Options
2»

Replies

• tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I make feta-stuffed turkey burgers:
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/feta-stuffed-turkey-burgers-10000001898535/

I skip the bun because I'm gluten free and don't really need it (sometimes I wrap it in lettuce instead). My family eats them on Sandwich Thins.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    you can make anything with ground turkey that you could with ground beef.
    taco's/burritos
    chili
    taco salad (kinda like taco bells-use low salt/baked tortilla chips)
    hamburger soup (replace ground beef with ground turkey & it's got a lot of veggies).
  • meyersong
    meyersong Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can use the turkey or ground chicken or seafood. It is great and I figured out the whole thing is about 680 calories and each lettuce cup is about 68 calories.

Chinese Lettuce Wrap (Ants on a Hill) - makes a lot
    1 can Water Chestnuts
    1 can Bamboo
    2 stalks green onion
    ****ake mushrooms or 5 or so regular mushrooms
    2 lbs ground chicken OR fish & shrimp chopped – cooked set aside
    Iceberg lettuce
    Hoisin sauce
    Soy sauce
    Hot bean paste or Szechuan paste
    Salt
    Sesame oil
    Dice first four ingredients & cook in small amount of oil about 2 minutes
    Mix together chicken / fish and vegetables
    To Taste
    Add ½ jar Hoisin (3 or 4 TBS)
    1 or 2 TBS hot bean paste
    Drizzle w/ soy
    Dash sesame oil
    Salt
    Separate lettuce leaves add large spoonful in center fold/roll
  • Postlethwaite
    Postlethwaite Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Turkey Burger makes excellent cabbage rolls. Just mix with breadcrumbs or rice (or both) and anything else you like to add in (garlic, onions, peppers, spices etc) and roll into longish balls and roll up in softened cabbage leaves. Pour tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato juice over this (along with whatever yer mama uses) and pop it in the oven to bake away the afternoon. Serve with rice:)
  • kysassyblonde1
    Options
    I do a stroganoff, brown your turkey then add in a small container of fat free sour cream and a package of onion soup mix then serve it over rice or noodles either one, I usually add mushrooms also if I have some
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • tinaherron2000
    Options
    *Mix:
    Ground turkey
    Sauted Onion
    Minced garlic
    Fat free cream cheese
    Salt & pepper to taste
    *Stuff in jalapeño pepper
    *wrap with turkey bacon
    *secure with a toothpick

Grill or bake
  • KariLaVecchia
    Options
    I use ground turkey in most anything that calls for ground beef. One of my favorite recipes is Shepard's Pie. You can try mine: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/edit/2022107
    or the original: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/30-minute-shepherds-pie-recipe/index.html
  • bcbman
    bcbman Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Myrecipes.com has some good recipes for turkey. I like the 3 bean turkey chili that you make in a crock pot. Calorie count on it is 210 for 10 oz so you can enjoy a fair size portion.
  • ZumbaMami
    ZumbaMami Posts: 18
    Options
    I love making dirty rice! 1 lb of ground turkey, 1 onion chopped, 3 celery stalks chopped, 1 green pepper chopped, 1 to 1 1/2 tsp of Mrs. Dash original, Salt and pepper to taste. Really brown turkey really well. Add water to break turkey down well. Add veggies in to cook well. Add 1 cup of rice uncooked and add 2 cups of water and some chicken base, cover for 20 mins and yum. You can add curry or other spices to switch it up. Leftovers are great for stuffed peppers. Just stuff green peppers with mixture top with tomato sauce and bake at 350 for around 30 mins. Yummo!
  • rubikonjenny
    Options
    My favorite meal w/ ground turkey is just to fry it up w/ a chopped onion, drain if there's anything to drain, chop a zucchini, yellow squash, fresh tomato, you can add muschrooms, fresh spinach even, and saute' that all w/ some Lawry's and ground pepper. Mmmm, need to have me some of this soon!
  • Debkam
    Debkam Posts: 80
    Options
    All recipes has a search feature using ingredients. Using ground turkey found 200 recipes. I like the site because members rate the recipes.
  • ljsmamma07
    ljsmamma07 Posts: 30
    Options
    thank you all for the recipes! we seem to get stuck making the same thing but there are some great reciepes here that dont take a whole lot of ingredients! will def try them!