Great job!!! Thanks for the motivation!

Ha. Happy to help!
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    damiansinc wrote: »
    Wow, congrats. 194 is the goal. Very inspiring

You can do it! The last 15-20 lbs went really slow for me, as in 3-4 months, but I had already upped my calories to probably within 15% of maintenance level in order to start to build more muscle. It's near impossible to do on a deficit but I managed more than I thought I would doing it this way. I'm still not at maintenance, I'm fluctuating between 189 and 192 right now at around 2200 kcal a day, and that's finishing my days with a 500ish calorie deficit. I think my body is still adjusting to the new calorie intake (about 200 more than what I was used to). Once I see the weight drop a tad more I'll adjust it up another 100 calories or so and go on with training. 225 was my first goal, <200 was my second goal, and 190 was my final goal (since it's about 4 lbs into the 'normal' BMI. I expect to end up at around 205 when I have all the muscle I want and about 10% fat, so that would be an ultimate goal but that's gonna take a lot of time and hard work at maintenance or even a tad higher to get there without undoing what I've managed so far.

Keep up the good work and whatever you do, don't give up, stalls may happen more often between now and your goal, but that's normal. Just keep on doing what you're doing, it's working!
  • damiansinc
    damiansinc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    damiansinc wrote: »
    Wow, congrats. 194 is the goal. Very inspiring
    Keep up the good work and whatever you do, don't give up, stalls may happen more often between now and your goal, but that's normal. Just keep on doing what you're doing, it's working!

Super helpful man. Thank you!

Right now I'm enjoying the path. Its nice to hit tiny little goals. I haven't been 225 since i THOUGHT I was overweight after college. I would love to creep into the BMI healthy range if only by a 1/10th a pound. I'm sure I'll think more about muscle soon. Right now I'm just happy to feel lighter.

I'm working at it really hard and certainly motivated.

I start on a CPAP next week for mild sleep apnea. I would LOVE to not be on that machine forever.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I've had sleep issues most of my adult life (insomnia issues started in high school). The extra weight only made it worse. For me it's allergies, I'm allergic to everything I think that grows green and is a bright color. When I was a kid I had to take shots made up of tiny amounts of the stuff I was allergic to for a couple years straight. It did help, but it seems like sinus issues for me are an all-year long thing. So I generally take Benadryl at night before bed, it does two things for me, makes me sleepy, and helps me breathe better at night. I've been able to avoid sleep apnea issues for the moment.

I get up at 5am every morning (except weekends) to work out by 6am and if I'm not asleep by say 10:30pm at night my workout suffers in the mornings. I can tell by my heart rate being elevated probably 5 beats higher during cardio when I only get 5 or so hours of sleep. So on the weekends I sleep in, get at least 7-8 hours of sleep, and have breakfast with complex carbs and protein about an hour before I work out. During the week though it's fasted cardio at 6am followed by a bodyweight HIIT workout. If the cpap machine helps stick with it, sleep is really important to reach your goals.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    That's AMAZING! Fantastic job, what a difference. Clothes are also my favorite measurement device. I have a coat I bought last year that I hope to be swimming in this winter.
  • jennyi27
    jennyi27 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    you look so different...not just around the midsection either! I notice a big difference in your face. I smiled at your post-its, because I have often thought about putting up some for myself as well. sorry to hear about your wife. my husband is still alive, but he is not around (going to med school in another state). I certainly understand the struggles of taking on parenthood alone, as that is what I have been doing for the last 2 years. single parenthood is no joke!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!