Help! I have arms like a man.

Options

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I started lifting very heavy because I was told it helps me lose weight, and I did lost 80 lbs so far and it's amazing. But only thing is I have arms like a man. I know having muscles is good, but sometimes I feel unconfident to wear sleeveless top. I've always been told that my arms look like a man. Some of them make fun about my arms like "wow your arms is bigger than mine(men)" or "I'm afraid of you now"
    If I lose more weight by dieting and keep weight lifting plus cardio, does it help me have smaller arms? Or should I stop lifting? (I don't want to stop lifting after seeing the result; weightlost,stronger, better shape.)
    Or I have no hope to fix my arms and have to accept how my body type is.
    Thank you in advance for any advice.

Those boys are insecure *kitten*.

Ask them, doyouevenliftbro?

And, yeah - like Dave mentioned above. You like lifting and don't want to stop? Then don't.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Still no pics of those manly arms?
  • chrisfwood
    chrisfwood Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm quite light build for a man, so what. If you're strong good for you, as others have said keep doing what you enjoy and ignore the pricks they are only jealous.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Can we see you're manly arms before we really give you advice?

Magic 8 ball says it's 100% a perception issue you'll re-adjust as you continue to become more confident about what you can do.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    If you've ALWAYS had manly arms maybe you need to get used to the fact that you are who you are. Continue enjoying what you do and like PP said, stop hanging out with scrawny men!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Or you can hang out with different people who don't make fun of your body or feel insecure if a women is strong.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    If a man thinks your arms are more 'manly' than his, perhaps it's his problem and he should work on himself. Just do you, you are rocking it.
  • rawley69
    rawley69 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What's the problem? Ripped ladies are awesome. If people don't like your arms looking better than theirs, tell them to hit to gym.
  • Kieranova1994
    Kieranova1994 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    rawley69 wrote: »
    What's the problem? Ripped ladies are awesome. If people don't like your arms looking better than theirs, tell them to hit to gym.

I agree☺
  • shank35l
    shank35l Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    "I'm afraid of you now"

Your response should be "than get at my level"

Keep your guns, never be ashamed of them.
  • AbigailC17
    AbigailC17 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Girl, lift weights for you. Do not give up because of the men who commented about your body. Me? I lift weights for me! I am not here to change just cuz men feel inferior to my body or feel uncomfortable. I usually brush off people's comment about my arms.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    rawley69 wrote: »

This!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I started lifting very heavy because I was told it helps me lose weight, and I did lost 80 lbs so far and it's amazing. But only thing is I have arms like a man. I know having muscles is good, but sometimes I feel unconfident to wear sleeveless top. I've always been told that my arms look like a man. Some of them make fun about my arms like "wow your arms is bigger than mine(men)" or "I'm afraid of you now"
    If I lose more weight by dieting and keep weight lifting plus cardio, does it help me have smaller arms? Or should I stop lifting? (I don't want to stop lifting after seeing the result; weightlost,stronger, better shape.)

If you do not like the look, then yes, you need to slow down with lifting. It is a matter of personal preference. Different people like different things. What do you like? Do not let yourself be bullied either way, feeling bad for loving to lift or feeling bad about not liking the new look. It is your body. If you like getting stronger and like visible muscle, who cares what others think? If you are hoping for a "softer" look, then change your exercise routine.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    If you have arms like a man it means you're taking testosterone (or steroids) because women can't get bulky. If you're not taking testosterone then people don't know what man arms are supposed to look like. Don't stop lifting because you're self conscious. Pony up and love your body for how strong it and able it is. If people don't like they they can go fk themselves. Next time someone criticizes your arms ask them this, "Don't you have your own body to go worry about?"

End of discussion.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Nice definition but not "manly"
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    do you walk around flexing 24/7?
  • grizzlygift
    grizzlygift Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the cheerful comments. You're right that I shouldn't feel bad because of few folks as long as I'm happy with weight lifting. I like shape of my arms, but I think it's too big, isn't it? I'll keep do weight lifting, and dieting because I think if I lose more weight and fat, my arms might get smaller and toned.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

Wow. You really think that you would rather NOT get jealous comments from people? Because that's what they are. Strength is a GOOD thing - you should love your arms and definitely do NOT stop lifting!!!