chafing? ah..

Options
is there a solution to this what can i use to prevent it cause it happens when i walk are jog for a long period of time. help!!!

Replies

• Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I do have a cream for after, but nothing to save me first.
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I wear loose yoga capri shorts (or long shorts, however you want to call it) otherwise my shorts ride up in between my legs because of my thigh fat. This helps prevent the skin from touching.
  • niki30
    niki30 Posts: 40
    Options
    I bought leggings, there comfortable, and keep me cool, and my legs don't rub together! I got mine at Walmart they are like 13$ and only go up to 2x, which is what I have. That works for me :) if you don't like those, you can try spandex under your jogging shorts. :glasses:
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I use baby powder! =D and I'm not really shy or care about what people might think, so I'll take my Mini baby powder out and apply it if I feel it bothering me LOL I've heard there's actually stuff out there for joggers that you can apply, but baby powder is so much cheaper! ;) Good luck!
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I have a cream called "Lanacane anti-chafing gel".
    It works amazingly well. I didnt expect it, it doesnt feel gooy or sticky or wet, it drys into a film and then ...no chafing. Awesome.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I wear leggings, but then I wear sweat pants over them..the world doesn't need to see me in leggings just yet :laugh:
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Change what your wearing, both as underwear and as running shorts. Look into Under Armour products. They make some good underwear thats meant for running.
  • MissJoy18
    MissJoy18 Posts: 45
    Options
    I've seen anti-chafing sticks/gels sold at running shops. I have yet to try it though.
  • Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of remedies about but the best product to use is called Glide. It's found in sporting goods stores, REI, Running specialty stores etc. Excellent product!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Try antiperspirant.
  • zackary90
    zackary90 Posts: 26
    Options
    Thank you all i think ill try the baby powder :) for now..
  • babs23
    babs23 Posts: 86
    Options
    wear tighty bike shorts under your regular shorts. They work like a CHARM! Walmart actually has a decent workout clothing section and a nice selection of compression type shorts. Check it out!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    runlube (or something similar). it's a sports lubricant oil.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Boxer briefs helped for me.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Spandex! I know I know but seriously, the tight fitting layer under your regular clothes will make a world of difference. Also Monastat makes a cream that works like a silicone lube. You rub it on the insides of your thighs and it reduces the friction. I used it a lot when I was at my heaviest- especially in the summer. Just keep walking, biking, swimming anything you can and that really will go away. (it may be one of the last things but it will go away.)
  • jfe224
    jfe224 Posts: 7
    Options
    You can buy a product called "Body Glide" at any running store. It comes in a deodorant shaped tube and it's like vasoline but in a firmer consistency. You rub it on all the spots that chafe, such as inner thighs, under the breasts, arm pits, etc before you exercise and it prevents chafing. It works wonders! Good luck!
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    The lanacane (sp?) anti-chafing gel works well, as does Glide, sold in running stores. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    If you hit up a store with specialty workout clothes like a Nike or REI they have running/jogging pants/capris that I use -- as a guy you probably don't want to wear just walmart leggings but I've seen guys in the ones from Nike and they look good (hot) -- and actually I look awesome in mine whereas every other pair of cheaper ones I tried on I looked...fat.

Not that it really matters but it kind of makes me feel better since I'm working out where people can see me
  • zackary90
    zackary90 Posts: 26
    Options
    Maybe spandex but were do they sell them for men.. Big 5?
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Solid deodorant applied beforehand works well. Or bike shorts.