cut out the soda for 5 of the seven day

Good luck everyone!!.
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW PEOPLE & WELCOME BACK TO ALL THE OLD ONES!! (now that just doesn't sound right!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Sorry for no personalS tonight, I was called out to a Family Emergency at 3:30 this morning, and been taking care of kids all day. Everything is fine, my daughter had an allergic reaction to some meds the ER put her on, just hours before. :-( She has 3 kids and the baby is just 2 month old.

most of the day was good, until the end of the day when I just needed some healthy comfort food. Will have to log the hog!!:sad:

TOMORROW WILL BE A GREAT DAY!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
  • Perky_bird
    Perky_bird Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, My Fitness Pal pals

I am a newbie to this. I am looking forward to being accountable for my food intake. The exercise thing I am strong with. I normally run but am injured at the moment which is driving me crazy. But I have a totally unhealthy attitude to food. I like to control it and feel really good when I don't eat, but totally out of control when I do. That often causes a real binge-starvation cycle. So although I don't look and act like an overweight person I need to get on top of this cycle of destruction.

My mini goals for the week are:

to get below 65kg (a 1kg loss)
    to log in all my food
    to drink more water and / or herbal tea
    to exercise enough to stay below my calories

Outside of MFP I am hoping to stay in control of my moods which is another area of concern.
  • sl1mmy
    sl1mmy Posts: 185
    Options

I was called out to a Family Emergency at 3:30 this morning, and been taking care of kids all day. Everything is fine, my daughter had an allergic reaction to some meds the ER put her on, just hours before. :-( She has 3 kids and the baby is just 2 month old.

most of the day was good, until the end of the day when I just needed some healthy comfort food. Will have to log the hog!!:sad:

Hope your daughter is fine. Don't worry about comfort food calories. I'm sure you burned a lot worrying and taking care of kids.

Take care!
  • casseh
    casseh Posts: 58
    Options
    So day one down... early wakeup, oats then an up and go for morning tea (was starving by this stage, not usually much of a morning eater). No bread all day :) Pasta for dinner though so there goes that one.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    hi, is there room for little one, trying to back back on this great big horse?
    if so my goals for this week are 10000 steps a day except friday as i am working for 8 hours then driving for three to visit family which won't leave much time left for walking but i'll do as much as i can and will wiggle about in the car to the radio whilst stuck in traffic. thats all i'm setting myself as if i set anything else i might fail and beat myself up and decide its not worth bothering with (thats how i fell off the horse in the first place
  • Whatnow50
    Whatnow50 Posts: 93
    Options
    Hi all... can't reply to each but enjoy reading posts and send best wishes to you all for whatever your day brings.

I'm going to weigh on Thursday am as I started logging food and exercise last Thursday.... can't wait cuz I feel like it's working!

Forcing myself to wait tho... something to look forward to and keep working towards.

Off to gym! :bigsmile:
  • dawnflying
    dawnflying Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Dee,
    Had a great week last week on the exercise front but eating way over my calorie plan - post holiday blues and gained another ilb! but it is a new week and I intend to reach my two goals:
    1. Stick to my calorie limit and
    2. Do four exercise sessions.

Sounds like you did really well last week and hope the appointments go well.

Take care,
    Dawn
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    mssdee: Oma comes to the rescue anytime day or night! That's what we're here for! Glad everything turned out ok. Big hugs for baby!
  • sl1mmy
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • sl1mmy
    Options
    reporting for today

Great day

1. Drink 4 glasses of water a day.: not done yet, 2 to go before midnight
    2. Stay under limit of my food everyday.: +
    3. finish organising dining room.: 1 hour done
    4. resume workout or see a cardiologist.: resumed rowing 15 minutes slow pace
    5. eat at least 1 vegetable twice a day .: +++ real success for this one. I made myself huge tofu vege for diner and had carrots at lunch

see you tomorrow !
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi all hope everyone's doing good today!

I did really good with water today and I got my morbjb workout in (which was tough cuz I was REALLY tired). And goal #3, I was very dilligent in writing down everything I ate... I'm under for the day but man on man!!! I snacked ... A LOT!! A mini peanut butter up here. A handful of trial mix there. Then while we were making dinner my husband pulled out potato chips and onion dip. I wasn't going to do it but before I knew it I was snacking. Then while I was cleaning up from dinner I grabbed some chocolate chips from the pantry. After I finished them I thought what in the heck am I doing!!! <sigh>. Tomorrow is a new day to try again!
  • kremsergirl
    Options
    I want to give this a shot. My weekly goal will be to burn at least 10 more calories at the gym than I did the previous day.
    I also want to try a zumba class at my gym on Sunday. I wanted to go yesterday but I had excuses not to go.
    Goal #3 will be to drink and record more water intake.
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Report Day 1

Goal 1: remember to take my vitamins daily(sounds easy but not remembering to take my pills is how I ended up with 3 kids!)
    I did it!

Goal 2: clean out/organize 1 area every day(thanks mssdee)
    Reorganized dresser drawers. Where did all that stuff come from???

Goal 3: Wear pedometer daily and increase every day at least a few steps! I'll be posting by step instead of by mile this week!
    Yesterday's steps- 3626(lazy) Today's steps- 6961!

Goal 4: I will park in the farthest spot I can find at every parking lot!
    Didn't go to any parking lots today. Parking away from work isn't an option since my truck is constantly being loaded and unloaded!
  • Believe4
    Believe4 Posts: 22
    Options
    Day 1 and 2 accomplished
    I logged in both days and exercised both days.
  • Whatnow50
    Whatnow50 Posts: 93
    Options
    goals for today:
    gym - yes
    apple - yes
    stay below calories for day - yes
    drink water! - yes
    log food - yes

adding this each day:
    vitamins - yes
    7-8 hrs sleep - yes

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Keep plugging everyone!!

WELCOME to all the new people :flowerforyou:

I am sooooo sorry. I have been on this rescue mission for several days now. Can't really talk about it, but any praying people out there if you could say a prayer, I would appreciate it.

Also, my brother is having Open Heart Surgery today......................... but that's another family story.

It is not going to be a good week, I have not been home much and will have to leav e again in 3 hours. Gonna try and take a nap now.

Keep going............. I don't even have time to do my food diary. :-(
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Okay... this is great guys! My week starts on monday because I like to have sunday not be too strict...

All my water has been drank, and I have a morning workout planned for friday... I'm very excited about it. Biking everywhere on canada day. :)
  • sl1mmy
    Options
    Take care of you and yours Miss Dee!

I wish the best of luck to your brother.