Replies

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    shaunte92 wrote: »
    HOW WILL LIFTING WEIGHTS HELP REDUCE BELLY FAT???

... & i'm not trying to be aggressive or argumentative, I just really want to know the answer to the question. That seems to be a logic some of you are pushing. But if you lose fat because of what you eat... how will lifting with no deficit make fat go away?

How does having more muscle mass reduce fate?

I neeeeddd to know!

I'm 5'10 around 150 in a similar situation. I don't like my midsection. I'm wondering if I should try to keep losing weight until the fat is gone orrrrr switch to recomp. Which takes CONSIDERABLY longer.

If while doing a progressive load lifting program and eating at maintenance you can burn fat and build muscle at the same time....

recomp.

but I suspect the issue is weight loss....which includes muscle and fat instead of minimizing muscle loss with a low deficit some resistance training and enough protein.

I hate using this phrase but lots call it "skinny fat"...

At 5'6" and 115 pounds she is most definitely NOT skinny fat...

and you know this how?

I cant imagine much "fat" in that skinny-fat description on a 5'6" frame at 115lbs.
    Are you meaning "Skinny fat" (i hate this term so im not advocating its use) is skinny but with low/no muscle mass? Meaning the no muscle part = fat?

WTH does skinny fat mean anyway?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    If we don't like the word why we using it
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »

... & i'm not trying to be aggressive or argumentative, I just really want to know the answer to the question. That seems to be a logic some of you are pushing. But if you lose fat because of what you eat... how will lifting with no deficit make fat go away?

I neeeeddd to know!

I'm 5'10 around 150 in a similar situation. I don't like my midsection. I'm wondering if I should try to keep losing weight until the fat is gone orrrrr switch to recomp. Which takes CONSIDERABLY longer.

If while doing a progressive load lifting program and eating at maintenance you can burn fat and build muscle at the same time....

recomp.

but I suspect the issue is weight loss....which includes muscle and fat instead of minimizing muscle loss with a low deficit some resistance training and enough protein.

and you know this how?

I cant imagine much "fat" in that skinny-fat description on a 5'6" frame at 115lbs.
    Are you meaning "Skinny fat" (i hate this term so im not advocating its use) is skinny but with low/no muscle mass? Meaning the no muscle part = fat?

WTH does skinny fat mean anyway?

I hate the term too...but based on the OP description of themselves...
    belly pooch
    I surmised it was a lower calorie diet with little to no resistance training.

so slim and looks great in clothing but isn't pleased with what is under the clothing...softer than desired,

I googled it and this was the first definition
    <snip>you are under lean but over fat — not enough muscle and too much fat (especially belly fat). It seems it is better to be fat and fit than thin and out of shape.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

because people use it as a description often to describe what the OP put in her post....as I said in my OP..."lots call it...."
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

I used it only to ask for clarification as to what it means. :)
    When I reach goal weight and some one calls me skinny-fat I might just lose my shyt on them, lol.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Eat at maintenance and lift weights.

Agreed.
  • chad23jl
    chad23jl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would also say....start weight training and change up the diet some. Maintain calories but increase protein and decrease carbs.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I neeeeddd to know!

recomp.

and you know this how?

Common sense?