chafing? ah..

2»

Replies

• kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    I like under armour products. The compression shorts have 9" legs and I've never had any problems when I wear them. I either wear sweats or shorts over them.
  • babs23
    babs23 Posts: 86
    Maybe spandex but were do they sell them for men.. Big 5?

At Walmart (yes tameko2 Walmart), they sell Starter brand compression shorts for $12. I just bought a pair for my husband today. He ran 5 miles in them at the gym tonight with no issues.

They absorb moisture and they are anti-microbial. heck... they are even reflective! They come in black, gray, blue or white. :)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member

At Walmart (yes tameko2 Walmart), they sell Starter brand compression shorts for $12. I just bought a pair for my husband today. He ran 5 miles in them at the gym tonight with no issues.

They absorb moisture and they are anti-microbial. heck... they are even reflective! They come in black, gray, blue or white. :)

No need to snipe, I'm not dissing walmart, I just don't shop there because there isn't one convenient to me (Yeah I know it sounds weird, but its true - I actually have to make a special trip to go to a walmart) and I hated the fit and look of everything at the sporting goods store and target - so I ended up dropping cash at the Nike store. I am so freaking ridiculously happy with how I look in them that it ended up being worth it to me, but I also am in a good financial situation overall so it wasn't a major hardship.

I would have hit the TJ maxx but I only had a lunch hour to shop in. Just sayin - they do look fantastic on everyone and when you're waddling along in the park next to the skinny runners that's a nice to have.
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    I have the same problem. I wore loose shorts and I created a fire!!! Boy did that hurt!!! :sad: This happens when I would run and when I went to the water park...(oh course the chlorine didn't help either!!!) I ended up walking like I was about the give birth! I have since worn bike shorts and I put vaseline on the inside on both my thighs. Works wonders for me! NO fire!! Hopefully as I lose weight I will create some space inbetween these thunderthighs! Good luck to you!
  • babs23
    babs23 Posts: 86

No need to snipe, I'm not dissing walmart, I just don't shop there because there isn't one convenient to me (Yeah I know it sounds weird, but its true - I actually have to make a special trip to go to a walmart) and I hated the fit and look of everything at the sporting goods store and target - so I ended up dropping cash at the Nike store. I am so freaking ridiculously happy with how I look in them that it ended up being worth it to me, but I also am in a good financial situation overall so it wasn't a major hardship.

I would have hit the TJ maxx but I only had a lunch hour to shop in. Just sayin - they do look fantastic on everyone and when you're waddling along in the park next to the skinny runners that's a nice to have.

I am no fan or walmart, trust me... I just ended up there today because I needed some bathroom cleaning products. Lysol is Lysol, no matter where you buy it! lol anyways I was SHOCKED by the variety/quality of the mens workout clothes there. (Fruit of the Loom muscle shirts for $4.77! O.O) The girls workout section? not so much....

So, if zachary is just looking for options, it's a great way to try it out before committing $30 on a pair of Nike shorts. ya know?
  • rickydeuce
    rickydeuce Posts: 80
    I double up. Under Armour 9" shorts with baby powder. I need it for anything over 8 miles. Just make sure of the color band you get. The blue ones are for cold weather I think, while the red band ones are for summer.
  • MrGizmo
    MrGizmo Posts: 2
    Another vote for Body Glide from REI I haven't found anything else that works as well.
    I'm a sweater and baby powder + profuse sweat = paste. Sorry for that image, I just grossed myself out.
  • Crystaljk78
    Crystaljk78 Posts: 17 Member
    Yes, baby powder for sure! I especially like the kind with cornstarch :)
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    My husband uses Body Glide, it looks like a deodorant stick but it's made to prevent chafing. He uses it on his long runs or anything over 10 miles.

http://www.bodyglide.com/#/products/anti-chafe
This discussion has been closed.