Easily one of the worst days of my life

Options

Replies

• bugmagnt
    bugmagnt Posts: 150
    Options
    Glad to hear you are safe and sound now... you obviously have a very caring and supportive amily and lots of freinds here! My thoughts are with you. Stay courageous and strong. You are your girls are worth it!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    people like him make me mad :mad:

gather all your strengh and do it !!!! be strong .. you can get though anything !!!!

my thoughs are with you :flowerforyou: glad your somewhere safe,
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    go to the police station get a temporary restraining order and then the next day court is open go and place an injunction for custody.
    if i had done this I would have saved $$$$ in the divorce and custody crap that took forever
  • rmarlow
    rmarlow Posts: 64
    Options
    I woke up and was immediately verbally attacked by my husband. He called me every filthy name in the book, all because I couldn't get my daughter to get up for school the first time I called her. When I tried to stand up for myself, he threw a glass of water in my face and told me to "cool off". How demeaning! Sounds like something you'd do to a dog:frown: He also threatened to punch me in the face, I thought he was going to swing on me. I have always said that him hitting me is a deal breaker. I am leaving for good. I would rather be alone than be with him for another day.:cry:

All I can say is you go girl. Leave him. I would say that him throwing a glass of water in your face is bad enough. Under some laws, that is assault. You're better off without stuff like that. Besides, what I see in the picture, you could have any man you want.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    go to the police station get a temporary restraining order and then the next day court is open go and place an injunction for custody.
    if i had done this I would have saved $$$$ in the divorce and custody crap that took forever

DO IT DO IT DO IT! You don't want to wait until he decides to come & find you! Listen to those that have been there! Stay away & protect yourself & your children!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Stay strong!!! Don't look back and stay away from him:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    GTO this post scared me when I read it and I will tell you why- my older sister went through 15 years of abuse with her ex-husband. He was always verbally abusive at first and then came smacking and then the last straw- she had just had surgery to remove a grapefruit sized ovarian cyst and had only been out of the hospital about four weeks when he got mad because she came home a few minutes late from work and beat her in her stomach until she couldn't stand. She finally left him. Her reason for staying most of those years was her daughter but then in the later years he had her self esteem so low she thought all she could get was him. She has been away from him for 6-7 years now and has a wonderful fiance and 2 new little ones. The best part is he loved her through the problems and they are perfect for each other.

Please don't go back. You were not meant to be abused and there is someone out there who will love you and your kids and not treat you like a dog but like the wonderful woman you are. :heart:
    Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options

GTO, take the above advice VERY seriously and do what it says. Reason: if you have children with him (I thought you did), he can walk RIGHT UP TO YOU on the street, take those girls from you physically, and take them home with him and it won't be considered kidnapping, and you will then have a very messy custody battle going on. File the order asap will protect you legally, in both the long and short term..
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I am glad to hear that you are safe at your brothers.
    If you do not have the money for a lawyer contact the nearest womens shelter. You do not have to be staying there to take advantage of their services. They can help you with lawyers, counseling and other things.
    Please don't go back to this man. You and your daughters safety is at risk if you do. Abuse will only get worse if he does not seek treatment. Which he says he won't.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Men are respectable only as they respect.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • The_Crazy_Redhead
    Options
    That is definately NOT the type of man you want to stay with especially if you have a child.

I was listening to the MJ morning show on the radio one morning and they were talking to teens-adults who have been in a relationship like that. One girl said her bf/husband would always hit her and the one time she actually fights back, he knocks her out and she wakes up in the hospital handcuffed to the bed. She was arrested because she fought back, mainly because HE called the cops while she was unconcious. Just because he called them first.

It upset me when i heard about it :frown:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hey GTO - glad you got out. I had to leave an abusive relationship about 10 years ago and I fully understand what you're going through. Yours sounds a lot like mine was. It's hard to get out - sometimes you really think you are the crazy one! Just remember, when the NEED to go back hits you - come on here for some sanity. I don't know why it happens, but that desire to be back with the abuser is so strong at times. I prayed relentlessly that God would not allow me to be deceived by him again - and the Big Guy pulled through for me. When he would call to talk - my oldest is his daughter - he would have intentions of being nice to me and trying to convince me to come back and he would open his mouth and vile would spill out - his true self. I thank God everyday that he protected me from getting sucked back into that mess. My ex was arrested Christmas day that year and is still in prison 10 years later! I would have been involved in the disaster he created and my daughter would have been abandoned. We're here for you - talk to us when you need to!!
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I left an abusive husband with just the clothes on my back and 3 little babies. I would never go back and I won't put up with anything like that from a man now. I kinda grew my cahones from that experience.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Hope your still alright GTO ... give us some updates when you can ..

meanwhile keep safe !
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I am going through something similiar and for your kids you need to get out! It will seem rough now but in a couple of months you will look back and be so happy. I would totally let your dad go off on him and let him know that you are protected. I would take out as much money as you could today and all of your belongings-do not make any unneccessary trips than you have to.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    Hi, GTO!

I hope you're hanging tough. As I said - a vet of two abusive relationships - I think of you and know it is hard. Of course, my thoughts are don't talk to him - but in case he gets to you somehow.......

If he tells you "I love you," remember LOVE doesn't feel like that. They confuse us by using that word. This is not love.

If he tells you no one else will ever have you - tell him, "I wouldn't count on it!"

If he says, "I'll go to counseling, I'll do what it takes, I'm sorry, it'll never happen again," Say ,
    "Counseling is a great idea, good for you."
    "You SHOULD be sorry."
    "You're right - it'll NEVER happen again. Have a nice life. Goodbye."

:heart: cm
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your support. I am doing well, at least I have peace now. I'm looking for a job and meanwhile, to help out, I'm taking care of my niece Elizabeth. I'm not worried about him flyin' off the handle at me anymore which is a good thing. Thanks again everyone for thinking of me.:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Stay gone, girl! If the urge ever comes back thinking that you want to go back to him/take him back...open this thread & read it WORD FOR WORD. Stay gone & stay strong! *hugs* Listen to CM! She knows what she's talking about!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    "All we are saaaaayyyyyiinnnnnnn', is give Peace a chance."
    ___________________________________________~~~~~~John Lennon

Rent the documentary "The United States versus John Lennon" DVD. It's so awesome.

I'm very hopeful, for you GTO

oxoxo cm :flowerforyou: