Low carb high fat dieter here

Options
nolleen9
nolleen9 Posts: 5 Member
Low carb high fat woe here looking for someone doing same.

Replies

• Jo4applerose
    Jo4applerose Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would like help on this too. I noticed that my body is resisting losing weight though so it seems I need to watch the calories any suggestions? I am following Dr. Hymans eat fat get them diet no we told grains no dairy no sugar no alcohol.
  • rerez2015
    rerez2015 Posts: 72 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Smile!
  • layak
    layak Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I thought its suppose to be low carb high protein diet?
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    If you haven't yet check out the low carb group here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Lots of good information and helpful people in there.
  • Junthe
    Junthe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    LCHF here too but lm not strict on the macros. I fast as well as this gets you into burning fat for fuel too. 6 weeks in and 13lb down so far.
  • Junthe
    Junthe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    layak wrote: »
    I thought its suppose to be low carb high protein diet?

Technically I'd say a more appropriate name is Low Carb, Moderate Protein, Moderate Fat. The "High Fat" in weight loss SHOULD refer to the body fat you're burning for energy rather than dietary fat if you're doing it correctly. Higher dietary fat is more the territory of maintenance LCHF imo.

Too much protein will turn into glucose, lower carbs will not satisfy you therefore, raising good fat will satiate and will not raise your inslin levels therfore the fuel your body will reach for is fat you store on your body. This will help you lose weight.
  • dukaqwn1
    dukaqwn1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sorry, don't have a pic up yet, but I am also doing LCHF. I have been doing it - not so faithfully - for about 3 weeks and have lost 8 pounds. I think my heavy alcohol intake was causing a reduction of ketosis, so I have slacked off and am being strict about staying under 30 gm CHO daily to see if that speeds up things.