Mansplaining

Options

Replies

• yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    Mansplaining is just another word created by feminazis that cry about equality then preach inequality. Feminazis that have mugs with sayings like "male tears" on the side, but would completely lose it and go on a soapbox rant if a man had a mug that said "female tears"

That mug is actually really funny when you go on urban dictionary and look up what 'male tears' means ;)

I already know it's semen, and it's still feminazi misandry.

That being said, do you want a mug full of female tears?
    depends, whose tears? :wink:

edit: totally agree on the misandry bit though.
  • 737jac737
    737jac737 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    y'all are all just insecure and allow yourselves to be offended too easily.

Sorry, I agree with John.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

john, female humans are complicated because they have "emotions" which cause "feelings". these things are useful to female humans in ways that are too difficult to explain to you without creating some kind analogy involving football and fishing. why don't you just go do your beer-drinking fantasy sports thing and we'll talk about it some other time <3

This is the woman version of "mansplaining". . We call it "Background noise". .
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I respect respect women who don't whine about men. Or whine about much at all. If you come off as a dingbat or a child then yes, I'll be condescending. Grow a pair of lady balls.

It's absolutely possible talk about systemtic disadvantages to the sexes (both of them even!) due to current patriarchal standards, without it being "whining," or us acting like a "dingbat" or a "child."

But I suspect based on your post that you check out mentally pretty quickly when you hear the word "patriarchal." You don't seem like the kind of guy willing to have an actual conversation about social standards, given that you only deign to take seriously women who don't agitate you.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    gramarye wrote: »
    I respect respect women who don't whine about men. Or whine about much at all. If you come off as a dingbat or a child then yes, I'll be condescending. Grow a pair of lady balls.

It's absolutely possible talk about systemtic disadvantages to the sexes (both of them even!) due to current patriarchal standards, without it being "whining," or us acting like a "dingbat" or a "child."

But I suspect based on your post that you check out mentally pretty quickly when you hear the word "patriarchal." You don't seem like the kind of guy willing to have an actual conversation about social standards, given that you only deign to take seriously women who don't agitate you.

Not a bad passive aggressive victim card play mixed with a mind reading attempt. I give it 5 points for the former and 2 for the latter. Maybe a little more shrill next time?
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this here

tumblr_inline_n4echfiJIo1r7fnmm.jpg
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options

Not a bad passive aggressive victim card play mixed with a mind reading attempt. I give it 5 points for the former and 2 for the latter. Maybe a little more shrill next time?

No, I'm sorry, you totally misunderstood me:

2w1pfifyha8l.gif

I don't know where in my post you see a passive-aggressive display of victimhood -- and I actually don't give a *kitten* where you saw it, so please don't start to mansplain at me what I meant in what I wrote.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

No, I'm sorry, you totally misunderstood me:

2w1pfifyha8l.gif

I don't know where in my post you see a passive-aggressive display of victimhood -- and I actually don't give a *kitten* where you saw it, so please don't start to mansplain at me what I meant in what I wrote.

Nothing proves you are wearing your big girl pants like a cartoon gif.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    This is simply a femiNAZI term. They use any and every tactic to try and put down men. Men do explain this as history has shown men create things. Trains, planes, cars, rockets, telescopes, tires, telephones, radios, television, electricity, atomic energy, computers, and fax machines. All miracles made possible by the minds and spirits of men with names like Ampere, Bell, Caselli, Edison, Ohm, Faraday, Einstein, Cohen, Teller, Shockley, Hertz, Marconi, Morse, Popov. Ford, Volta, Michelin, Dunlop, Watt, Diesel, Galileo, and other "dead white males."

Mary Anderson - Windshield Wipers
    Barbara Askins - NewFilm Developing Method that improves clarity of xrays & restores photographs
    Patricia Billinsg - Geobond a replacement for asbestos
    Marion Donovan - Disposable Diapers
    Bette Nesmith Graham - Liquid Paper (white out) (and mother of a "rock" star")
    Dr. Grace Murray Hopper - COBAL computer language
    Mary Phelps Jacob - Modern Brassiere (for those needing mansplaning that is a bra)
    Margaret Knight - machine that makes paper bags
    Stephanie Kwolek - Kevlar
    Hedy Lamarr - Spread Spectrum Technology (used to combat Nazis & the backbone of digital communications)
    Patsy Sherman - Scotchgard
    Dr. Giuliana Tesoro - holds 125+ patents related to organic compounds and textile processing
    Ruth Wakefield - Chocolate Chip Cookie
    Rachel Zimmerman - Blissymbol Printer (invented at as 12)

Melitta Bentz - coffee filtration

Katharine Burr Blodgett - non-reflective glass used for camera lenses, movie projectors, submarine periscopes, better eyeglasses, car windshields, and computer screens. Also worked research for gas masks, smoke screens and de-icing airplane wings.

Marie Curie - X-rays
    Nancy Johnson - ice cream maker
    Maria Telkes - first 100 percent solar powered house
    Ann Tsukamoto - stem cell isolation
    Rosalind Franklin - DNA double helix
    Marie Beasley - the life raft
    Elizabeth magie - Monopoly Game
    Josephine Cochrane - dishwasher
    Martha Coston - signal flares
    Tabitha Babbit - the circular saw

Not to mention my favorite: Ada Lovelace, who wrote the first computer code and was able to compehend the development of the personal computer long before her time.

She certainly was one of the first and wrote an algorithm not actual computer code. And she was preceded by Babbage and Manabrea. It's a nice story and all (and her contribution is not small at all) but she wasn't first. Sorry.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    This is simply a femiNAZI term. They use any and every tactic to try and put down men. Men do explain this as history has shown men create things. Trains, planes, cars, rockets, telescopes, tires, telephones, radios, television, electricity, atomic energy, computers, and fax machines. All miracles made possible by the minds and spirits of men with names like Ampere, Bell, Caselli, Edison, Ohm, Faraday, Einstein, Cohen, Teller, Shockley, Hertz, Marconi, Morse, Popov. Ford, Volta, Michelin, Dunlop, Watt, Diesel, Galileo, and other "dead white males."

Mary Anderson - Windshield Wipers
    Barbara Askins - NewFilm Developing Method that improves clarity of xrays & restores photographs
    Patricia Billinsg - Geobond a replacement for asbestos
    Marion Donovan - Disposable Diapers
    Bette Nesmith Graham - Liquid Paper (white out) (and mother of a "rock" star")
    Dr. Grace Murray Hopper - COBAL computer language
    Mary Phelps Jacob - Modern Brassiere (for those needing mansplaning that is a bra)
    Margaret Knight - machine that makes paper bags
    Stephanie Kwolek - Kevlar
    Hedy Lamarr - Spread Spectrum Technology (used to combat Nazis & the backbone of digital communications)
    Patsy Sherman - Scotchgard
    Dr. Giuliana Tesoro - holds 125+ patents related to organic compounds and textile processing
    Ruth Wakefield - Chocolate Chip Cookie
    Rachel Zimmerman - Blissymbol Printer (invented at as 12)

Melitta Bentz - coffee filtration

Katharine Burr Blodgett - non-reflective glass used for camera lenses, movie projectors, submarine periscopes, better eyeglasses, car windshields, and computer screens. Also worked research for gas masks, smoke screens and de-icing airplane wings.

Marie Curie - X-rays
    Nancy Johnson - ice cream maker
    Maria Telkes - first 100 percent solar powered house
    Ann Tsukamoto - stem cell isolation
    Rosalind Franklin - DNA double helix
    Marie Beasley - the life raft
    Elizabeth magie - Monopoly Game
    Josephine Cochrane - dishwasher
    Martha Coston - signal flares
    Tabitha Babbit - the circular saw

Not to mention my favorite: Ada Lovelace, who wrote the first computer code and was able to compehend the development of the personal computer long before her time.

She certainly was one of the first and wrote an algorithm not actual computer code. And she was preceded by Babbage and Manabrea. It's a nice story and all (and her contribution is not small at all) but she wasn't first. Sorry.

Oh stop Babbage and Manabreasplaining!

You know I can't help myself. It's how my mom raised me.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

john, female humans are complicated because they have "emotions" which cause "feelings". these things are useful to female humans in ways that are too difficult to explain to you without creating some kind analogy involving football and fishing. why don't you just go do your beer-drinking fantasy sports thing and we'll talk about it some other time <3

This is the woman version of "mansplaining". . We call it "Background noise". .

i talk and talk and all you ever hear is is a random signal with a constant power spectral density

.. And that's only when I REALLY pay attention!
  • Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    Options
    Harry Truman
    Doris Day
    Red China
    Johnnie Ray
    South Pacific
    Walter Winchell
    Joe DiMaggio
    Joe McCarthy
    Richard Nixon
    Studebaker
    television
    North Korea
    South Korea
    Marilyn Monroe
    Rosenbergs
    H-bomb
    Sugar Ray
    Panmunjom
    Brando
    "The King and I" and "The Catcher in the Rye"
    Eisenhower
    vaccine
    England's got a new queen
    Marciano
    Liberace
    Santayana goodbye

Wins the thread!
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    US Constitution
    Democracy
    Republic
    Fascism
    Communism
    Liberalism
    Geography
    Telescope
    Microscope
    Automobile
    Television
    Electricity
    Aircrafts
    Computers
    The Piano
    Electric Engineering
    Telephone
    Theory of Evolution
    The Wormhole
    First one's in Space
    First one's on the Moon
    Banks/Banking
    The theory of Natural Selection
    Theatre
    Pencil
    Cotton Gin
    Beer
    Calculators
    Diesel engines
    Internal combustion engines
    Sewing Machine
    The Jet Engine
    The discovery of DNA
    The discovery of the Atom
    The discovery of Cells
    The Camera
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    best of all VIKINGS!!!!
  • fantabular
    fantabular Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Women are a MILLION times better at conversations :)
    Talking with guys usually bores me to tears.
  • Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    Options
    You've convinced me, men are clearly superior beings. I mean, I'm willing to ignore women's restricted access to education, finances, human rights, and all, because with that access women SURELY could never have made similar achievements.