Wheelchair user 130lbs healthier!

Options

Replies

• rleider
    rleider Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. While I don't use any assisting devices, I have a chronic pain problem and being disabled makes things very difficult sometimes. About 2 months ago I finally had an epiphany and now I'm feeling much better. I.can mentally deal with my pain which makes it much less intense. I was very fit and in the military at 135lbs. After I was injured and medically discharged it was a 6 year downward spiral. Anyways, thanks for posting! It's great to see.
  • BudhiRooh
    BudhiRooh Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    incredible journey
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    This is incredibly inspiring. <3
  • authorkeqm
    authorkeqm Posts: 13 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hey, I really needed to read this today.

I have multiple sclerosis, and other neurological issues, so reading all the posts that talk about regular exercise is a must truly gets me a bit depressed.
    Even walking is difficult for me most days . . . on my very best days I use a cane, but I also have my walker days and my wheelchair days.
    And because of my MS, even doing arm or leg lifts could send me into painful nerve spasms.
    I've been using MFP for the past 9 months and have lost 46 pounds, and my goal is to lose 90 more.
    (I'm 57 years old, 5 feet even, and my starting weight was 291 pounds.)

MFP has been great, and I'm not really having a problem sticking to my dietary guidelines . . . but can't do the exercises everyone says is necessary to lose a significant amount of weight.

So you really are an inspiration!

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to request you as a friend here on MFP.

• ShaneLynch1972
    ShaneLynch1972 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! Very inspirational!
  • Murphles1210
    Murphles1210 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, healthy and happy!
  • julielosingit65
    julielosingit65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow.. you look fabulous well done :-)
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    You rock and roll! (No pun intended!)
    :)
  • imogen__may
    imogen__may Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love getting messages from other disabled people who are going to get to work! No excuses, lots of compassion and learning to listen to your body! Always happy to accept friend requests, just make sure to leave me a little message :)
  • Crackerjack4u
    Crackerjack4u Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too am disabled. Between my sedentary lifestyle plus my more caloriesin than out approach lol, my obesity is causing me a lot of additional health issues. I've decided that enough is enough, and 2016 is going to be the year that I get this weight off of my body. Although I also can't exercise the way others can with the strenuous exercises, running, etc. there are some things I can do, like cutting those calories, drinking lots of water -(which I will admit I despise drinking water, but I know it has to be done if I have any chance at succeeding). Hopefully this will help set the weight loss in motion.

I'm just getting started, and I have close to 100 pounds to get rid of. I plan on reading to see exactly what you did to lose the weight that you lost, and may have some questions for you along the way if you don't mind.

I do want to commend you on your weight loss, and say that you look Great. Well done. Losing weight is hard enough for the people who have full body mobility, but for you to do what you did with limited mobility is very impressive and inspiring to everyone. Keep up the great job. Congrats on the marriage. Have a wonderful night!!!
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have lost so much weight! You look fabulous and so glowing.

Next time I beat myself up over eating cake or missing the gym I will remind myself that it's all about the calories each day.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm so glad I saw this today. I'm idsabled too, part time chair, part time walker with sticks. I had a real wobble yesterday and was even thinking " what's the point". I got up this morning and I've been fairly conscious of my calories and then bam! I see your post
    You have given me so much inspiration and helped me to renew my motivation to keep on counting calories, I can't even thank you enough. Without wanting to sound condescending, I am so proud of you. I know I don't know you, but I know disability and I know pain. Not being able to exercise does make a difference, but you have shown that even without it, weight loss can happen

You look absolutely beautiful and your wife is a lucky woman
  • jusbar71
    jusbar71 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and look so much happier. A true inspiration.
  • wildfire1204
    wildfire1204 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You are awesome-sauce and then-some. Thanks so much for letting us hear your story!
  • ActionAnnieJXN
    ActionAnnieJXN Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Many congratulations on your weight loss achievement and upcoming marriage!
  • muziique
    muziique Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! All I could say was "WHOA!" when I scrolled and saw the after pic. I love your story and it's very inspiring seeing that no matter what the obstacle, you can lose weight and feel great. You must be so proud of yourself! Fantastic job.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation and great dedication!!
  • imogen__may
    Options
    star1407 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm so glad I saw this today. I'm idsabled too, part time chair, part time walker with sticks. I had a real wobble yesterday and was even thinking " what's the point". I got up this morning and I've been fairly conscious of my calories and then bam! I see your post
    You have given me so much inspiration and helped me to renew my motivation to keep on counting calories, I can't even thank you enough. Without wanting to sound condescending, I am so proud of you. I know I don't know you, but I know disability and I know pain. Not being able to exercise does make a difference, but you have shown that even without it, weight loss can happen

You look absolutely beautiful and your wife is a lucky woman

This is such a lovely message! Thank you so much for writing! I really hope you're still working hard, I know you're just as capable and you'll get there no matter how long it takes. Feel free to send me a friend request!

Best of luck!! x

• imogen__may
    Options
    natajane wrote: »
    Wow, you have lost so much weight! You look fabulous and so glowing.

Next time I beat myself up over eating cake or missing the gym I will remind myself that it's all about the calories each day.

It's all in the diet!! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!