Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• rsenor
    rsenor Posts: 57 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hey guys! What a positive and happy group. This is awesome. I would LOVE to be part of this group if anyone is willing to add me. Morning checkins are awesome. My weekend was ok...I blew it on Friday with mexican food; pretty sure between chips, margarita and a cheese enchilada I ate umpteen jillion calories, but I tried to make up for it a little bit with 2 days of caloric deficit (like 500 cals) and 2 days of T-25.

I am excited to have my Fitbit HR arrive today! I have been wanting to determine my calorie burn doing T-25. Which I love but urgh, mah joints!

I could really use some help and motivation with relying on alcohol though. Not sure if anyone else has this issue but it often BLOWS my calories and has become a nightly habit for me...when the drums start beating....man, it is crazy. I don't drink a crazy amount but every night its like 2-3 glasses of wine. So I have promised myself I will not be drinking until I go to the beach on the 13, which may not seem like much for some people but for me feels like a lifetime with my daily monkey. Thanks for your support!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, so i'm back!
    Back to work, back to logging, back to trying to get healthy and fit.
    I confess I didn't manage RC last night, it was peeing it down and I really wasn't in the right frame of mind, I was feeling a little stressed about coming back to the office today (no idea why though to be honest) so I decided to give myself this week to get back into the work routine, and logging my food, and I'll start back next Monday when i've had a chance to get my head around it all and settle back into things.
    Welcome to all the newbies, i've only 'been away' a month and there are so many new people. Good luck to you all, feel free to add me if you'd like.
    Here's to a good week for everyone. :smile:
  • okungbowa
    okungbowa Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    HI my name is Michel, love to be a part of this group. Am new to MFP and would like to join this group. I have 80lbs to loose
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I hope everyone is having a great day. I think I sent a friend request to all the newbies but if I missed anyone please feel free to send me one. I have one more day on the cleanse after today and then I am heading straight to a glazed donut, lol.

Smile on all...

@Tweaking_Time - welcome, hopefully your wife will jump in as well.

Shy - great job on the productive weekend. I can not wait to hit the gardens. I have spent the last few days looking for a new piece of "garden art" I guess. I have an area that I can not get anything to grow, bad dirt and no sun. I thought I would but a statue of something there but can not find anything that is not cheap looking. Would love to get something with two little boys.

@jwagner1204 - welcome, welcome

Nicole - great job not he pushups!! KILL IT

@tazzy2911 - good luck with WW. I have done it in the past and going to the meetings did give you accountability for sure. My sister in law just lost over 50 pounds on it.

@rsenor - I had to kill most alcohol from my diet when my migraines continued to get worse. I found going cold turkey for a while was the best for me. I know allow myself to drink on Fri/Sat - one or two only and when we go out to dinner. And when I drink I make sure it is something I really want. A favorite beer or something fun. Lately, I have been going through the natural section of our grocery store to find new things to mix with my Patron. Has anyone tried WTR MLN water or last week I found this wonderful lime, ginger, lemon agave drink. It makes it sort of fun. As for the wine. I know purchase the little 4 pack, that way I don't have the excuse of the bottle is about to go bad (works for me)

Cari - Welcome back, you were missed. Hope everything is settling down and you are finding some peace.
  • DarthSamson
    DarthSamson Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am pretty excited broke the 300 pound barrier buying a sea kayak saturday as a reward
  • MFPJVAL
    MFPJVAL Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I started a new 15 day challenge this week, so hopefully I will see some results. I tend to do very well during the week but once the weekend comes around I break... Do any of you have this same issue? What do you do to help? I lose 2lbs. during the week to gain 3 on the weekend.. lol
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Welcome newcomers, keep posting!

Joy @bluepoppies777 Your son owes you big time. After moving into my significant other's bachelor pad and girl cleaning for the first time I made him take me out to dinner after! It's funny how gross they can be and how they don't even notice!

@danan01 Congrats on the house being done! Way to rock those steps!

@jkhoffe Screw the scale, you'll be back to normal in no time

@FitEqualsSmile Yay for one more day! I hope you enjoy every bite of that doughnut

@CariTJR Welcome back, we missed you!!! I think that's a great plan to ease back into things.

@tazzy2911 How's the new leader at Weight Watchers? Hope it'll give you the jump start you're looking for

@ngolden3320 Keep cranking out those push ups like a rockstar! Doughnuts are one of my downfalls too. You did a great job only going over cals 1 day though

@ShyCush6 Glad to hear about your awesome weekend, I love that lawn games triathalon idea!

I am still completely bloated from this weekend and feeling really gross and discouraged. I'm hoping that kickboxing tonight will literally kick my *kitten* back into gear. I'm sick of feeling bloated and lethargic. It's amazing how just a few days off of regular food can change how I physiologically feel so much,
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I totally hear you Rachel on when you go off plan how you just don't feel good anymore. I am sure I will feel that way tomorrow after my donut, LOL. Goodluck and rock the kick boxing. That is something I don't think I could keep up with.

@MFPJVAL - the weekends used to be more of a struggle when I just started my journey. Everything is pretty ingrained now so I say just keep going. I know planning was key to me as is weighing and logging everything before I ate it. It helped me change my mind a number of times.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    rsenor wrote: »
    Hey guys! What a positive and happy group. This is awesome. I would LOVE to be part of this group if anyone is willing to add me. Morning checkins are awesome. My weekend was ok...I blew it on Friday with mexican food; pretty sure between chips, margarita and a cheese enchilada I ate umpteen jillion calories, but I tried to make up for it a little bit with 2 days of caloric deficit (like 500 cals) and 2 days of T-25.

I am excited to have my Fitbit HR arrive today! I have been wanting to determine my calorie burn doing T-25. Which I love but urgh, mah joints!

I could really use some help and motivation with relying on alcohol though. Not sure if anyone else has this issue but it often BLOWS my calories and has become a nightly habit for me...when the drums start beating....man, it is crazy. I don't drink a crazy amount but every night its like 2-3 glasses of wine. So I have promised myself I will not be drinking until I go to the beach on the 13, which may not seem like much for some people but for me feels like a lifetime with my daily monkey. Thanks for your support!

Hey @rsenor - we often talk about how to handle alcohol with trying to lose weight or stay on track. It is so hard!! I'm struggling with that as well. My husband makes beer so to have at home "on tap" all the time is tough! More so on Friday and Saturday. I've determined that if I workout 5 days a week and stay within my calories on those day as well then having a few beers on Friday and Saturday is OK. Problem is being - I've completely lost focus on my plan! But this thread always motivates me to get back on track. I was even supposed to be "Killing It" this week but my dog has been sick for a few days (lots of clean up) but I think he's better now....so back to morning workouts and KILL IT!! LET'S DO THIS!!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies! Please post often!!
    Joy – Love it! Hope your Monday was awesome! No excuse! Definitely mom of the year! Ugh! 3 dudes and a dirty kitchen! =)
    Jwagner – Welcome… if your name is Jen, we might have to limit them in this group… How many Jens are there now! JK! Hope our group can help you out!!
    Jen – You can do it Jen! 2 lbs is going Bye! Bye!! You got this! Glad you aren’t fretting! The scale isn’t a\lways copperating! And I am with ya, on the alchol!
    Nicole – Nice job on the steps Sunday!! Donuts are evil… How do you say NO!!! =) Nice job on the pushups too!!
    Sinead – Glad you had a rockstar weekend and that you are back killing it again!!

Rsenor – I try to only drink on the weekends… Alcohol is a huge bust for calories… Or I have read, trying Vodka with Crystal Light is a great drink as well… Not always easy to bring along, but what do you do! Love the Fitbit! What great motivation! I just upped my goal to 15k a day… used to be 10k was hard to reach! Love it!

Cari – Welcome back to the crazy group! =) Glad you are back to it and don’t beat yourself up for missing RC… but I can’t wait to hear how you rock it when you do go back! I know you have it in you!

Karen – Way to go with the cleanse! You are doing so good… motivating! We all could do it if we tried!! I spent the night mowing and pulling more weeds… How do the weeds grow so damn much!! Wish my flowers grew at that pace!! Hope you can get out there soon!

Darth – way to go with the 300!! Kayaking is my favorite!! I could do it everyday!!!

MFPJVAL – Me too!! I do so well every week and then I break a mold on the weekend and gain it all back and then some sometimes! I am not 20 anymore and can shed it easily… I really need to watch my weekends!

Rachel – I hope kickboxing lifted your spirits!!

Jen(Change) - I hope the puppy is feeling better…. =( Let’s do this!! Kick *kitten*!!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    All this talk about donuts is making hungry for one! LOL!

@rsenor Do we talk about booze in this group? YUP!! LOL! I did manage to do 31 days with no alcohol (in a row!) haha! in January. That was tough for sure. I've tried to limit my intake too, but of course there are times when everything goes out the window! I actually try not to drink on work nights, similar idea to what Jen said - do five days of behaving, and then you can enjoy on the weekends. It seems to be working, but then again, summer is pretty much here where I live, so we are well into bbq/socializing season! Let's just say it will be a struggle for sure!

And yes, @MFPJVAL my weekends are a struggle all the time, even though I have been on MFP since October. It takes major effort to behave! So you are not alone, that's for sure!

Cari, glad you are back! Let's set some goals (weight loss and other) for this month and work really hard to achieve them. I want to bike to work more this month, and I will have to think of other things I want to do!

• ShyCush6
    Options
    So I did pretty good yesterday! My eating was right on track and I wanted a snack when the hubby came out with ice cream and apple crisp, but I resisted the urge... Proud of myself! I mowed the lawn and pulled some more weeds last night! I averaged 18k steps as well, so I had a good day!!! In a step challenge today so I need to up my ante... 7k and it's only lunch... I am doing alright! Finally weighed this morning as I haven't done that since last week... up a little after the weekend as I suspected but I'm doing ok.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Love a good donut Joy! I wish I was allergic to them or something though! =)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Finished the FiveBoroBikeTour for the second year, this time with my folding bike because it has fenders. It was cold and rainy, and this week I am in bed with a bad cold. lol But it was great!
    j2gqwxzyz0a0.jpg
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have a long road ahead of me and need all the support I can get. There are times I may stay quiet and those are the times I probably need to be checked to see if I'm still hanging on. Those quiet times are the times something may be going on and I need a Blizzard from Dairy Queen so def feel free to drop a hello, how's your diary today? to snap me out of it.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    how funny is it that i have just come on here to admit my sins and everyone is posting about donuts. Well i have just had 2 jam donuts :blush: and i have been out all day with a very good friend having lunch for her birthday so i have gone over on my calories and not got in as many steps as i would like, but it has been a great day :smiley: tomorrow is a 2 workout day so i will get burning those extra calories :)

welcome to the newbies,
    @CariTJR its great to have you back.
    @ShyCush6 you are rocking them steps this week, keep it up :smiley:
    @47Jacqueline well done on the bike ride, get better soon :smile:
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I said I'd row in on the alcohol conversation...like the others said I try stay off it during the week and then enjoy my weekends! Vodka and Diet Coke is my go to for lowest calories. Or vodka water and a dash of black currant cordial. Cider, wine or sugary alcopops were my go to drink (and what I still turn to when I'm being bold!!!)