Mansplaining

Options

Replies

• gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    gramarye wrote: »

Do you suppose that, if asked, he would say that she had "dominated" the conversation because she refused to be interrupted by him on several occasions?

reminds me of the time one of my lady friends needed the belt tensioner on her car replaced. it kept locking down and peeling the belt off. whole assembly was gonna crack at some point i've seen it happen and leave a guy (me) on the side of the road in DFW once upon a time. pretty easy fix too you just have to go down to o'reilly's and pick up a new one for like $25 prob go ahead and get a new belt to be safe if the old one hasn't snapped yet. tried telling her how i could do it for her cause i already had a socket set and bar and everything. my pops is a mechanic so we pretty much grew up under the hood of a car and crawling around on concrete underneath.

it was then that she started screaming "reeeeeeee" and turned into a wing-ed serpent.

I am utterly uncertain how to read your post, lol. You're either using hyperbole to say that she freaked out, or joking. I'm, like, 98% sure you're joking, but this is the Internet and I just don't know. :D
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    This thread is truly amusing.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    As for the laundry...

Speaking of laundry. Don't you have something to do honey?

• HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    This is simply a femiNAZI term. They use any and every tactic to try and put down men. Men do explain this as history has shown men create things. Trains, planes, cars, rockets, telescopes, tires, telephones, radios, television, electricity, atomic energy, computers, and fax machines. All miracles made possible by the minds and spirits of men with names like Ampere, Bell, Caselli, Edison, Ohm, Faraday, Einstein, Cohen, Teller, Shockley, Hertz, Marconi, Morse, Popov. Ford, Volta, Michelin, Dunlop, Watt, Diesel, Galileo, and other "dead white males."

Mary Anderson - Windshield Wipers
    Barbara Askins - NewFilm Developing Method that improves clarity of xrays & restores photographs
    Patricia Billinsg - Geobond a replacement for asbestos
    Marion Donovan - Disposable Diapers
    Bette Nesmith Graham - Liquid Paper (white out) (and mother of a "rock" star")
    Dr. Grace Murray Hopper - COBAL computer language
    Mary Phelps Jacob - Modern Brassiere (for those needing mansplaning that is a bra)
    Margaret Knight - machine that makes paper bags
    Stephanie Kwolek - Kevlar
    Hedy Lamarr - Spread Spectrum Technology (used to combat Nazis & the backbone of digital communications)
    Patsy Sherman - Scotchgard
    Dr. Giuliana Tesoro - holds 125+ patents related to organic compounds and textile processing
    Ruth Wakefield - Chocolate Chip Cookie
    Rachel Zimmerman - Blissymbol Printer (invented at as 12)
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    This is simply a femiNAZI term. They use any and every tactic to try and put down men. Men do explain this as history has shown men create things. Trains, planes, cars, rockets, telescopes, tires, telephones, radios, television, electricity, atomic energy, computers, and fax machines. All miracles made possible by the minds and spirits of men with names like Ampere, Bell, Caselli, Edison, Ohm, Faraday, Einstein, Cohen, Teller, Shockley, Hertz, Marconi, Morse, Popov. Ford, Volta, Michelin, Dunlop, Watt, Diesel, Galileo, and other "dead white males."

Barbara Askins - NewFilm Developing Method that improves clarity of xrays & restores photographs
    Mary Phelps Jacob - Modern Brassiere (for those needing mansplaning that is a bra)
    Hedy Lamarr - Spread Spectrum Technology (used to combat Nazis & the backbone of digital communications)
    Dr. Giuliana Tesoro - holds 125+ patents related to organic compounds and textile processing

I figured this came about as a happy accident.

• HWeatherholt
    Options

Melitta Bentz - coffee filtration

Katharine Burr Blodgett - non-reflective glass used for camera lenses, movie projectors, submarine periscopes, better eyeglasses, car windshields, and computer screens. Also worked research for gas masks, smoke screens and de-icing airplane wings.

Marie Curie - X-rays
    Nancy Johnson - ice cream maker
    Maria Telkes - first 100 percent solar powered house
    Ann Tsukamoto - stem cell isolation
    Rosalind Franklin - DNA double helix
    Marie Beasley - the life raft
    Elizabeth magie - Monopoly Game
    Josephine Cochrane - dishwasher
    Martha Coston - signal flares
    Tabitha Babbit - the circular saw
  • HWeatherholt
    Options

Should be at age 12.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options

Melitta Bentz - coffee filtration

Katharine Burr Blodgett - non-reflective glass used for camera lenses, movie projectors, submarine periscopes, better eyeglasses, car windshields, and computer screens. Also worked research for gas masks, smoke screens and de-icing airplane wings.

Marie Curie - X-rays
    Nancy Johnson - ice cream maker
    Maria Telkes - first 100 percent solar powered house
    Ann Tsukamoto - stem cell isolation
    Rosalind Franklin - DNA double helix
    Marie Beasley - the life raft
    Elizabeth magie - Monopoly Game
    Josephine Cochrane - dishwasher
    Martha Coston - signal flares
    Tabitha Babbit - the circular saw

Not to mention my favorite: Ada Lovelace, who wrote the first computer code and was able to compehend the development of the personal computer long before her time.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Harry Truman
    Doris Day
    Red China
    Johnnie Ray
    South Pacific
    Walter Winchell
    Joe DiMaggio
    Joe McCarthy
    Richard Nixon
    Studebaker
    television
    North Korea
    South Korea
    Marilyn Monroe
    Rosenbergs
    H-bomb
    Sugar Ray
    Panmunjom
    Brando
    "The King and I" and "The Catcher in the Rye"
    Eisenhower
    vaccine
    England's got a new queen
    Marciano
    Liberace
    Santayana goodbye
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    man·splain
    manˈsplān/

(of a man) explain (something) to someone, typically a woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing.

ETA: "Mansplaining" is one of my favorite types of words: a portmanteau, which is a combining of two words to create a new word

mansplaining is already happening in this thread lol

as predicted
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Where does a mansplainer get his water?

From a "well, actually...."
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    jenovatrix wrote: »
    Where does a mansplainer get his water?

From a "well, actually...."

bdew5zcobrlb.png

giving me life you are

• yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Harry Truman
    Doris Day
    Red China
    Johnnie Ray
    South Pacific
    Walter Winchell
    Joe DiMaggio
    Joe McCarthy
    Richard Nixon
    Studebaker
    television
    North Korea
    South Korea
    Marilyn Monroe
    Rosenbergs
    H-bomb
    Sugar Ray
    Panmunjom
    Brando
    "The King and I" and "The Catcher in the Rye"
    Eisenhower
    vaccine
    England's got a new queen
    Marciano
    Liberace
    Santayana goodbye
    f6964676f075bfa39689c9e46d0652dd.jpg

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »
    otjy4zqun0qh.gif

the righter I am, the madder she gets...
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    Mansplaining is just another word created by feminazis that cry about equality then preach inequality. Feminazis that have mugs with sayings like "male tears" on the side, but would completely lose it and go on a soapbox rant if a man had a mug that said "female tears"

That mug is actually really funny when you go on urban dictionary and look up what 'male tears' means ;)

I already know it's semen, and it's still feminazi misandry.

That being said, do you want a mug full of female tears?