Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

5'4" Ladies with 20 - 30lbs To Lose

2»

Replies

• Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    I am 5'4" and 167...I almost died when I saw that number come on the scale. It is difficult for me to stick with anything and believe me I have tried it all...after hundreds of dollars, unsafe diets and ridiculous exercise routines a friend led me to this site. I guess it's worth a try and after reading all of the other messages, I know it can actually be done...here is to getting skinny again!!

That's where I am at right now, and bouncing around a few pounds of that. It's frustrating because the loss just stopped and I still have a good 20-27 more to go to where I want to be.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Yep! I'm 5'4", started in the 150's and trying to get to the 120's.
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Right on! I'm so glad there's so many of us!! I feel so much less alone! Add me if you like and we'll do it together!! I do C25K, about to run my first on July 4th. Ack!
  • I'm 5'4" and my highest weight was 155, then on MFP I started at 143, and now I'm at 136. I wanna eventually get down to 120 and see how I feel there.
  • Neeners88
    Neeners88 Posts: 2
    glad to not be alone! I'm 5'3.5" and I'm down to 157, I'd like to get down to 130-135ish. :)
  • Lo2101
    Lo2101 Posts: 8
    Hi Everybody

I belong to this group 5'4" and I want to lose 24 lbs.
    I lost 26 lbs since last year, I had trouble to stay on track but now I really want to lose these last pounds.

That would be nice to not be alone anymore and lose these pounds all together :smile:
  • angelawilliams29
    angelawilliams29 Posts: 50 Member
    Hi y'all!! . I'm 5'4 & in need of another 20+ pounds falling off!! This has been a lifelong battle for me & I'm changing every aspect of my life now! I'm sick of the roller coaster ride! I actually had gotten HUGE about 10 years ago, when I was pregnant with my first child (232 lbs!!!) & over the 4 years after having my second, I managed to lose 100 (on my own, through diet & exercise)...However, 3 years ago the best thing ever happened to me & my hubby...we gave our lives to Christ, as He opened our eyes & hearts to our desperate condition & need of Him, our Savior. Well, our lives completely changed & in the process, lots of fellowship around FOOD started occurring...plus I started homeschooling, yada, yada, yada...life happened & I put about 30 lbs back on! . I started my new journey on April 18 & so far have lost about 10 lbs (& nearly 20 inches off my entire body!). I eat clean & I exercise regularly! My family is onboard with me now, which makes it easier. I am determined that this time, it's for life!! I've got too many ppl who depend on me...I have to set the best example I can!! I would love to lose another 20-25 lbs...but my immediate goal is 12. AND I don't just want to be "skinny"...I want to be active, fit, & HEALTHY!!!! I, too, am glad to know I'm not alone...anyone interested, please feel free to add me!!! 
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Yay! There's so many of us! My highest was 172 a couple years ago and since then I've lost weight multiple times but I'm hovering in the 150s now and was in the 140s just a couple months ago, dangit! I was so proud of myself but big life changes happened and with that came the extra lbs. I'm ready to get back to that and then some! I haven't been in the 130s since I was probably 17 which was over 12 years ago (yikes!) so it feels unobtainable but I see how many people have done it on MFP and I think... maybe, just maybe...
  • angelawilliams29
    angelawilliams29 Posts: 50 Member
    Yep..lots of us, apparently!! :). I hate the 150's...I mean, don't get me wrong...it's better than any higher number!! But it seems like it takes forever to get out of the 150's!!!! I cannot wait to see 149.9 even...just to not see the 1 followed by a 5 anymore!!! :P. I was I'm the 130's just a few years ago, but like you, I didn't stay there very long. :(. Why oh why do we do this when we know it's Sooo hard to lose!!?? I refuse to gain it back once I get it off!!! Feel free to add me if you want & we can keep each other going!! :)
  • bailer1310
    bailer1310 Posts: 11
    Hi Ladies, Can I join. I'm already down 8 pounds currently weighing 129 pounds and 5'4.5. However, I have 9 more pounds to go. I need the motivation and support. I get soooo frustrated when I look in the mirror and my wide hips are STILL there. My mini goal is to be down 5 pounds by August 9 and at goal of 120 pounds by October 1.
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    This is me! I'm 5'3.5" and trying to lose 35...I've lost 5 already and have 30 left...Feel free to add me!