soooo I have 820 mfp friends and a lot of positivity and support to share and receive! :)

Options

Replies

• AlyAlyAlyboo
    AlyAlyAlyboo Posts: 276 Member
    Options
  • DennisA70
    DennisA70 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a go :smile: First off, glad that you are recovering. I think my biggest struggle is staying consistent. Lost 40 lbs a couple years back and then fell off the wagon. It seemed that one thing led to another and the back came the pounds I lost. Almost back to square one and starting over. Glad that I figured out the community thing on here and I am working on building up connections that I can get inspiration and support from and return the favor. Makes the whole journey a bit more fun. My goal is to shed those 40 lbs again and build some muscle tone.
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Thx for your post!! I strongly believe the process should be fun and interesting otherwise I find it hard to stick to!! I've added you Thx for posting
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Just checking in...nope, no posts! :) lol
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    I'm working more on macros now as the first 15lbs came off by just reducing cals and increasing movement :)

I have an open diary and really appreciate open diaries for sharing ideas :)
  • DennisA70
    DennisA70 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I agree, that in the beginning having a calorie deficit is probably more important that the distribution of macros.

Took me a while to play around with the diary setting to get it set up in a way that works for me. Wish I had known about the community before so I could have come here and get inspiration.
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    For sure!! It's generally a great resource!!
  • amberjennings96742
    amberjennings96742 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Figured I'd give the community a try and see if it helps. Really wanting to get back in shape and do the right thing. Really motivated just struggle when I go out to eat and have to pick the healthy option while everyone else eats what they want. Looking for people who can help keep me focused on the long term goal rather than the short.
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    I will be on for the long term, feel free to add me! But turn off about 3/4 of your notifications in the settings menu...people don't need to know when you become connected to others!!

I would just leave: weight lost, activities completed and day streak!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Alydalton wrote: »
    I'm working more on macros now as the first 15lbs came off by just reducing cals and increasing movement :)

I have an open diary and really appreciate open diaries for sharing ideas :)

The next pounds will come off with sufficient time in a calorie deficit too. That's how all the calories come off.
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Thx!
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    I'm hoping to keep the same rate :) 1.5-2/week...probably feasible...salt may be an issue for me though too
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    The bird. How much?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    The bird. How much?

It's a cute bird, for sure. I don't know why you're flagged for asking though...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Alluminati wrote: »
    The bird. How much?

It's a cute bird, for sure. I don't know why you're flagged for asking though...

MFP is weird.

That's probably why.
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Checking in for positive posts:) Hector is the same cost as a budgie but requires a lot of care!! High maintenance for sure
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Can confirm, @Alydalton is a most excellent MFP friend. Great, frequent posts and lots of positive motivation!
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Awww Thx so much!! This made my day!! :) you're doing fab too...I'm glad we connected
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sending positive vibes to Alberta today!!
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Odd. When I get above 200 active friends, I feel like I need fewer (and used to take steps to rectify this problem...back when I was more involved in the MFP community before they fundamentally changed this site). At a certain number, it's unrealistic to connect and interact with too many friends at anything more than a superficial/speaker level.

Actually Aly writes personal messages on my board sometimes and seems to interact quite frequently with those on her friends list.