NYT Ain't Got Nothing on Us: Maintainers Roll Call!

Options

Replies

• upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    rhtexasgal wrote: »
    While some simply eat to live, I live to eat so I am diligent about exercise and what I eat BUT I always work in my treats whether it is jalapeno chips with cheese or a piece of cheesecake. Nothing is off limits, just a bit limited.

Love this observation

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    If you accept maintaining to mean, staying in the low 180s until a couple months out from a PL meet, where I cut a few pounds to make weight? In.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    NewDay16 wrote: »
    I have been maintaining my 100lbs loss for 10 years! Now I am doing body recomp (which is so slow, but I can already see progress). That article is all over my facebook page. I am so tired of seeing it.

NewDay16,
    You are my hero! I want to be posting that I maintained a 90 lb weight loss for 10 years in a decade! Please share your story. Forgive my ignorance, but what is body recomp?
    -K
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    This thread is very inspiring. I've yoyo'ed a few times but I'm hopeful I'm figuring out what I need to do for long-term maintenance. (I've recently reached maintenance again.) A few things that have helped the times I've maintained for a few years are:
    * weighing in regularly and going back to a deficit if I go above my maintenance range.
    * keeping carbs at a lower level (I know this isn't necessary for everyone but for me with my health issues, it is) long-term. And using a lot of my carbs for veg.
    * working out regularly.
    Also, medication issues have been a partial cause of my weight gain twice. I'm not on either of those meds anymore.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Maintaining since Oct 2014. Lost 60 lbs in about 9 months before that. I put on about 10 lbs from my lowest, 5 now gone since changing my diet to get cholesterol under control, but stayed the same size.
  • Kelleygirl79
    Kelleygirl79 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Starting month 5 of maintenance here. I always remind myself that I'm part of the 7% of smokers who stopped smoking (10 years this month), so being part of the 5% of successful weight losers is easy.

Zyxst: I could have written your post. I, too, am 5 months into maintenance. I am also part of the 7% of smokers who stopped smoking (10 years last August). Ha!

I will easily be part of the 5% of successful weight losers. My epiphany was when I realized I needed a tool EXACTLY LIKE MFP to guide me every day and help me manage and monitor my overeating tendacies.

I'm female, 54, 5'6". I lost 48 lbs in 7 months and maintain a 153-155 lb range. I work out 5-6x per week, 30-45 min a day using kettlebells. I average 1800 cal a day and log daily (and always will have to, at least 90% of the time). And I'm really good with that!