Mexican restaurants

Options
13»

Replies

• michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I get pollo rancheros and skip the tortillas it's served with... at least where I go lol
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    If I couldn't eat Mexican food (would like it 3 times a day) - that just wouldn't be right in my world!! I tend to make it myself at home and fairly low calories and baked fajitas type things with avocado, of course! When we go out, I eat super light for the day, saving myself - then, count out 7 chips (depending on thickness and size) *140 calories* - a couple tablespoons of salsa *10 calories* skip the rice and beans and go for a single chicken sope or chicken enchilada *usually 380* depending on size and to top it off; 8 oz grey goose vodka, soda, & lime *96* -- I feel okay walking out with about 700 cals. Yep, that is high for one meal for me - but, eating super light the rest of the day So worth it!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    GYATagain wrote: »
    If I couldn't eat Mexican food (would like it 3 times a day) - that just wouldn't be right in my world!! I tend to make it myself at home and fairly low calories and baked fajitas type things with avocado, of course! When we go out, I eat super light for the day, saving myself - then, count out 7 chips (depending on thickness and size) *140 calories* - a couple tablespoons of salsa *10 calories* skip the rice and beans and go for a single chicken sope or chicken enchilada *usually 380* depending on size and to top it off; 8 oz grey goose vodka, soda, & lime *96* -- I feel okay walking out with about 700 cals. Yep, that is high for one meal for me - but, eating super light the rest of the day So worth it!

8 ounces of vodka is about 520 calories. Do you mean the drink -- vodka, soda, and lime -- is 8 ounces total?
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me sad LOL. Mexican food is my favorite and I'd rather cut calories 6 days a week and have a slower rate of weight loss so I can go out once a week and enjoy what I love. It gives me something to look forward to. If I had to give up bean and cheese burritos, cheese enchiladas, tacos, chips, salsa, or guacamole I would probably quit trying to lose weight.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    This thread makes me sad LOL. Mexican food is my favorite and I'd rather cut calories 6 days a week and have a slower rate of weight loss so I can go out once a week and enjoy what I love. It gives me something to look forward to. If I had to give up bean and cheese burritos, cheese enchiladas, tacos, chips, salsa, or guacamole I would probably quit trying to lose weight.

You don't have to give up anything. Just probably can't have it all in one day. Or yeah, cut calories the rest of the week to make it fit (which is what I do too, but I go to bed hungry so much, I'm starting to wonder if that's going to work long term).
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

You don't have to give up anything. Just probably can't have it all in one day. Or yeah, cut calories the rest of the week to make it fit (which is what I do too, but I go to bed hungry so much, I'm starting to wonder if that's going to work long term).

I go to sleep right after dinner at 7:30pm because I wake up at 4am to workout so I fall asleep before I have a chance to get hungry. Also long term you can add more calories to maintain so you won't be hungry forever
  • chariewells
    chariewells Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Taco salad with chicken, minus the cheese, minus the fried bowl it comes in. I will allow myself a dollop of sour cream on it, and pour the salsa on it, also a couple of chicken tacos a la carte are an option, no chips, and then there are fajitas, minus the sides, and corn tortillas, I will allow myself 1-2 tortillas just depending on my calorie intake that day.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I could never do that, I would rather forgo the cheese and chips and never be hungry.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajitas, skip the wraps, get the chips away. Salsa if you like it (I hate cilantro), watch the gauc and sour cream as it all adds up.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Portion control is your friend. I eat no more than half of what comes on the plate, ESPECIALLY at Mexican. I take the rest home and get 2 more meals from it.
  • zmida
    zmida Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    Water.

LOL. So true. I decided to stay in this year.

• kportmanshark
    kportmanshark Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Get a dish with grilled chicken and ask for it as plain as possible, then when it comes knock the rest of the stuff that makes it Mexican off and just eat the chicken.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Ceviche, or shrimp cocktail.
    Chicken soup