What are your go-to dinners?

Options
13»

Replies

• RachaelRenk
    RachaelRenk Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Eggs (fried, boiled, whatever) and salad.
    Baked teriyaki salmon with a sriracha cream sauce over rice.
    Pasta is always so damn easy to make...
  • alexandriamccann26
    alexandriamccann26 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My go to easy dinner is slow cooker chicken tacos or quesidillas. Add chicken breast to crock pot, top w taco seasoning and add a can of rotel. Cook on low 6 hours then shred and drain excess fluid. Then I usually add a little taco sauce to the shredded chicken. For tacos just add to whole wheat tortilla and top with your favs. If doing quesidillas set oven to 400° spray bottom of quesidilla w cooking spray top w chicken and I usually add some diced Bell peppers and red onion, top that with shredded Mex cheese and then top w another tortilla. Spray that quesidilla w cooking spray. Bake for 6-8 min and flip and do another 6-8 min.

This is deff my easiest and most family friendly recipe
  • alexandriamccann26
    alexandriamccann26 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I also like to do Thai curry chicken. Very easy, one pan dish and super low on calories and high in protein.

Heat skillet over high heat, dice chicken breasts or thighs, add coconut oil to pan, add chicken sautee until 3/4 of the way cooked, add sliced red and green bell peppers and sliced red onion (any veggies would work) sautee for a few min until veggies soften some. Add a can of coconut milk and about 2 TSP (I like spicy so I normally use a little more) of red or green Thai curry paste. Mix together and simmer for about 15-20 min.

Serve over rice or quinoa
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Poached eggs with a heap of sauteed vegetables. I'm lazy.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Protein, veg and carb
    Vegetable soup with pesto
    Quesadilla - black beans, corn, bell pepper, monterey jack, goat cheese, flour tortilla served with salsa
    Pastas - sausage and broccoli (no sauce), eggplant pesto, chicken tomato zucchini basil (no sauce)
    Fajitas, usually beef but sometimes chicken
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Last week I made a super quick meal that was really yummy:

Sautéed shrimp over corn/black beans/peppers/onions (Southwest frozen veggie blend from Targe) and cilantro lime rice (Uncle Ben's Ready Rice with cilantro and lime juice) with a single serving of Wholly Guacamole.

Less than 10 minutes and under 600 cals...

1f0bery8px2i.jpg
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Last week I made a super quick meal that was really yummy:

Sautéed shrimp over corn/black beans/peppers/onions (Southwest frozen veggie blend from Targe) and cilantro lime rice (Uncle Ben's Ready Rice with cilantro and lime juice) with a single serving of Wholly Guacamole.

Less than 10 minutes and under 600 cals...

That looks amazing! Can you please be my chef? :) I have never eaten shrimp but those do look very tempting.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Shrimp or chicken stir fry with vegetables and noodles
    Flank steak, baked potato, tossed salad
    Fajitas
    Grilled chicken, steamed broccoli, rice or couscous
    Burgers and roasted red potato wedges
    Pasta with spinach, tomatoes, garlic and chicken sausage
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Keto friendly, bolognese, pizza topped chicken, curry, roast meat/bird, hunters chicken, aubergine (egg plant) pizza. All high sat fat and low carb.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I do LCHF so here are a few of my recent meals:

1. Taco salad with ground beef
    2. Chicken or tuna or canned salmon salad with avocado, spinach, mayo, and as many low carb veggies as I have in the fridge
    3. Cheeseburger (2 patties) in a lettuce wrap instead of a bun, side of veggies. Would work with Turkey, chicken or veggie burgers too
    4. Veggie omelette--a full pan of veg sautéed in coconut oil or butter, with 2-3 eggs added once the veg are mostly done, topped with cheese.

I should add that I do 300-400 calories each for breakfast & lunch, and 800-1000 for supper (goal is 1800ish). I've lost 12+ lbs in the past 7 weeks. I eat a bit more on my more active days (as per Fitbit).