What Was Your Most Recent "OH HECK NO" Moment With Fitness?

Options
Bought 2 pair of livi active shorts Size 22/24. You know the "it looks like it's for swim, but it's for whatever" kinda clothing? I'm a size 21/22 (so I usually buy size 20/22) depending on the type of clothing. I nearly had a PANIC attack thinking "AM I REALLY THIS FKING HUGE?"

Thank GOD my new passion planner came in and I wrote everything in sharpie!

Replies

• catsdogsh
    catsdogsh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    khh1138 wrote: »
    I recently started working out at the gym with a trainer. I thought I used to work out pretty hard. No. Not even close. I just had the hardest upper body workout I've ever had. When I got out to my car, I was actually a little worried I'd be able to safely drive home. My arms were soooo spent. The rest of the day, it was a huge effort to even lift a book.
    I'm a little scared to go back.

Same thing happened to me. The day after the trainer I wasn't able to lift my arm to brush my hair. But, it gets easier every time. Once I got sick and throwing up because I worked so hard. It's all worth it
  • shank35l
    shank35l Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I damaged my rotator cuff at work last November. I was still on track for being within BMI normal ranges. I got lazy and dumb and gained back 14 pounds. I left work early and went to the gym.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Me trying to get on my stationary bike after a few days of intense cardio. My legs were like Hell no. Couldn't even reach 14mph. Took a rest day instead.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    My balance isn't great, so I have a "hell no" moment each time the trainer wants us to do balance movements. Like, squats on the bosu ball, or single leg squats, or some of the trx movements. I'm like. . . look, my body just doesn't do that. Hah

Having a dance background, I actually LOVE balance workouts!
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    every thursday is hell no day, a 45 minute spin class, quick protein shake, then my lower body strength routine (barbell squats/lunges/deadlifts etc etc.). Maximum leg day, end up like spaghetti
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'll second the burpees and add:

Man maker burpees (omgwhattheehell?!!!!)
    Trying to jog day after intense leg day.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Bought 2 pair of livi active shorts Size 22/24. You know the "it looks like it's for swim, but it's for whatever" kinda clothing? I'm a size 21/22 (so I usually buy size 20/22) depending on the type of clothing. I nearly had a PANIC attack thinking "AM I REALLY THIS FKING HUGE?"

Just to reassure you, in my experience some brands of active clothing run quite small, so it's quite likely that that wasn't your "actual" size. (Figure skating clothing is especially bad for this: it's sized for pygmies, I swear.)

Mine was not being able to finish level one of the Jillian Michaels BEGINNER shred. Damn.

When I first started trying to get in shape, I tried 30DS. I had to take a break in the middle of the warm-up!! :blush:
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I had to be rescued today at the gym after finishing a set of good.mornings. I usually use a 60lb preloaded barbell, but accidentally grabbed a 70lb one today. I got it up on my shoulders (realizing the weight was off on the way up), but decided to try it anyways. I was able to finish a set of 10, actually....but then had to ask for help to get it off my shoulders :(
  • KrissaJane92
    KrissaJane92 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Uphills. Do I need to say more?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Just to reassure you, in my experience some brands of active clothing run quite small, so it's quite likely that that wasn't your "actual" size. (Figure skating clothing is especially bad for this: it's sized for pygmies, I swear.)

Mine was not being able to finish level one of the Jillian Michaels BEGINNER shred. Damn.

When I first started trying to get in shape, I tried 30DS. I had to take a break in the middle of the warm-up!! :blush:

Haha Slim in 6. Didn't make it through the warm up either. LOL.
    Uphills. Do I need to say more?

Yeah. I actually managed to do one hour at 14% once ages ago (I don't hold the rail either), now my calves are just NOPE and on a good day I can do 10 or 12% for an hour (which really hasn't happened in a while).

So frustrating though when your body gives up on you. I blame it on getting old...
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    One of my first days at Kung fu training, learning a lot of kicks, my hip flexors were so sore the next day, I couldn't stand up straight if I relaxed for even a moment. I walked like a little old lady with a hunch. I figured it was because I was just so out of shape in general but my extremely fit soccer playing daughter went through the same pain. She was laughing so hard because she finally understood what my problem was. She thought I was a wimp. Lol. My general opinion always about myself. It was no joke.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    The first time I did T25. There were things flapping I didn't know could flap. Awful.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Proper burpees. I can only do the ones from a raised platform, which are difficult enough!
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Donkey kick push ups.

I genuinely stood in my class and just stared at the instruction with a WTF?! expression.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    People on tv make burpees look so easy! Every time I'm fooled into thinking yeah I can do that. No. No I can't do that. At least right now. Maybe not ever, at least with good form.