Hi, Anyone Else Doing Keto Diet, And Would like A Friend?

Options
Nandy82
Nandy82 Posts: 10 Member
I would like to start off and say I have tried introducing myself and see if anyone would like to be friends and motivate each other, share recipes, and all that good stuff but haven't had any real luck. It is hard for me to lose weight I have done it before but I lose more when i have a friend there when I am weak and I dont feel its so hard and I'm alone in this . And i am totally willing to return the favor.
A little about myself I'm a mom of 2 girls one 8 and the other is 3. Im a stay at home mother, married for 12 yrs . Im 33yrs old , bww ( not comfortable giving out weight sorry :/ ) and want to lose about 80lbs. I am currently doing the Keto Diet and I have lost about 8 lbs so far..

Replies

• HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low carb for 3 weeks and have lost 7lbs but I would like to adjust to a keto lifestyle. I have PCOS and hypothyroidism and I'm 19 years old, a college student, currently 175lbs and have about 35lbs to lose until my goal :)

• sofee2016
    sofee2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi im on my third week of anabolic diet which is 5 days no carbs at all only a few types of salad and at the weekend 2 days high carbs and low fat and low protein and im so happy with the results im gaining muscles and still losing fat and shredding . You can read about it and there is alot of videos in yotube about anabolic diet which is close to low carb diet . Good luck
  • mind2Bfree
    mind2Bfree Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Did you face any side effect when going low-carb? I started this a week back and I felt excess bloating and constipation ever since I reduced my carb intake.
  • Nandy82
    Options
    I had some wicked.. Headaches , little light headed.. But I took a shot of pickle juice and it help a lot. When your on the keto diet you need extra sodium your body dumps it quick..as well as magnesium ( Powerade zero is also great for replenishing what your body needs) As for the bloating I didn't get any of that ( maybe not enough water?) that will also help with the constipation .. Also add in more low carb veggies that will help a lot .. If that doesn't work a probiotic supplement would be my next try. I hope that helps Hun! :)
    mind2Bfree wrote: »
    Did you face any side effect when going low-carb? I started this a week back and I felt excess bloating and constipation ever since I reduced my carb intake.

• Pyr0catalyst
    Pyr0catalyst Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I tried Keto and I am currently on a High-fat/High-protein low carb diet.
    It's very effective for me and I've been losing lots of weight !
    <3
  • Nandy82
    Options
    I want to thank everyone that has replied and has added me as a friend.
  • almondskiin
    almondskiin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • Erabis
    Erabis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started a Keto diet. I'm currently on day 2 and feeling miserable. I have been drinking about 3L of water a day and increasing my sodium intake. I just bought a magnesium supplement. Still, I woke up today with a massive headache and terrible nausea. The Keto flu is no joke. :(
  • CURIOUSKENZ
    CURIOUSKENZ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started keto today! What all do you guys eat in a day... ?
  • nataliebyan0
    nataliebyan0 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would like to try the keto diet too and would love to have some friends that can help motivate each other...

A little about myself , I'm a mom of two as well, a three year old and a six months old. I'm finding it really hard to shed the pregnancy weight this time around and have tried to diet numerous times in the past six months but haven't been successful .im still as heavy as post delivery and feeling awful about myself. I also have mild Rosacea and I find when I'm on low to no carbs it helps

I want to lose 10-15pounds by August as a birthday present for myself

Would love to meet some friends here please feel free to add me
  • happymsnappy
    happymsnappy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been on the keto diet for a week and have lost 6 lbs. ;) Starting to lose my appetite. Eating about 1,100 cal/d with intermittent fasting.
  • happymsnappy
    Options

I've been on it for a week. Appetite isn't great, but I try to eat 2k cal/d, but only managing about 1,100 with intermittent fasting. I eat mostly eggs with cheese, bulletproof coffee, salads, and poultry.
  • happymsnappy
    edited May 2016
    Options

I've been on it for a week. Appetite isn't great, but I try to eat 2k cal/d, but only managing about 1,100 with intermittent fasting. I eat mostly eggs with cheese, bulletproof coffee, salads, and poultry.

• am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Come and join us in this postpartum group where we encourage each other and do a weekly weigh in. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113945-fit-fabulous-postpartum
  • gayleofdallas
    gayleofdallas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just began Keto yesterday but been trying to do low carb since March. Hard for me to lose weight, and maybe that's due to being almost 64 years old. Anyway.... feel free to add me. :)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Suggest you check out the main low carber forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketofiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group