nacus2664 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    usually it is magnesium
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    nacus2664 wrote: »
    usually it is magnesium

You mean a magnesium deficiency causing cravings, especially that of chocolate? Yes, one of the changes I made was to start taking a magnesium supplement. http://www.drdavidwilliams.com/what-your-chocolate-cravings-could-mean/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Definitely try a magnesium supplement, the chocolate cravings disappeared when I took some last month.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I have found the last two days I really needed more to eat by the evening. I initially tried to do 2 days at 1200-1400ish calories to help make up for weekend over eating. Holy cow I did not stick to it.

By 4pm I was in tears, dying for dinner. As I dished up I added a tortilla I had hoped to skip and some beans because the chicken didn't turn out very well... then after dinner I went in for a homemade granola bar (which I used the recipe builder to record as best I could so I'm proud that at least it's an accurate overage....)

I was indeed hungry, and I wouldn't want to deprive myself into a binge. But I can't help but be disappointed. Today I'm going to save some hardboiled eggs for the end of the day, I can eat some good protein and fat if I'm hungry instead of a calorie dense carb dense treat.

Today I also realized I need to switch to weighing daily again. I may need to see the fluctuations building, especially as I expect my period. Maybe if I see it happen gradually it won't shock me so much. I know I haven't eaten 7lbs of calories in the past week but its still disappointing to see. Here's to a better plan to deal with life today!
  • becca1380461
    becca1380461 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It would be amazing if we could track our periods on MFP as well! I would love to see the side by side data of net calories and weight changes. I either plateau or gain the week before and then "woosh" right after. The woosh is such a good feeling...like it make the period totally worth it! Ha ha!