Just starting

Options
I am starting once again (for about the 100th time) and am feeling positive. I am 40 and it seems that my metabolism is slowing down, I can gain two pounds just by looking at cake. I struggle with a sweet tooth but am finally accountable for it and am looking forward to looking and feeling great.

Replies

• grammymelPolly
    Options
    Welcome to MFP you will see that everyone is friendly and will encourage you along your way to a healhty lifestyle. You may have started 100 times before this just be the first start to a new you. Would love to help you on your way so add me as a friend if you like.
  • Lorna1976
    Lorna1976 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, keep positive. There will be moments that you may give up or have a bad day or not lose as much weight one week as you had hoped, but stick with it. We are all going through the same thing together.

If i am about to have something bad i always find it helps to come on here and chat to friends. They give you the support you need to get through the tough times.

Also have a look at the sucess stories. It makes me realise how much i want my goal and not want i want right now.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! I just turned 40 in April, and that was all the motivation I needed to get on track to a healthy and fit me. Good luck to you, you can do it!! :)
  • shana151
    shana151 Posts: 4
    Options
    Good luck!
    I'm new here too so you can add me if you want!