McDonalds for lunch...235 calories left for the day

Options
mis1022
mis1022 Posts: 109 Member
Ugh so I am tired and really don't want to be at work, the weather is finally nice in Michigan today, so I go for a drive during my lunch break and choose McDonalds. I was trying to make myself happy I think. But now not feeling so happy I logged what I ate so 235 calories left for dinner.
I plan on exersicing tonight so that will give me a few more. I have to remember this feeling BEFORE I eat McDonalds But hey its a journey.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Yup, I've learned to prelog if I'm not eating my normal lunch or dinner.
  • Trinique34
    Trinique34 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I heard ya. I was going to have a Pesto Chicken Panini (approx 700 cals) but decided to have my homemade turkey chili instead. Fridays are especially difficult since you've worked hard all week and feel like you need a treat. The important thing is that you log it and move on. Nothing wrong with treating yourself once in a while. And if you workout today, you will be fine and still have cals for supper.

• cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I aim for the cheeseburger because it's only 300. I love french fries but I have learned to have them on occasion. Those can wreak a day fast. I wonder if you can buy a Cutie separately or they are just for kid's meals? lol Don't sweat it because tomorrow is a new day and you learned from it so it wasn't a total loss. :smiley:
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I have go to orders for the 2 or 3 fast food places we eat at. At MCD's I always get the southwest salad w/ grilled chicken...If I'm still hungry I steal fries from my kids (and log them) or get a yogurt parfait. If I let myself get tempted I'm walking out of there with nothing but a 600 calories x-large fries lol.
  • Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing with JJ's that my co workers ordered. I see a really boring salad on my horizon for dinner.
  • sisu89
    sisu89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I always try to take a look at the calorie listings on the menu before I order. That's the one nice thing about fast food places, they have to list the calories for everything!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I can do okay if I get a grilled chicken wrap or even a grilled chicken sandwich but you gotta not eat the fries or have a sweet drink.
  • walking2running
    walking2running Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    12by311 wrote: »
    You could always volume eat for dinner and eat a HUGE salad.

I agree. You could still have a big salad or a bowl of soup for dinner and call it a day. When I have a big lunch, I am usually able to keep my dinner relatively light.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Lean meat & veggies: can get a lot of food in for 250-350 cals.

I went out for a walk today, and considered McDs. Decided it was not enjoyable enough for the ~700 cals that a McDouble and Small fries would have been.
    mis1022 wrote: »
    Ugh so I am tired and really don't want to be at work, the weather is finally nice in Michigan today, so I go for a drive during my lunch break and choose McDonalds. I was trying to make myself happy I think. But now not feeling so happy I logged what I ate so 235 calories left for dinner.
    I plan on exersicing tonight so that will give me a few more. I have to remember this feeling BEFORE I eat McDonalds But hey its a journey.

• sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    remember you can just as easily run into a pharmacy, grocery or other place that sells yogurts, protein bars, cheese snacks, baked chips etc, I have eaten fast food maybe 5 times in 2 years, I loathe that crap, it kills my belly after eating healthy for so long.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    For 235 calories left the day i would go for a steam veggie dinner...big one lol When i would worry about it.
    Some celery, tomato, snap beans, spinach carrots etc wok them or steam them and walla a huge dinner for around 200 calories

But most of the time i just dint worry about it the deficit was calculated over the week.
  • marty_smith
    marty_smith Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Have a can of tinned soup for dinner. Under 200 calories most of them and take that hungry feeling away.
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I did that at a work event yesterday. Jason's Deli - even with making the best choices possible, I still walked away eating 800 calories in one meal.
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    For 204 cals... have my standard breakfast. 6 small egg whites + 2 small egg yokes scrambled. I put tabasco sauce on it and sprinkle some shredded cheese. More volume then you probably can eat. Tastes great... and holds me (255lb guy) a long time. Good luck. My salads tend to be about 400 cal.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I log in the morning after breakfast, brakfast is always the same for me. Then I stick with it. If I think I will eat at a resaurant then I have to fit that in. I remember that if I have to eat up to maintenance, its ok, I'll still lose, just not as fast. :)